Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: JK Center Console Question

Default JK Center Console Question

Center Console woes. When you open the console with the top section closed, EVERYTHING falls to the back and slips into the lid hinge area. The most annoying thing about my Jeep. Any solutions to this problem? or have people just swapped out center consoles?

Haahahahahah, I thought it was just me having bad luck when opening.
    This is exactly what happens in my '12, but it did not happen in my '08.
    Now I have to open it up and figure out how to stop it.
    It's particularly enjoyable when you have a small allen wrench in that area that falls down into the hinge spot. Getting that out while on the road (no magnet or needle nose pliers on hand) was a nightmare.
    Gone now :( -2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2" BB, 4.88's, TT F&R, 33x10.5 km2's, xrc8 winch, uniden pro xl520 cb, 4' wilson
    Gone now too :( -2008 Rubicon, uniden pro xl520 cb, 5' wilson Silver Load, JCR engine skid, JCR evap skid
    Present-2012 JK Sahara-KO2's plus neat stock stuff

Buy a Gazetteer

My center console is stuffed full of radio, so I don't open it and I always forget about anything I've got in the upper section. If that doesn't work for you, then you might consider a bit of low density foam, so the items in the upper section are secured from moving.
    -- Tundra (yes, really my name, not my truck!) - KC1DQY

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport 'Wheezy Chicken' - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer')
    1952 M38A1 'Old Swampy' - pending reassembly into mostly stock form