Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: 2003 TJ (Sahara)

Default 2003 TJ (Sahara)

Iím still not 100%, but Iím thinking of selling my 2003 TJ. Offering here first to see if there is any interest.

Why donít I want to sell it? Itís a fun vehicle to drive. Absolutely love it. Plus the whole thought of trying to sell a car in a pandemic to someone I donít know seems a little daunting.

Why do I want to sell it? Iím 6í0, my wife is 6í0, and my daughter is well on her way. And to go anywhere longer than 30 mins is uncomfortable for whoever is in the back seat (not me so maybe I shouldnít care). Not to mention we canít use it to camp etc. Even packing for the beach is a chore.

If I sold it Iíd be looking to buy a used 4-door JK.

The details
    2003 TJ Sahara/4.0/6 cyl/manual transmission
    Mileage: 175K

Asking price: Reasonably firm $12K. Serious enquires only plz

I bought it in 2019 and have not driven it in the winter. Stored inside. Iíve had it off road. All green/light blue trails.
    Current condition: Frame is A+, no visible rust in tub, paint/interior also very good considering its age. Just passed inspection. Softtop in excellent condition.
    From the Carfax, it was bought in NH in 2003. It lived in HI for three years, CO for 1, FL for 4, then NH for rest. Sounds like a fun life.

What was done to vehicle before I bought it:
    - Looks like a 2 in lift installed. I had posted some pictures of it in the forum and someone suggested that it looked like a 2Ē rough country suspension lift
    - Grill protector
    - Interior of jeep tub has been coated with what looks like bedliner. Itís pretty solid looking!
    What Iíve done to it:
    - All regularly scheduled maintenance
    - Replaced rear main seal
    - New front track bar/control arm bushings
    - New rear diff cover
    - Front brakes
    - Front and rear u-joints
    - Rough country adjustable control arm
    - Five new BF Goodrich KO2 AT 32/11.5/15s (added after pics taken)
    - New muffler/tailpipe
    - All work above done at Bandit Offroad in Manchester
    - Smittybilt XRC 9500 winch/steel cable
    - CB/antenna
    - Fixed some surface rust under driver door

It does have a leak in the rear pinion seal. Was going to deal with that in the spring.
    Couple of pictures included. Happy to send more if someone is interested.

Attached Images Attached Images