Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: Transmission Shop Exeter Area?

Default Transmission Shop Exeter Area?

My buddy’s 2007 Jeep Wrangler would not move in reverse. The Jeep dealership diagnosed it as the 1st and 2nd clutch gone. Does anyone have a recommendation(s) for a good transmission shop in the Exeter, NH area? Thanks!!

Pretty sure there's an Aamco in Portsmouth, but I don't know anything about them personally.

I've towed lots of vehicles to Trans-Medic in Windham over the years but I don't have any firsthand experience with how good they are.

Seems like trans shops are getting rarer, most regular shops want to r/r the whole unit with a Jasper reman and be done with it.
    '99 TJ, 5.9L Magnum V8 swap, Atlas-4, Waggy 44s, Custom link susp F/R, 37" Pitbulls, etc etc etc, OMG what happened to all of my money?
    She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

'06 Dodge 2500,
    5.7, LT315/70/17 Nittos

'97 ZJ, 2" spacer lift on 30's, 'The Beater' - SOLD

KC1KAX

Thanks Jesse!

Quote Originally Posted by FreakinJeep View Post
    Pretty sure there's an Aamco in Portsmouth, but I don't know anything about them personally.

I've towed lots of vehicles to Trans-Medic in Windham over the years but I don't have any firsthand experience with how good they are.

Seems like trans shops are getting rarer, most regular shops want to r/r the whole unit with a Jasper reman and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BarkKnight View Post
    My buddy’s 2007 Jeep Wrangler would not move in reverse. The Jeep dealership diagnosed it as the 1st and 2nd clutch gone. Does anyone have a recommendation(s) for a good transmission shop in the Exeter, NH area? Thanks!!
    not in Exeter, but I've heard good things about Trans-Medic and I can personally vouch for Tisdale Transmissions in Derry
    -TYLER - - Illegitimi non carborundum - -
    '14 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 V6 Auto
    -----3" lift with Nisstec MK84 coilovers & OME leafs, HeftyFab skids & Whiteknuckle sliders, WARN Winch & HeftyFab bumper, 32" Duratracs
    '15 Nissan Xterra Pro4X
    -----Heftyfab skids & Whiteknuckle sliders, 32" Duratracs

Newmarket Transmission on Packers Falls road in Lee, not Newmarket Transmission in Newmarket , they did mine 9 years ago replaced all the syncros
    checked all the bearings,cost was $650.00 would have been cheaper if they didn't have to remove and reinstall. Small Mom and Pop shop but always busy, I had to book an appointment just to drop the heap off.
    MIKE
    Member: Tread Lightly
    Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by mtyler11 View Post
    I can personally vouch for Tisdale Transmissions in Derry
    This right here. They have helped me a few times with clutch issues and rebuilding a transmission