Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tech Talk Power Train - Transmission/Axles/Transfer Case/Driveshafts and more

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Ivoryring View Post
    I haven't looked lately. Last time I looked was fall 2019, my memory was that it was around $2,000-$2,500 for 'as is off ebay'. My memory could easily be wrong on the price.
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a tall lift, big mud tires, winch, and a light bar simply do not.
    Why buy a Wrangler if you don't take the top and doors off?
    ~Shawn(the correct spelling ;)

My NOS TJ, not JK, rocktrac was $1,250.

But if you're building an Atlas, be sure to get the 4 speed. The wicked low crawl ratio is just so much fun! (But, last time I checked, at that was years ago, the 4 speed could only be used by manual JK, not an auto. And yes, Shawn, we know, we know...)
    --
    Agnes - 1995 Jeep Wrangler (YJ) - 4 cylinder 35" MTRs, SM465, RockTrac, 3.5" Black Diamond Suspension SUA, Ford 8.8, HPD30 w/vacuum disconnect w/4.88s, ARB lockers front and rear, front shackle reversal, rear revolvers, lotsa skids, Bullet Proof steer modified, flat belly, engine relocation, Mastercraft seats with PRP 5 point harness
    Ruby - 2016 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock Rubicon - bone stock except for Rock Hard skids, diff armor

MappingNH Trail Scout

Question

Quote Originally Posted by NotThePainter View Post
    My NOS TJ, not JK, rocktrac was $1,250.

But if you're building an Atlas, be sure to get the 4 speed. The wicked low crawl ratio is just so much fun! (But, last time I checked, at that was years ago, the 4 speed could only be used by manual JK, not an auto. And yes, Shawn, we know, we know...)
    We know what?
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a tall lift, big mud tires, winch, and a light bar simply do not.

Thanks guys, I'll definitely have to look into Atlas as well. Can always hope a junk yard comes up with one and doesn't know any better, LOL doubt it but one can hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Still hopeful...hoping to get the "cheap one" before Pete finds it ;P
    Guess the search is on Shawn and if I find one and don't have the cash, I'll be sure to let you know!
    2016 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Sport S, skids, winch on steel front bumper, stock Willy's wheels and stock mud 32"s. Slow work in progress.

MappingNH Trail Scout

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by vballman View Post
    Thanks guys, I'll definitely have to look into Atlas as well. Can always hope a junk yard comes up with one and doesn't know any better, LOL doubt it but one can hope. Guess the search is on Shawn and if I find one and don't have the cash, I'll be sure to let you know!
    Haha, thanks :) I wish you good luck and hope you get lucky. Not really looking myself, but I will keep my eyes and ear open.