Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: 89 Cherokee XJ

Default 89 Cherokee XJ

Hey guys, Greg from Long Island. Long time since I got up your way but 2020 has not been good. I'm moving and have to downsize and will not be in wheeling territory and will not have the space/facilities required to maintain so I'm selling my Jeep and everything I have that goes with it. Below is description but there's even more so if interested please call me at 631.219.4686 and we can discuss price. Great Jeep that really wheels well.

Package deal and will not break up. Jeep, Trailer and 4.6 stroker short block.

Jeep 89 XJ (2 Door 5 spd stick)
    Here's a link to original build thread: https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f46/pr...y-mind-196663/
    Many mods completed after
    4 1/2 OME lift
    Bilstein shocks
    Over the knuckle steering with WJ brakes
    Converted from stock 3.08 gears to 3.55 gears final ratio with oversized tires near stock
    Lockrite locker in front
    Lockrite NoSlip in rear
    T/Case SYE with new chain and Teraflex 2 lo
    BFG 32x11.5 AT KO2 for street/beach < 10,000 miles
    BFG 33x10.5 MT KO3 for trail < 1,000 miles
    Dual swing out tire carrier
    Custom bumpers
    Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500 mounts both front and rear and can be operated from inside cab
    New Odyssey Deep Cycle battery front
    NorthStar Deep Cycle battery rear w/ massive 2000W AIMS inverter for 110v appliances
    All but headlights converted to LED
    Many other spare parts such as doors and glass (2 door Jeep so good to have)

Heavy Hauler trailer
    New Dexter axles
    New Brakes
    New Springs and suspension components
    New LED lights
    Gross combined weight 7,000 lbs more than enough for the Jeep

Short Block
    1996 NVH block
    .030 Sealed Power Pistons and rings
    1990 4.2 Crank and Rods crank ground .030
    Mopar Purple camshaft and lifters
    New Melling oil pump
    All work professionally done by machine shop
    Have good magnafluxed head with all other required parts
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by xjtinker; 09-08-2020 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Added pic of trailer
    Call sign KD2NDW

Jeepin is offline Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Project Lead
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Hey Greg, sorry to hear this! Life hasn't been good to a lot of people this year.

This is a definitely a great jeep and trailer combo, someone just needs to bring a truck and haul her home...

Hope to see you guys some time in the future. Good luck with the sale.
    /_/[]||||||[]\_\
    Crawler: 90' YJ, 4.0L, 35x13.5 BFG Krawlers, MT Wheels, Coyote Double Beadlocks, SOA Lift, Shackle Reversal, HP D30, Ford 8.8, Aussie Locked F&R, Rocky Road OTT Steering, SYE, Bilstein Shocks, XRC8 Winch, Full Cage, Armor and Dents.
    (Oo\||||||/oO)
    Daily Driver / Overlander: 04 WJ Overland, 4.7L HO, 3 OME Lift, 1 Spacers, 32 Duratracs, JK Wheels, Bilstein Shocks, Superwinch, Fawkes Minimax / Detours Recovery, Rola Roof Rack, Safari Doors.

Thnx Anthony. Club discount is available.
    Also I noticed typo. The pistons are .030 over but crank is ground .010 under. Got a little slap happy there.
    Call sign KD2NDW