Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: ENH Recovery 101 Training - June 23rd

Default ENH Recovery 101 Training - June 23rd

We're happy to announce the first Recovery 101 training course for the 2019 season!

- This is a one day course running from 10AM to 6PM on June 23rd, 2019. It will be held at Anthony's property in Mont Vernon, NH
    - It is suitable for all vehicles, stock and modified, as long as you have 4WD with low-range.
    - This course consists of a classroom component and a hands-on driving component. It will provide you with the basic recovery skills to get out of trouble and keep enjoying the trails!
    - Please be sure to bring snacks, water, and a lunch

For more information, and to sign up, please visit the ENH Recovery 101 Registration page.

Last edited by Jeepin; 06-12-2019 at 02:14 PM.
    WAGGLER: 1999 TJ: currently in pieces.
    Build thread
    Member: Team Overbuilt
    Shop Build Thread

A few spots have been taken. Plenty of room still remaining for the training however. Sign up before it's too late.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

For everyone already signed up, feel free to post up in this thread with some info about your experience and your rig!

We look forward to seeing you all in a couple weeks! There are also more spots available, sign up before they are all gone.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about this event.
    Build thread
    Shop Build Thread

Just registered for this class with my wife.

Will have the Wrangler re-geared to 4.88 with OX lockers, skid plates and a winch by then.

See you all soon.
    2013 JKU Wrangler Sport (Rock Lobster/black), Teraflex 2.5" lift, 35" tires, Magnuson super charger.

Default Is hitch receiver shackle sufficient for this class?

I'm considering signing up for this class, and am looking at the equipment requirements. I'm driving a 2016 Tacoma double cab Off Road, stock except for a Curt Front Mount Trailer Hitch Receiver which claims 9000 lbs straight line pull capacity. GVWR of the Tacoma is 5600 lbs.

The truck also has the factory tow package.

Is this along with an appropriate hitch receiver shackle sufficient for this class?

Thanks
    Last edited by N8RPIX; 06-16-2019 at 09:24 AM.
    Kevin Klasman, Nashua, NH

2016 Tacoma DoubleCab 4x4 Off-Road, stock.

Quote Originally Posted by kklasman View Post
    I'm considering signing up for this class, and am looking at the equipment requirements. I'm driving a 2016 Tacoma double cab Off Road, stock except for a Curt Front Mount Trailer Hitch Receiver which claims 9000 lbs straight line pull capacity. GVWR of the Tacoma is 5600 lbs.

The truck also has the factory tow package.

Is this along with an appropriate hitch receiver shackle sufficient for this class?

Thanks
    That sounds like it will do the trick! Look forward to seeing you at the training!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Build thread
    Shop Build Thread

I signed up for the Offroad 101 class but I accidentally double booked myself for that day. Is there any way I could attend this class instead?

Signed up for the class, really looking forward to it.

I have a stock 2013 Jeep Rubicon 2 door w/ 6spd. manual.

I have a modest amount of off-road driving experience. Was on last year's newbie run, Bacon to Margaritas, and Freeze Your Gas Off.

Regards,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mlyonsden View Post
    I signed up for the Offroad 101 class but I accidentally double booked myself for that day. Is there any way I could attend this class instead?
    Hey, no problems, it happens!

I spoke with Paul (FSHJNKY) who said he already refunded you for Saturday, however, we'd love for you to join us for the Sunday recovery class if you still want to! You'll just have to sign up for this day using the link in the original post.

Thanks to all who have signed up and posted in this thread! Less than a week away, looking forward to meeting you all!
    Build thread
    Shop Build Thread

Looking forward to meeting and learning sat/sun!

Default See you on the 23rd

Conse here. I have limited experience (almost none) but I did enjoy this year’s Anniversary Stock Run. I have a 2018 Rubicon Recon stock with 34” Ridge Grabber tires. No extra equipment beyond the run essentials listed on this site. I will use this session to help put together a priority list for my Jeep.

Quote Originally Posted by mb523 View Post
    We look forward to seeing you all in a couple weeks! There are also more spots available, sign up before they are all gone.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about this event.
    Last edited by Jeepin; 06-21-2019 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Quoting Error

Default Thank you!

A big muddy thank you to Chris, Mitch and Anthony! Ideal location for a 101 recovery event. Excellent slides, discussions and hands-on recovery practice session. I learned a lot! The training was spot on. Thanks again, Conse