Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: Hey guys! Looking for a local company that builds rock sliders for 2019 Tacoma.

Default Hey guys! Looking for a local company that builds rock sliders for 2019 Tacoma.

Been in the market recently for a set of sliders for my truck. I posted a thread recently and it gave me a lot of insight on what I should get. The real question is that I have been shopping around RCI, Caliraised, and a few others. The shipping is insane for these. Does anyone know any companies around New England (I don't mind a little drive) that builds in house and I can pick up from there?

I do alot of fabrication, if you're interested send me what you have in mind, we can work something out. I've done all sorts of welding / fab work from sliders, to back racks, shelving, etc. Located in northfield NH
    -Ben

- 1988 k5 Blazer, tons, Locked rear, 40s, hydro, long travel springs

- Tilton NH

How about one of our sponsors? https://white-knuckleoffroad.com/toyota-tacoma/ I have these sliders on my Jeep and I know of a few others that have them on their Frontiers and Jeeps. They make quality products and work with you on specs and dimensions to make the right fit the first time. They also offer an ExploringNH specific discount. Give them a call, you won't be disappointed.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

WhiteKnuckle FTMFW! Its one thing to find a metal fab, and another to find someone that cranks out specific parts with a jig and the whole 9 yards.
    WK has QUALITY rails. If you call them they might be willing to work with you as they are a sponsor. They may also be spinning up a group buy with some forum and direct you to them to jump in that list... OR take ben up on his offer. He's a good egg.
    Finding a new friend that likes to weld as a hobby or on the side is a good thing.
    -TYLER - - Illegitimi non carborundum - -
    '14 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 V6 Auto
    -----3" lift with Nisstec MK84 coilovers & OME leafs, HeftyFab skids & Whiteknuckle sliders, WARN Winch & HeftyFab bumper, 32" Duratracs
    '15 Nissan Xterra Pro4X
    -----3" lift, Heftyfab skids & winch bumper, Whiteknuckle sliders, 32" Duratracs

Quote Originally Posted by bhd6th View Post
    I do alot of fabrication, if you're interested send me what you have in mind, we can work something out. I've done all sorts of welding / fab work from sliders, to back racks, shelving, etc. Located in northfield NH
    Hey man thanks for the offer. I'll keep you in mind for future endeavours, I just wanted a companies rock sliders so they can be warranties and I dont have to do any measurements. I really appreciate the offer!

Quote Originally Posted by FSHJNKY View Post
    How about one of our sponsors? https://white-knuckleoffroad.com/toyota-tacoma/ I have these sliders on my Jeep and I know of a few others that have them on their Frontiers and Jeeps. They make quality products and work with you on specs and dimensions to make the right fit the first time. They also offer an ExploringNH specific discount. Give them a call, you won't be disappointed.
    I will have to give them a call tonight! I looked at them briefly and their prices are comparable to other companies which I like. I want a good set for a good price and don't want to spend a lot on the shipping and risk them getting damaged during shipping. Will look into them more for sure though!

Quote Originally Posted by mtyler11 View Post
    WhiteKnuckle FTMFW! Its one thing to find a metal fab, and another to find someone that cranks out specific parts with a jig and the whole 9 yards.
    WK has QUALITY rails. If you call them they might be willing to work with you as they are a sponsor. They may also be spinning up a group buy with some forum and direct you to them to jump in that list... OR take ben up on his offer. He's a good egg.
    Finding a new friend that likes to weld as a hobby or on the side is a good thing.
    I'm definitely going to look in white knuckle a little more. It's all about quality for me so I dont want a company to cheap out. The only reason I am not taking him up on his offer is because I want a set that will come with a warranty and someone I can contact if if something goes wrong. I dont want to bother him if god forbid something goes wrong, I have always wanted a friend that can weld lol. I took a whole class on it in high school and boy my welds sucked. Takes some real good hands to get good beads going!

Quote Originally Posted by Fourwheeling02 View Post
    I will have to give them a call tonight! I looked at them briefly and their prices are comparable to other companies which I like. I want a good set for a good price and don't want to spend a lot on the shipping and risk them getting damaged during shipping. Will look into them more for sure though!
    I can't speak for all, but the 3 fabs I've used so far use copious packing material and pallets. My wk looked like pillows when they arrived. Bumpers from Heftyfab came on pallets.

Warranty? Sure, till it rolls off the lot.
    -----3" lift with Nisstec MK84 coilovers & OME leafs, HeftyFab skids & Whiteknuckle sliders, WARN Winch & HeftyFab bumper, 32" Duratracs
    '15 Nissan Xterra Pro4X
    -----3" lift, Heftyfab skids & winch bumper, Whiteknuckle sliders, 32" Duratracs

Quote Originally Posted by mtyler11 View Post
    I can't speak for all, but the 3 fabs I've used so far use copious packing material and pallets. My wk looked like pillows when they arrived. Bumpers from Heftyfab came on pallets.

Warranty? Sure, till it rolls off the lot.
    Sorry by warranty, I meant if something in the fabrication went bad, like poor screw holes or ****ty welds I could send them back. Thanks for the information on them. Have to call them tonight see what they are all about.

Ahh... every reputable fab will guarantee good penetration and because they use jigs, the bolt holes are in the right places. I've had no issues and I've had the truck high centered just on the slider outer tubes, wheels spinning in air, needed a tug to get free.
    '15 Nissan Xterra Pro4X