Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: Looking for a place to shoot this coming weekend

Default Looking for a place to shoot this coming weekend

I am having a group from my CT club up for some wheeling next weekend, June 21-23. In addition to wheeling several are shooting enthusiasts which include 2 NRA certified instructors and 1 certified range safety officer. We'd like to do some shooting for a few hours one afternoon.

I am in the Newport area. Does anyone know of a place where we can legally and safely have some target time, or do you or someone you know have some property that we can shoot on? My property is not suited for it.

Thanks for any help.
    Mike E
    Back In Only Please

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Red face

I keep forgetting to ask my landlord or it's not a good time to ask at that moment, but this reminds I need to do so. He doesn't mind me shooting, but just wanted to clear it through him, before I invite friends over to shoot as well.

Can offer a place to BBQ if members would like to further the days activities. We can even do campfire if people want to hang around after dark. Then of course once the light is gone and thus the shooting is done, we can enjoy some adult beverages if one wants. Could also ask if the owner would mind some camping on the premises for those that do not want to drive back ;)
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not.
    ~Shawn(the correct spelling ;)

was hoping to be closer to me to just tack on at the end of a day of wheeling but you should check that out and see about doing an ENH event.
    Back In Only Please

MappingNH Trail Scout

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by m_easty View Post
    was hoping to be closer to me to just tack on at the end of a day of wheeling but you should check that out and see about doing an ENH event.
    You're less than an hour from me and that was the plan: https://forums.exploringnh.com/showt...-Range-Meet-Up
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not.

Shawn, I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass but our main event is a couple of days of wheeling. I was hoping to find a place to do some shooting within 15 minutes of the house as a nice side event.

If you want to talk to your landlord and set something up I'm sure you'd get a lot of participation from ENH and me too depending on the timing.
    Back In Only Please

MappingNH Trail Scout

Quote Originally Posted by m_easty View Post
    Shawn, I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass but our main event is a couple of days of wheeling. I was hoping to find a place to do some shooting within 15 minutes of the house as a nice side event...
    Gotcha. And you are not being a pain in the butt. So sorry if I was one to you.