Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: looking for an awning

Default looking for an awning

Hey All,

Building up my utility trailer as a do it all for some longer trips (Just ordered a new axle to fit my toyota rims with 34's) and fenders. Next is a rack for it and thinking about mounting an awning to it. I know there was a few cheap ones on here in the past. Anyone still have one lying around they aren't using?

Jeepin is online now Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Project Lead
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Good luck with the search Tony.

If you do not locate one used, any idea what you would be looking for? I have been checking out the 23ZERO product recently, some cool awnings, they make both a 180 and a 270 design, real easy setup after watching some videos. And you can add wall kits on to them. Pricing seems reasonable for what they offer, I feel. For a standard size awning you can find them for less $ of course, such as an ARB, they just have less overhead coverage of course.

https://23zero.com/product-category/...egrine-series/
    /_/[]||||||[]\_\
    Crawler: 90' YJ, 4.0L, 35x13.5 BFG Krawlers, MT Wheels, Coyote Double Beadlocks, SOA Lift, Shackle Reversal, HP D30, Ford 8.8, Aussie Locked F&R, Rocky Road OTT Steering, SYE, Bilstein Shocks, XRC8 Winch, Full Cage, Armor and Dents.
    (Oo\||||||/oO)
    Daily Driver / Overlander: 04 WJ Overland, 4.7L HO, 3 OME Lift, 1 Spacers, 32 Duratracs, JK Wheels, Bilstein Shocks, Superwinch, Fawkes Minimax / Detours Recovery, Rola Roof Rack, Safari Doors.

Thanks. Just responded on the other thread too..

Honestly, I dont have a set goal in mind. I'm building up my utility trailer as I mentioned to be able to take on either family or longer trips where I can set up a base camp. Its not something I'm going to use a ton (in my mind, my wife has sort of graduated from camping to hoteling...!) but my daughter goes out wheeling with me and on my weekend trips. After the wheels and axle, (I'll have the clearance) I was thinking on some sort of rack that I could extend the awning on. A 270 would be awesome but where I dont know what I'm actually doing I was trying to keep the cost as low as possible.

At a minimum, I would want something that I can have as shade/shelter right off the trailer that I can either put my sliding kitchen under or pull my truck up to and open the hatch and just slide the shelf's out to cook and have a spot to sit. The appeal of RC's awning was the price. Otherwise, I'll have to put more thought into what I would actually want and use over my ez-up 10x10 that I can just throw in the trailer.