Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: Where to get work done on my Jeep!

Default Where to get work done on my Jeep!

I have a feeling this thread already exists, but honestly am having trouble finding it... maybe Iím a bad looker so if someone could point me that way that would be much appreciated.

but, if it doesnít exist, I need help finding a Jeep guy in NH! I had to get some work done and I have a little warranty coverage so I got it assessed by a dealer. Not only did not of it fall under the coverage but they gave me some super expensive quotes for what I need done! I wasnít super surprised because the reputation some dealerships have for service, but it still was a little shocking. Anyways, I need to replace my tie rod (which Iím hoping to do myself), replace my rear brakes, and maybe new gaskets for my diffs. I talked to a guy at Steveís Jeep country and he was SO helpful so Iím thinking of going there... any other places you guys recommend? I donít want to spend an arm and a leg, but I get that good work isnít cheap either! Thanks

There is Steve's Jeep Country, which you found. There is also Ratchets Offroad. Keith just moved his shop to Auburn NH. Thats where Ive gotten some work done.
    Last edited by Yipjeep; 06-02-2020 at 08:58 PM.

Check if we have any left on the vendor list, but I will say I have worked with Steve's in the past and have been nothing but happy, service and purchase.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Gone now :( -2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2" BB, 4.88's, TT F&R, 33x10.5 km2's, xrc8 winch, uniden pro xl520 cb, 4' wilson
    Gone now too :( -2008 Rubicon, uniden pro xl520 cb, 5' wilson Silver Load, JCR engine skid, JCR evap skid
    Present-2012 JK Sahara-275/70r18 KO2's, Smitty engine skid, Rancho 2" sport spring lift, Warn vr10, Rockhard stock bumper winch plate, same ol' Uniden Pro xl520 CB still, 3' Wilson Silverload on Teraflex spare tire antenna mount

Buy a Gazetteer

Quote Originally Posted by Yipjeep View Post
    There is Steve's Jeep Country, which you found. There is also Ratchets Offroad. Keith just moved his shop to Auburn NH. Thats were Ive gotten some work done.
    Auburn is a little closer, will def have to check that out. Thanks!

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Lightbulb Someone say "Jeep guy"?

Still have a garage, so if you want to make the big drive, I can probably save you even more money ;)
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not.
    Why buy a Wrangler if you don't take the top and doors off?
    ~Shawn(the correct spelling ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Still have a garage, so if you want to make the big drive, I can probably save you even more money ;)
    I've had Shawn do work on my Jeep and I have no problem recommending him to others.
    -- Tundra (yes, really my name, not my truck!) - KC1DQY

As yet unnamed - 2021 Wrangler Rubicon - ordered not even built by FCA yet
    Wheezy Chicken (Gone now, RIP) - 2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer') - https://forums.exploringnh.com/showt...ame-for-it-yet
    Old Swampy - 1952 Willys MD (aka M38A1 aka G758) - in my he-shed undergoing the lengthy process of renovation/reassembly into mostly stock form - will return to the currently available reproduction of the original Olive Drab and US Army markings eventually - https://forums.exploringnh.com/showt...390-Old-Swampy

MappingNH Trail Scout

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ivoryring View Post
    I've had Shawn do work on my Jeep and I have no problem recommending him to others.

Thank you very much Tundra for the solid props.
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Now thatís super intriguing!! Iíll prob be PMing you later today to talk about pricing if youíre really willing to help! Thanks!

MappingNH Trail Scout

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    Now thatís super intriguing!! Iíll prob be PMing you later today to talk about pricing if youíre really willing to help! Thanks!
    Willing to help, as it helps both of us. Keep in mind that there is no factory warranty here, since I am not a stealership. Plus don't want to get involved in major work because my garage is just that, not a full service shop. Nor driving that distance, do you probably want to leave it for the bigger projects anyways, or if there is an unforeseen issue that takes longer than expected to correct. The stuff you listed is very doable, so no problem there. Oh and it would have to be done Friday-Sunday(my usual days off ;)