Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: wrangler trouble code p2172

Default wrangler trouble code p2172

Has anyone had this by chance?
    It says "Throttle Actuator Control System - Sudden High Air Flow Detected."
    The Jeep pretty much just died while I was driving it and I had to limp it over to get it out of the road couldn't find anything obviously loose or disconnected under the hood so not sure what's up
    2015 Rubicon

Try turning the key to the on position, but not on. Step on the gas slowly all the way to the floor three times. That should clear any codes. Then do the Turn key to the on position thing 3 times and on the last time leave it where it is and any codes will pop up on the dash.

I noticed you are selling a throttle controller. Did you happen to research their website and see if they have any feedback for that? Did you clear everything out when you removed that from your system?
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

I used the traildash and those were the codes, i had it towed it was not drive-able , so i'll find out tomorrow hopefully.
    The Hikeit was plug and play if I remember correctly, you have to put it in auto or manual transmission mode.
    2015 Rubicon

Quote Originally Posted by 64wildcat View Post
    I used the traildash and those were the codes, i had it towed it was not drive-able , so i'll find out tomorrow hopefully.
    The Hikeit was plug and play if I remember correctly, you have to put it in auto or manual transmission mode.
    Denis, Dave from TW ;) Billy's friend....
    P2172 is a high air vaccum leak, go over the bay an look for anything that's popped loose. You can you a propane torch UN LIT to aid in locating the leak, carb cleaner works well too.
    2017 TRD TACOMA- OME HD 2"- Dakar HD- 285 BFG AT, Skids, Sliders, ARB Summit, RTT, LEDZ, Boondocker.

Thanks Dave, it's in the shop, i had to have it towed
    2015 Rubicon