Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: FullVue Rear Camera Mirror Install Question

Default FullVue Rear Camera Mirror Install Question

I just installed this rear mirror camera system in my jeep and of coarse the one section I have a question about is completely passed over in the install instructions. To power the camera and the mirror display I need a 12V constant and a 12V ACC and I am not sure what wires I can use in the Jeep to get me that. I have not found any wiring diagrams with wire color codes that tell me what I need on the passenger side foot well that will work. Youtube was no help either.

Has anyone installed this system before and has a good wining option or a more actuate wiring diagram for a 2007 JK?

See attached picture for reference. The power supply is on the bottom right corner.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited Stock.

Michael T

Ham call sign: KC1KWS

If your cigarette lighter works with the engine off I would use that for the 12 volts, if it only works with the key on then I would use that for the 12 volts acc. Then I would use a multi meter with the car off to find a 12 volt source that is always on.

do you need power at the back fit the camera or near the dash for the mirror/display?
    Last edited by joemcd; 07-15-2021 at 11:18 PM.
    1992 Range Rover Classic Alpine White "Grover" - Gone
    1988 Land Rover (Defender) Ninety Black "Ralph"- Gone
    2006 Land Rover LR3 (Discovery 3) Tonga Green "Greenie"- Gone
    1988 Range Rover Classic Portofino Red "Randy" - Gone
    1992 Range Rover Classic Eastnor Green "Rocket" - Gone
    2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II Oxford Pearl Blue Metallic "R2"
    2008 Range Rover Supercharged (L322) Stornoway Grey “Grey Ghost”

“Shhhhhh it’s okay.... everything is okay, we’re in the Range Rover” -Dennis Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by joemcd View Post
    If your cigarette lighter works with the engine off I would use that for the 12 volts, if it only works with the key on then I would use that for the 12 volts acc. Then I would use a multi meter with the car off to find a 12 volt source that is always on.

do you need power at the back fit the camera or near the dash for the mirror/display?
    I need it up front in the passager foot well. It powers the display and the video cable powers the camera. Trying to avoid running wires to the cigarette lights if I can. You can see from the pictures that the connector from the power module are fuse connectors, so I was planning on spicing in inline fuse holders to connect to but I dont want to start cutting wires unless I know what they do first.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2007 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited Stock.

Michael T

Ham call sign: KC1KWS

The tough part with most modern vehicle electrical systems, including JKs, is that most systems are controlled by the computer via CAN-bus. My understanding is that the only 'normal' power wires in the JK dash are the stereo 12v feed, which is constant, and the cig lighter, which is switched 12v.

Most folks take power off the fuse box under the hood. There are a couple fuse positions designated for ACC 12v power, as well as for constant 12v. Penetrating the firewall can be tricky, but often there is space to run a wire through an existing rubber wire penetration or even poke through a rubber plug in the firewall.

Many of our members have run accessories in their JK and may be able to share more details on how they did it.
    New project: 1998 Chevy K2500

WAGGLER: 1999 TJ: RIP
    Member: Team Overbuilt
    Shop Build Thread