Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anniversary Run 2019

Quote Originally Posted by RICHA311 View Post
    Well I broke in the samurai on this event lol.
    Driver door small dent and some rock rash. Rear pass quarter some sheetmetal damage and fender flare. Overall I thought it did pretty good for a small rig running open open.
    Some of the hardest and most fun I've had on class 6 roads.
    Feathered out the drivers door and quarter panel for paint. Reshaped the pass side sheetmetal and reattached the fender flare.
    Painted the lower half of the whole thing in a light textured truck bed coating. Future scratches dents can be easily touched paint wise. Bring on the tree/rock scratches.
    I love that little 'Zuke! That thing will be a monster with lockers or even good LSDs. Course, if you have to open teh diffs for lockers, might as well do gears (to allow for tires)...
    but I wouldn't necessarily jump to tires if they won't fit with minor suspension work... small tire trucks rule!
    -TYLER - - Illegitimi non carborundum - -
    '14 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 V6 Auto
    -----3" lift with Nisstec MK84 coilovers & OME leafs, HeftyFab skids & Whiteknuckle sliders, WARN Winch & bumper, 32" Duratracs
    '15 Nissan Xterra Pro4X
    -----Heftyfab skids & Whiteknuckle sliders, 32" Duratracs

Quote Originally Posted by mtyler11 View Post
    I love that little 'Zuke! That thing will be a monster with lockers or even good LSDs. Course, if you have to open teh diffs for lockers, might as well do gears (to allow for tires)...
    but I wouldn't necessarily jump to tires if they won't fit with minor suspension work... small tire trucks rule!
    My suggestions for the Suzuki based on Saturday (in this order):

A.) More Armor (you might have to break out the welder for this - not sure what's available aftermarket)
    B.) More flex - there were times you were losing traction because of insufficient articulation
    C.) traction control (could be tires, could be diffs)
    -- Tundra (yes, really my name, not my truck!) - KC1DQY

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport 'Wheezy Chicken' - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer')
    1952 M38A1 'Old Swampy' - pending reassembly into mostly stock form

The only pics I took from the start.

Anymore pics of the mod runs. I know someone had a few with my rear tires wiggling in the air.
    Thanks we had a great time.

Greg
    +
    Maximus
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190601_091416[2].jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	33294   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190601_091418[1].jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	33295   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190601_091426[1].jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	33296   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190601_092541[1].jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	115.9 KB 
ID:	33297   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190601_090451[1].jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	33298  

Skids/Armor/XD9000i/4.56 Locked Rear
    Sway Away Coilovers/ 33x10.5 KM2/ Bobbed bed

I second loving the 'Zuke. Didn't see it run, but I want one. Maybe that well be my choice for a short and narrow vehicle to compliment the oil tanker I normally wheel with.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtyler11 View Post
    I love that little 'Zuke! That tIhing will be a monster with lockers or even good LSDs. Course, if you have to open teh diffs for lockers, might as well do gears (to allow for tires)...
    1992 AM General m998 HMMWV

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepin View Post
    Thats amazing! Such a cool video, thanks for sharing. I was curious about that camera setup.

It was great meeting you guys and glad someone who needed a winch finally got it! I think it will make for even better videos..
    Thank you!! I was curious if the camera was going to end up staying up for the whole trip, but it surprisingly did!
    I will need that lucky winch! And if I don't fit it straight away before hitting the trails again, it will be the time I need it! Thank you all again and hope to see you guys soon, had a brilliant time! :)

Steed: Daily driven 2010 Land Rover LR4 5.0 HSE
    Bits: 31" Wrangler AT Adventure Kevlar tires / Air suspension / Center & rear lockers / Rock sliders / Bumps & bruises
    Vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W-OBHos1Bo

What a great time we had! Thanks to all who helped put this together.

https://youtu.be/WwB1-9FwcBY
    https://youtu.be/ZEdPa4k2peM
    “Don’t lick a gift horse in the mouth”