Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeep dealer

Default Jeep dealer

Hey guys my brother-in-law is going to be in the market for another Jeep he got in an accident with his and he's waiting to see if it's totaled anyone know of any good Jeep dealers out there?
    2015 Rubicon (mostly stock)

Not sure on sales, but I always go to Bournavil in Portsmouth for Service. I would definitely buy from them if I was in the market.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Lightbulb

Sorry to read that. Hope he is okay.

Nope. The one I would have considered, if I had the money to loose by purchasing a brand new automobile, was bought out by another company, so I don't know now :/

My advise is to save thousands of dollars by letting someone else take the initial depreciation, is to buy one at least two to three years old. Maybe up to five or six, with low miles.

Wish him the best of luck!
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a tall lift, big mud tires, winch, and a light bar simply do not.
    Why buy a Wrangler if you don't take the top and doors off?
    ~Shawn(the correct spelling ;)

Thanks guys and he's all right just a little sore ,He's definitely not going new He's looking for say a 15-16 or 17

Nothing wrong with buying new. Do your homework, buy at the right time, buy a vehicle with a history of reliability, and keep it for 10 years or longer. Too bad Jeep doesn’t fall under reliable.
    Last edited by Posimoto; 12-15-2020 at 10:12 AM.

Personally I go with certified pre-owned. Usually you get a better warranty and better pricing, plus they change everything over before selling it. So you usually get updated, tires, brakes etc...

Usually a bit more expensive but a 100k warranty is worth it.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

MappingNH Trail Scout

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 64wildcat View Post
    Thanks guys and he's all right just a little sore ,He's definitely not going new He's looking for say a 15-16 or 17
    Good to read
    If he does not mind higher mileage, check out Pittsford Automotive Center over in Rutland VT. They apparently know and like Jeep JK's, as they change ball joints on every one that they get in to sell ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Posimoto View Post
    Nothing wrong with buying new. Do your homework, buy at the right time, buy a vehicle with a history of reliability, and keep it for 10 years or longer. Too bad Jeep doesn’t fall under reliable.
    According to the experts, who I agree with, there is nothing wrong with buying new...if you have disposable income ;)

Wranglers hold their value, so if you buy one 2-3 years old for a good deal(homework, right time, maintenance history), you don't need to keep them for ten years ;)

Jeeps are still pretty reliable, if maintained. I am DD'ing a great running 3.8L now with 227k on the clock. And I have owned/drove a strong running 2.5L to 341k before selling. Plus many other 4.0L's with well over 200+k miles. All with their original power/drive train. It comes down to preventative measures, quality parts & fluids, and basic care--if there is any such thing nowadays(kind of like "common" sense, that is no longer "common" ;) YMMV
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a tall lift, big mud tires, winch, and a light bar simply do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    According to the experts, who I agree with, there is nothing wrong with buying new...if you have disposable income ;)
    When the so called experts and finance "gurus" say you should always buy lightly used their giving a blanket statement, (one shoe fits all). The lowest total cost of ownership over a 10 year period is buying new, simple, non-luxury, reliable brand. I bought new 11.5 years ago and changed the oil, filters, and tires is all. The factory recommendation for spark plug change is 120k.

The bad heads on the 3.6 JK's have nothing to do with maintenance, I've changed enough of them. For every Jeep owner who say their Jeeps never gives them problems there will be 8 other Jeep owners that do, and many can't be blamed on lack of maintenance. We own Jeeps because we enjoy them and the lifestyle they bring not because their reliable.

MappingNH Trail Scout

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Posimoto View Post
    ...The bad heads on the 3.6 JK's have nothing to do with maintenance, I've changed enough of them. For every Jeep owner who say their Jeeps never gives them problems there will be 8 other Jeep owners that do, and many can't be blamed on lack of maintenance. We own Jeeps because we enjoy them and the lifestyle they bring not because their reliable.
    I "hear" ya. And true that all vehicles have their issues. That one was warrantied. Chrysler should have never changed the head design on those well proven Pentastars, but they did :(
    I have seen the 3.8L minivan engines die with ~118k. Then I have seen some go 300-400k+ :O

I use to work at Bournival Jeep and they are a great group. The owner is awesome and if you need a good salesman to talk to Steve or Jeremy are great! Tell them Pete sent ya.
    2016 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Sport S, skids, winch on steel front bumper, stock Willy's wheels and stock mud 32"s. Slow work in progress.

Hillsboro Jeep got to within 0.5% of TrueCar pricing over email, at I think it was all email, and they also gave ENH space to park 20-30 rigs for a newbie run a few years back AND use their bathrooms. That where I bought ours!
    --
    Agnes - 1995 Jeep Wrangler (YJ) - 4 cylinder 35" MTRs, SM465, RockTrac, 3.5" Black Diamond Suspension SUA, Ford 8.8, HPD30 w/vacuum disconnect w/4.88s, ARB lockers front and rear, front shackle reversal, rear revolvers, lotsa skids, Bullet Proof steer modified, flat belly, engine relocation, Mastercraft seats with PRP 5 point harness
    Ruby - 2016 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock Rubicon - bone stock except for Rock Hard skids, diff armor

Thanks for all the input guys ,He's basically waiting for the insurance company to total it and he knows it is because he does body work but they are just dragging their feet.

MappingNH Trail Scout

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by 64wildcat View Post
    Thanks for all the input guys ,He's basically waiting for the insurance company to total it and he knows it is because he does body work but they are just dragging their feet.
    Insurance companies do suck like that, which is why they are some of the richest companies in the country :(

I've been in the market as well. Thinking of selling my TJ to buy a 2013-2017 JK...something my family can actually fit it! I've been looking at dealers of course, but my trust factor there is very low. Private sales are always an option, but I keep seeing ads for Carvana. Played on their website and they have a 7 day no questions asked return. Anyone have any experience with them? Online reviews seem mostly positive....

I now use Key CDR in Portsmouth and talk to Mike Fletcher when needing Dealer related work.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)