Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: June 15th Run

Default June 15th Run

We had a great run yesterday and I grabbed a few pictures and videos to share.

Starting out, we had to pay attention to find the trail! (Waay on the right here)

Once on the trail, things looked closer to as expected with medium sized rocks and classic east coast forest canopy

Had to clear up a few downed trees along the way. (Where I picked up 2 ticks and my son picked up one. Later on, my wife picked up two more... crazy tick year for us)

We got to the famous ravine. The pictures and video don't really show the angle and tightness in there, but the Cruiser was a tight fit.

1996 Landcruiser, 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo Grunter, Dawes Boost Controller - 23psi, front/rear ARB lockers, ARB rear bumper, Slinky/Icon 3", Wholesale automatics A442f Extreme, 35" Duratracs, home built aluminum belly skid/Sliders, Costa Fabrications Front Bumper, Rigid D2 Low/Hi beam
    1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - 2" Alcan springs, 10" travel Gabriel shocks, 30" Yokohama AT/S
    2006 Evo 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb
    2000 Civic - B18C swap (Acura Integra GSR engine, transmission, ECU, Axles, shift linkage)

We had some fun rocky hill climbs after that

Then the final climb to the top

1996 Landcruiser, 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo Grunter, Dawes Boost Controller - 23psi, front/rear ARB lockers, ARB rear bumper, Slinky/Icon 3", Wholesale automatics A442f Extreme, 35" Duratracs, home built aluminum belly skid/Sliders, Costa Fabrications Front Bumper, Rigid D2 Low/Hi beam
    1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - 2" Alcan springs, 10" travel Gabriel shocks, 30" Yokohama AT/S
    2000 Civic - B18C swap (Acura Integra GSR engine, transmission, ECU, Axles, shift linkage)

What a great day for wheeling. I only got a couple pictures in the ravine and that was it.

I definitely need to go back up there at some point and run that ravine uphill. And the top of the mountain is one of the cooler places I've wheeled to. Definitely going back that way sometime.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    '99 TJ, 5.9L Magnum V8, Atlas-4, Waggy 44s, Custom link susp F/R, 37" Pitbulls, etc etc etc, OMG what happened to all of my money?
    She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

New Hotness: '06 Dodge 2500,
    5.7 Hemi, sitting on LT315/70r/17 Nittos, way too nice for me

'97 ZJ, 2" spacer lift on 30's, 'The Beater' - SOLD

KC1KAX

looks like a great time
    Scott / teamjeepcrawl / Xoverland

1997 Jeep wrangler TJ ,4 inch rough county x- series lift. sitting on 33 inch BFG KM 2s ,tom woods drive shafts with SYE ,chrome molly axles ,smittybilt bumpers,rock-rails ,winch,skid plates ,ARB snorkel,CB radio , full roll cage built by Stinkys off road , along with a few outer moderate up grades and add ons. with a bunch of gear and tools just in case ..M101 Trailer with a roof top tent for those overland adventures.

Member of : Tread Lightly

Please Leave no trace and try to carry out more then you carry in

Wow. Looks like that LC was inches from the walls of the ravine. And I like the audio on the rock climb video “this is a steep one”. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston90 View Post
    Wow. Looks like that LC was inches from the walls of the ravine. And I like the audio on the rock climb video “this is a steep one”. Awesome.

It was one of those trails were a couple of extra inches in width really seemed to make a difference! I'm glad you thought my son's commentary was entertaining. I got a kick out of it, but I'm biased.

That was a tight fit. Nice looking LC!

Quote Originally Posted by NealJK View Post
    That was a tight fit. Nice looking LC!
    Thanks!

Had a great time Saturday I love running those roads and I actually didn't hit any of the trees this time ,can't wait to run them again ,and the Ravine is fun running it uphill ,thanks for leading Jesse!
    2015 Rubicon