Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 35" tire mounting

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by mtyler11 View Post
    Haha!
    Is that for the flame shooting exhaust?
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a tall lift, big mud tires, winch, and a light bar simply do not.
    Why buy a Wrangler if you don't take the top and doors off?
    ~Shawn(the correct spelling ;)

Quote Originally Posted by ecgreen View Post
    MR GEES in Weare
    My Gees is awesome. I called an talked with Mike (I think that's who I talked to...) this morning. I tried to get a quote on the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss ATs. He didn't have them in stock. So he took my number and called his distributors. After calling all his distributors, he found out they none had any stock and it appears that they may not be in the pipeline due to something on the manufacturing side. So, he found a list of similar tires (some of which were in stock, some of which were not) and gave me that list. I can't believe how much effort he put into finding me a tire that would work. I am going to research other tires and find another tread that I like. Once I figure that out I am calling him back. Thanks for the lead.
    1996 Landcruiser, 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo Grunter, Dawes Boost Controller - 23psi, front/rear ARB lockers, ARB rear bumper, Slinky/Icon 3", Wholesale automatics A442f Extreme, 35" Duratracs, home built aluminum belly skid/Sliders, Costa Fabrications Front Bumper, Rigid D2 Low/Hi beam
    1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - 2" Alcan springs, 10" travel Gabriel shocks, 30" Yokohama AT/S
    2020 AEV Prospector -

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
    My Gees is awesome. I called an talked with Mike (I think that's who I talked to...) this morning. I tried to get a quote on the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss ATs. He didn't have them in stock. So he took my number and called his distributors. After calling all his distributors, he found out they none had any stock and it appears that they may not be in the pipeline due to something on the manufacturing side. So, he found a list of similar tires (some of which were in stock, some of which were not) and gave me that list. I can't believe how much effort he put into finding me a tire that would work. I am going to research other tires and find another tread that I like. Once I figure that out I am calling him back. Thanks for the lead.
    First off does ecgreen have a vast knowledge of all the off road shops and the good people who do this kind of work? My goodness. And second of all people a little further north in our state seem a bit more happy to help people. I learned of this when I moved just a bit north and the people were so nice and very pleasant to talk to (not everyone I get it) but a lot of people on northern NH are some of the nicest Peps around. And best of luck to you and finding something that will work for the black beauty(I canít believe I just said that about a dodge)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NH-PLAY View Post
    First off does ecgreen have a vast knowledge of all the off road shops and the good people who do this kind of work?
    That's what happens when you select vehicles that break down a lot and need work...
    -- Tundra (yes, really my name, not my truck!) - KC1DQY

As yet unnamed - 2021 Wrangler Rubicon - mine-mine-mine-no-matter-what-the-bank-says - https://forums.exploringnh.com/showthread.php?33005
    Wheezy Chicken (Gone now, RIP) - 2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer') - https://forums.exploringnh.com/showt...ame-for-it-yet
    Old Swampy - 1952 Willys MD (aka M38A1 aka G758) - in my he-shed undergoing the lengthy process of renovation/reassembly into mostly stock form - will return to the currently available reproduction of the original Olive Drab and US Army markings eventually - https://forums.exploringnh.com/showt...390-Old-Swampy

Quote Originally Posted by Ivoryring View Post
    That's what happens when you select vehicles that break down a lot and need work...

"I hope you get hit by a goose, right in the sway bar!" -anon "Everything needs a snorkel!" -me

2015 Tacoma Access 2.7 (aka 'Scratchy') -> 33" Grabber ATX, FJC wheels, 3" OME 887/dakar pack, CBI sliders & skids, Pelfreybilt bumper, ****tybilt 9 winch, etc
    1989 Ford Bronco II (aka 'Babe the Blue Pig') -> 33" Maxis Rzr MT, Dana 35 TTB, Locked F/R, 4.56 gears, 3" Duff lift, Warn m8000 winch, Duff F/R bumpers, 100s of hours of my pathetic life, 2.9l POS motor

In all seriousness, they have amazing customer service. Also, they never complain about modifications. I had my B2 alignment done there and the guy was super psyched about trying to do an old lifted TTB axle lol. He spent awhile on it trying to make sure everything was just right. I just can't say enough good things about that place.
    "I hope you get hit by a goose, right in the sway bar!" -anon "Everything needs a snorkel!" -me

2015 Tacoma Access 2.7 (aka 'Scratchy') -> 33" Grabber ATX, FJC wheels, 3" OME 887/dakar pack, CBI sliders & skids, Pelfreybilt bumper, ****tybilt 9 winch, etc
    1989 Ford Bronco II (aka 'Babe the Blue Pig') -> 33" Maxis Rzr MT, Dana 35 TTB, Locked F/R, 4.56 gears, 3" Duff lift, Warn m8000 winch, Duff F/R bumpers, 100s of hours of my pathetic life, 2.9l POS motor

Mr Gees set me up and mounted my 37s on Friday. They were fast, easy to work with and got the tires balanced nicely. They said the tires took a lot of weight (typical for 37s) but I am vibration free from 0 to 85mph (as fast as I've gone so far). Really happy with their work.

1996 Landcruiser, 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo Grunter, Dawes Boost Controller - 23psi, front/rear ARB lockers, ARB rear bumper, Slinky/Icon 3", Wholesale automatics A442f Extreme, 35" Duratracs, home built aluminum belly skid/Sliders, Costa Fabrications Front Bumper, Rigid D2 Low/Hi beam
    1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - 2" Alcan springs, 10" travel Gabriel shocks, 30" Yokohama AT/S
    2020 AEV Prospector -

Default 35" tire mounting

Mr Gees set me up and mounted my 37s on Friday. They were fast, easy to work with and got the tires balanced nicely. They said the tires took a lot of weight (typical for 37s) but I am vibration free from 0 to 85mph (as fast as I've gone so far). Really happy with their work.

Looking good there lumps. Looking good . Now letís get her out and some trails under her. Maybe a little trail rub here and thereÖ.ok maybe not yet I get it. But that looks nice.

Last edited by NH-PLAY; 01-18-2022 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NH-PLAY View Post
    Looking good there lumps. Looking good . Now letís get her out and some trails under her. Maybe a little trail run here and thereÖ.ok maybe not yet I get it. But that looks nice.

Thanks man. Keep bugging me. I'll get out eventually, haha.
    2020 AEV Prospector -