Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: ISO OEM hood latches Jeep JK

Default ISO OEM hood latches Jeep JK

Anyone around Methuen have OEM hood latches for the JK/JKU (06-17 I think?)

I have new latches that I haven't installed yet but I'm kinda prioritizing the lift and camping related projects right now, so if you can wait a bit, you can have the factory ones off my '17.
    2017 JK Rubicon: 2.5 Metalcloak Gamechanger Rocksport with rear coil spring correction, 1/2 front spacers, Durospring bump stops and relocated Rocksport Steering Stabilizer. 35X10.5 Kenda Klever RT's. Adams driveshaft. Teraflex front axle sleeves, C gussets and HD ball joints. Zone Offroad track bar mount gusseting. Spohn Performance upper track bar braces. Deegan 38 front bumper with skid, lights and winch. DV8 RS-10 rear bumper with TC-6 carrier. Barricade sliders. Poison Spyder diff cover. Skids by Ace Engineering, RC, EVO, Smittybilt and Rockhard 4x4. Skids everywhere! KMS Congo Sport Cage Rack. Smittybilt Overlander rooftop tent.
    2001 TJ Sport: Stockish 4.0L, but in fancy clothes.

Build Page

Treadlightly!

Quote Originally Posted by J&J View Post
    I have new latches that I haven't installed yet but I'm kinda prioritizing the lift and camping related projects right now, so if you can wait a bit, you can have the factory ones off my '17.

I'll take you up on that, lmk when you've got it off

Quote Originally Posted by m42rima View Post
    I'll take you up on that, lmk when you've got it off
    PM sent!
    2017 JK Rubicon: 2.5 Metalcloak Gamechanger Rocksport with rear coil spring correction, 1/2 front spacers, Durospring bump stops and relocated Rocksport Steering Stabilizer. 35X10.5 Kenda Klever RT's. Adams driveshaft. Teraflex front axle sleeves, C gussets and HD ball joints. Zone Offroad track bar mount gusseting. Spohn Performance upper track bar braces. Deegan 38 front bumper with skid, lights and winch. DV8 RS-10 rear bumper with TC-6 carrier. Barricade sliders. Poison Spyder diff cover. Skids by Ace Engineering, RC, EVO, Smittybilt and Rockhard 4x4. Skids everywhere! KMS Congo Sport Cage Rack. Smittybilt Overlander rooftop tent.

Build Page

Treadlightly!

Why replace hood latches that have a very high chance of failing with ones that are the same failure prone item?
    Hood latch failure is a very common occurance on the JK. They become weak and seem fine then you pass a truck on a two lane highway at 50 and you will see the hood lift right to the catch. You will surely . If unlucky, the catch will fail and the real pain begins. Windshield, hood, frame maybe, all because the hood latch rubber is garbage.
    As you may have guessed, I replaced mine on both JK's I have owned, both times because they were failing. I used Daystar. Well worth the $25 investment. There are others out there, some even use the new JL latches which are a metal construction, same as Rugged Ridge.
    Please, don't replace stock with stock if you can at all avoid it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Gone now :( -2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2" BB, 4.88's, TT F&R, 33x10.5 km2's, xrc8 winch, uniden pro xl520 cb, 4' wilson
    Gone now too :( -2008 Rubicon, uniden pro xl520 cb, 5' wilson Silver Load, JCR engine skid, JCR evap skid
    Present-2012 JK Sahara-275/70r18 KO2's, Smitty engine skid, Rancho 2" sport spring lift, Warn vr10, Rockhard stock bumper winch plate, same ol' Uniden Pro xl520 CB still, 3' Wilson Silverload on Teraflex spare tire antenna mount

Buy a Gazetteer

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by m42rima View Post
    Anyone around Methuen have OEM hood latches for the JK/JKU (06-17 I think?)
    2007-2018 ;)

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    ...I used Daystar. Well worth the $25 investment...
    We got those for Erin's, as once we took the pebble deflector off the front(plastic valance under the bumper), the hood flutter got much worse. VERY stiff at first, during the winter, but not bad now. The Daystar ones on my still allowed for way too much movement. I think metal ones would be the way to go.
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a tall lift, big mud tires, winch, and a light bar simply do not.
    Why buy a Wrangler if you don't take the top and doors off?
    ~Shawn(the correct spelling ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    2007-2018 ;)

We got those for Erin's, as once we took the pebble deflector off the front(plastic valance under the bumper), the hood flutter got much worse. VERY stiff at first, during the winter, but not bad now. The Daystar ones on my still allowed for way too much movement. I think metal ones would be the way to go.
    Mine were replaced with metal, locking. I bought them a couple years ago not because of flutter, but a wave of Jeep battery thefts. Apparently I wasn't that worried about it to just get around to installing them now, but I did want to replace them at some point anyway in anticipation of flutter. They are not adjustable and I do have a deflector. They fit well, tight, but not too tight.

Build Page

Treadlightly!

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    Why replace hood latches that have a very high chance of failing with ones that are the same failure prone item?
    Hood latch failure is a very common occurance on the JK. They become weak and seem fine then you pass a truck on a two lane highway at 50 and you will see the hood lift right to the catch. You will surely . If unlucky, the catch will fail and the real pain begins. Windshield, hood, frame maybe, all because the hood latch rubber is garbage.
    As you may have guessed, I replaced mine on both JK's I have owned, both times because they were failing. I used Daystar. Well worth the $25 investment. There are others out there, some even use the new JL latches which are a metal construction, same as Rugged Ridge.
    Please, don't replace stock with stock if you can at all avoid it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    oof, too late now I literally just put them on lol

\_(ツ)_/