Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: Midland MXT105 MicroMobile install for a 2007 Jeep Rubicon

Threaded View

Default Midland MXT105 MicroMobile install for a 2007 Jeep Rubicon

Fun project I was finally able to finish with the goal of giving myself comm flexibility for my off-road trips. I had 2 requirements for this installation: 1. Have a stock OEM look and 2. Utilize my existing Tuffy Flip N Lock Stereo cover and tray. I had someone steal a CB radio out of my Jeep, so Iím a little paranoid of about leaving any of my equipment unsecured.

I plan on getting a stand-alone Navigation system, so I took out the double DIN radio and replaced it with a single DIN radio receiver. The receiver is a Kenwood KMM-BT522HD and it comes with XM and Bluetooth for my phone. Surprisingly it was cheaper to buy this then a blue-tooth module for the OEM radio. The extra space below the single DIN is where I planned for the MicroMobile MXT105 and found a bracket that fit my need perfectly. It is a Metra 99-6511 bracket.

I had to do a little modification to the Metra bracket in order to feed the antenna cable and power connector to the MicroMobile.

As can be seen from the photos, I had to get equipment to connect the aftermarket radio to the Jeep and route cables for power and the antenna. I also found a mic holder bracket from CoolTech called versamount that installs using the screws for the radio mount.

Completed unit with the Tuffy cover installed. Able to lock up the radios if I have the doors off or dissuade anyone from busting my window again.

I do want to give credit to Tundra for giving me the idea from the CB install he did a couple of years ago. Let me know what you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited Stock.

Michael T

Ham call sign: KC1KWS