Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Sunday July 14th - The "It's these cans!" run

Quote Originally Posted by ecgreen View Post
    Wasps r bad, I'll give you that. But I almost had to spend the night alone with Kevin once!!
    Lol!!! Like I felt any better being alone with you!!! But it did turn out to be an awesome run!

Quote Originally Posted by Kc88 View Post
    Lol!!! Like I felt any better being alone with you!!! But it did turn out to be an awesome run!
    One of my favorites actually!
    "I hope you get hit by a goose, right in the sway bar!" -anon

2015 Tacoma Access 4-banger (aka 'Scratchy') -> 255/85r16 ST Maxx, FJC wheels, 3" OME 887s/full dakar pack, CBI sliders and full skids, Pelfreybilt Hybrid bumper, ****tybilt 9.5 XRC winch, sway bar go by bye, ARB on-board air, many many zip-tie
    1989 Ford Bronco II (aka 'Babe the Blue Pig') -> 31x10.5r15 Cheap ATs, 1.5" lift (RC coils/shocks and WULF shackles), 2.9l hamster-power

I don't want to be that guy that waits until the last possible minute to bail when I know it's inevitable. Regrettably, I have to give my spot to a wait-lister.

It started with checking the rear brakes... now the Jeep is waiting for new rear wheel bearings and seals. The rest of the parts should be here Friday, but I'm not sure I'll be done, and rushing before wheeling isn't good.
    Mary Anne: 1988 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36 DGEV, AX15/231, 4.11 HP-D30 & non c-clip D35 w/Truetrac, 33" KO2's, BDS 2" lift, a bunch of skid plates, Warn 9.5ti

Boomer: 1997 Ram 2500 4X4, Cummins 12V, 47RE, work in progress...

The Ancient and Honorable Society of the Leaf Spring
    Tread Lightly!
    KC1EIJ WQZJ411

Tundra, maybe go stock for a repeat?

I remember that flat rock - it will be interesting to see if I turtle on it again! I am planning to go doorless, the forecast for Sunday is looking good so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueberryHill View Post
    I don't want to be that guy that waits until the last possible minute to bail when I know it's inevitable. Regrettably, I have to give my spot to a wait-lister.

It started with checking the rear brakes... now the Jeep is waiting for new rear wheel bearings and seals. The rest of the parts should be here Friday, but I'm not sure I'll be done, and rushing before wheeling isn't good.
    If work the day before a run is a bad idea... are you saying I shouldn't do my axle u-joint on Saturday in the driveway on my own for the first time (and after my secret project from last night is completed)? Hmmm...
    -- Tundra (yes, really my name, not my truck!) - KC1DQY

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport 'Wheezy Chicken' - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer')
    1952 M38A1 'Old Swampy' - pending reassembly into mostly stock form

Quote Originally Posted by Ivoryring View Post
    I remember that flat rock - it will be interesting to see if I turtle on it again! I am planning to go doorless, the forecast for Sunday is looking good so far.

If work the day before a run is a bad idea... are you saying I shouldn't do my axle u-joint on Saturday in the driveway on my own for the first time (and after my secret project from last night is completed)? Hmmm...
    Do you remember which way you went on that road?

Also -> LOTS of deer flies out there, if that has any bearing on your door decision.

2015 Tacoma Access 4-banger (aka 'Scratchy') -> 255/85r16 ST Maxx, FJC wheels, 3" OME 887s/full dakar pack, CBI sliders and full skids, Pelfreybilt Hybrid bumper, ****tybilt 9.5 XRC winch, sway bar go by bye, ARB on-board air, many many zip-tie
    1989 Ford Bronco II (aka 'Babe the Blue Pig') -> 31x10.5r15 Cheap ATs, 1.5" lift (RC coils/shocks and WULF shackles), 2.9l hamster-power

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Please addddddd me to the waiting list. Wheeling by the seat of your torn pants is always funnnnn
    You're in! let me know if you are still able to make it.

Your mileage may vary... 8^)
    Mary Anne: 1988 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36 DGEV, AX15/231, 4.11 HP-D30 & non c-clip D35 w/Truetrac, 33" KO2's, BDS 2" lift, a bunch of skid plates, Warn 9.5ti

Boomer: 1997 Ram 2500 4X4, Cummins 12V, 47RE, work in progress...

The Ancient and Honorable Society of the Leaf Spring
    Tread Lightly!
    KC1EIJ WQZJ411

Default Let me know if you can't make it

Just a note guys -> as Glenn so kindly did, please let me know ASAP if you can't make it. Along with the waitlist, I have other people on TW that would like to go on this run. So if you can't make it, please let me know as soon as possible.

Do you remember which way you went on that road?

Also -> LOTS of deer flies out there, if that has any bearing on your door decision.
    Not looking at my track database, just going from memory, it was west to east.
    Wouldn't be the first time I spent the day dodging deer flies. Usually it's really more of a problem when stopped than when going.

If you are planning on Angry Trout Guy at any point, you might scare Kevin off, so don't tell him until it's too late.
    -- Tundra (yes, really my name, not my truck!) - KC1DQY

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport 'Wheezy Chicken' - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer')
    1952 M38A1 'Old Swampy' - pending reassembly into mostly stock form

Not looking at my track database, just going from memory, it was west to east.
    Wouldn't be the first time I spent the day dodging deer flies. Usually it's really more of a problem when stopped than when going.

If you are planning on Angry Trout Guy at any point, you might scare Kevin off, so don't tell him until it's too late.
    West to east makes sense looking at the topo map. Might squeeze this road in if people aren't too tired. Also found a mod class VI road that is way overgrown with no barriers or signage saying its shutdown. Should prove to be ridiculous.

I have had enough ATG for the summer. The trout wins for the year.

Democratik Peoples Republik of Massachusetts

All packed up and ready to go. Going to bring my daughter as she loves wheeling/ the outdoors.

Question for all the true overlanders: how many Overlund points do I lose by securing my maxitrax to my roof rack via ratchet straps? Also does anyone know how easy it is to edit the ratchet straps out prior to posting my walk-around and trip report to my VLOG? I'd like to edit in some name brand mounts so I can add more pound sign shoutouts to my insta post.
    07 FJ Cruiser -Built for expeditions to daycare and the mall
    11 T4R - Soccer Mom White
    92 toyota pickup - #1 choice of transportation for militants worldwide

Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    All packed up and ready to go. Going to bring my daughter as she loves wheeling/ the outdoors.

Question for all the true overlanders: how many Overlund points do I lose by securing my maxitrax to my roof rack via ratchet straps? Also does anyone know how easy it is to edit the ratchet straps out prior to posting my walk-around and trip report to my VLOG? I'd like to edit in some name brand mounts so I can add more pound sign shoutouts to my insta post.
    I don't know what most of those words are but I love this.
    '99 TJ, 5.9L Magnum V8, Atlas-4, Waggy 44s, Custom link susp F/R, 37" Pitbulls, etc etc etc, OMG what happened to all of my money?
    She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

New Hotness: '06 Dodge 2500,
    5.7 Hemi, sitting on LT315/70r/17 Nittos, way too nice for me

'97 ZJ, 2" spacer lift on 30's, 'The Beater' - SOLD

KC1KAX

This is why we need a 'like' button

I have had enough ATG for the summer. The trout wins for the year.
    thank you for not planning on ATG. As much as I want to do it, the truck Doesn't...
    ... Also does anyone know how easy it is to edit the ratchet straps out prior to posting my walk-around and trip report to my VLOG? I'd like to edit in some name brand mounts so I can add more pound sign shoutouts to my insta post.
    If the rack is flat on the roof, when you pose for teh 'Gram just let them sit up there and TELL them they're held down with custom Leightner (or whatever) mounts... if the rack is semi-verticle, zip ties...

But remember... friends don't let friends pose for teh 'Gram....
    -TYLER - - Illegitimi non carborundum - -
    '14 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 V6 Auto
    -----3" lift with Nisstec MK84 coilovers & OME leafs, HeftyFab skids & Whiteknuckle sliders, WARN Winch & HeftyFab bumper, 32" Duratracs
    '15 Nissan Xterra Pro4X
    -----Heftyfab skids & Whiteknuckle sliders, 32" Duratracs

ugh, I'm too booked to make this trip. I've been gone all this week, will be gone all next week, and have lawn/yard/garden chores I need to attend to.

I will be staying in Nelson / Keene for the next two weeks and want to hit some trails in the afternoons. Maybe some of you folks can come or make suggestions?