Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: AEV 2.5 Dual Sport XT Lift

Default AEV 2.5 Dual Sport XT Lift

Does anyone have this lift and can review it based on experience?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've had it on my Jeep for a number of years now - I got more in the vicinity of 3.25" rather than 2.5" when installing it on my 4Dr. What would you like to know about it?
    -- Tundra (yes, really my name, not my truck!) - KC1DQY

Wheezy Chicken - 2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer')
    Old Swampy - 1952 Willys MD (aka M38A1 aka G758) - in my he-shed undergoing the lengthy process of renovation/reassembly into mostly stock form - will return to the currently available reproduction of the original Olive Drab and US Army markings eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Ivoryring View Post
    I've had it on my Jeep for a number of years now - I got more in the vicinity of 3.25" rather than 2.5" when installing it on my 4Dr. What would you like to know about it?
    Ride quality, handling on the highway, you would change about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My perception has been that there was no decrease in the ride quality or highway handling over stock - possibly a slight increase in handling, but not huge. The large improvement was primarily in making less contact with every little rock offroad.

I did not get the geometry correction brackets, as they were listed by AEV as 'required for 3.5/4.5, but only recommended for 2.5'. The bracket on the frame where the lower control arms bolt up is the location for the correction brackets, and on my Jeep the stock bracket is pretty heavily dented up - both before the lift and more since putting the lift on, and I felt that putting the bracket in to lower that bolt hole back to stock location after the lift was just going to be asking for damage there. My plan was that if it turned out to be a problem I'd get the brackets and put them in later, but I haven't felt a need to do that.
    -- Tundra (yes, really my name, not my truck!) - KC1DQY

Wheezy Chicken - 2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer')
    Old Swampy - 1952 Willys MD (aka M38A1 aka G758) - in my he-shed undergoing the lengthy process of renovation/reassembly into mostly stock form - will return to the currently available reproduction of the original Olive Drab and US Army markings eventually

My concern with the geo brackets, at least on a 2 door, is the increase to the pinion angle at the front pinion. No experience with it, just a concern.
    My actual opinion is the 2" Rancho Sport with springs is a massive deal at half the cost. Yes, they limit front downtravel with their shock length to prevent stock driveshaft from hitting the exhaust, but if you need you can get shock extenders or just order longer shocks and get an aftermarket driveshaft.
    In my 2 door, the sport lift improved the ride of my 12 Sahara over stock ride. It also got rid of the minor rake at the front, and stands up to the weight of an engine skid and a winch with stock bumper winch plate. The rake slightly returned switching from hard to soft top, but it's still not as bad as prior to the lift.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Gone now :( -2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2" BB, 4.88's, TT F&R, 33x10.5 km2's, xrc8 winch, uniden pro xl520 cb, 4' wilson
    Gone now too :( -2008 Rubicon, uniden pro xl520 cb, 5' wilson Silver Load, JCR engine skid, JCR evap skid
    Present-2012 JK Sahara-275/70r18 KO2's, Smitty engine skid, Rancho 2" sport spring lift, Warn vr10, Rockhard stock bumper winch plate, same ol' Uniden Pro xl520 CB still, 3' Wilson Silverload on Teraflex spare tire antenna mount

Buy a Gazetteer

i have the ranchco 2in sport kit on my 09 jk 2 dr with geo correction brackets on 33s. swapped the rancho kit in after trying the jku rubicon swap, which was a miseably stiff ride.
    no complaints and for the price you can't beat it imo.
    Budget Built Rubiclone