Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Idiot run numero one wed June 5

Quote Originally Posted by Kc88 View Post
    Thatís a lot work! Iím looking forward to seeing it in action also
    I just want to get back on a trail. I havenít wheeled since October. We will be hitting Rausch Creek in PA this weekend though.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyhandgrenade View Post
    I packed the trusty olí 40 Volt Ryobi Chainsaw (donít laugh. Itís saved us a few times already) Maybe thatíll cut down on the turn arounds some?
    That is a NICE looking truck... with all that muscle all you can manage is a 9V 'chain'saw? besides, turnarounds are usually due to Sean finding a lake to drive through, or kevin unable to find an outlet on foot (mini-marathon), or the ever-popular... "hey, lets see where this goes...." its never due to downed trees... now downed Forests, on the otherhand...
    -TYLER - - Illegitimi non carborundum - -
    '14 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 V6 Auto
    -----3" lift with Nisstec MK84 coilovers & OME leafs, HeftyFab skids & Whiteknuckle sliders, WARN Winch & bumper, 32" Duratracs
    '15 Nissan Xterra Pro4X
    -----Heftyfab skids & Whiteknuckle sliders, 32" Duratracs

Quote Originally Posted by mtyler11 View Post
    That is a NICE looking truck... with all that muscle all you can manage is a 9V 'chain'saw? besides, turnarounds are usually due to Sean finding a lake to drive through, or kevin unable to find an outlet on foot (mini-marathon), or the ever-popular... "hey, lets see where this goes...." its never due to downed trees... now downed Forests, on the otherhand...
    Thanks man. LMAO!

I used to do firewood. I had three real saws then. I donít have any use for a real saw now that Iím not doing the firewood. The 40 Volt is perfect for my needs now.

Psshhh. Only a 40 volt.... actually i saw a Makita over the winter, forget the volts but it was a big pack, like 12 Ah, and it could rip! For light duty stuff I could definately run one if i didn't already have a good 2stroke.
    -----3" lift with Nisstec MK84 coilovers & OME leafs, HeftyFab skids & Whiteknuckle sliders, WARN Winch & bumper, 32" Duratracs
    '15 Nissan Xterra Pro4X

Quote Originally Posted by Holyhandgrenade View Post
    Thanks man. LMAO!

I used to do firewood. I had three real saws then. I donít have any use for a real saw now that Iím not doing the firewood. The 40 Volt is perfect for my needs now.
    Tyler's gonna hate me... I've been giving serious consideration to electric. I asked about battery saws recently when I picked my Husky up at the shop. My guy showed me their 16" 40V saw, he told me he'll run his for a solid half hour of bucking.

I'm thinking that a half hour of felling and bucking means a couple of hours of splitting, etc. For the 4 or so cord I put up a year that's just about right.

I might get one, as my mid 90s vintage Husky is, well, old. Plus that's the one I'd bring in the Jeep.
    Mary Anne: 1988 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36 DGEV, AX15/231, 4.11 HP-D30 & non c-clip D35 w/Truetrac, 33" KO2's, BDS 2" lift, a bunch of skid plates, Warn 9.5ti

Boomah: 1997 Ram 2500 4X4, Cummins 12V, 47RE, work in progress...

The Ancient and Honorable Society of the Leaf Spring
    Tread Lightly!
    KC1EIJ WQZJ411

Quote Originally Posted by BlueberryHill View Post
    Tyler's gonna hate me... I've been giving serious consideration to electric. I asked about battery saws recently when I picked my Husky up at the shop. My guy showed me their 16" 40V saw, he told me he'll run his for a solid half hour of bucking.

I'm thinking that a half hour of felling and bucking means a couple of hours of splitting, etc. For the 4 or so cord I put up a year that's just about right.

I might get one, as my mid 90s vintage Husky is, well, old. Plus that's the one I'd bring in the Jeep.
    Nah, no hate. If I wasn't invested, I'd consider electric. Especially if i had a bunch of Millwaki tools already. They seem to be the only one that hasnt changed their battery format/connector.
    '15 Nissan Xterra Pro4X

I don't know if they have the umph for a saw, but I thought Ryobi has been the same battery for a long time. No?
    -- Tundra (yes, really my name, not my truck!) - KC1DQY

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer')
    1952 M38A1 'Old Swampy' - pending reassembly into mostly stock form

Quote Originally Posted by Ivoryring View Post
    I don't know if they have the umph for a saw, but I thought Ryobi has been the same battery for a long time. No?
    Yep, Ryobi has the same connection for their new batteries, at least for 18V. I'm using their 4Ah li with my old tools.

Changing battery form is an old Crapsman trick, and that's why I avoid their cordless tools, I have a perfectly good 18V drill and light that needed batteries. It was cheaper to buy new Ryobi tools with batteries and charger.
    Mary Anne: 1988 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36 DGEV, AX15/231, 4.11 HP-D30 & non c-clip D35 w/Truetrac, 33" KO2's, BDS 2" lift, a bunch of skid plates, Warn 9.5ti

Tread Lightly!
    KC1EIJ WQZJ411

Highjack complete! 8^)

Tread Lightly!
    KC1EIJ WQZJ411

Highjack complete! 8^)
    I told you, its a redirection of conversation...
    '15 Nissan Xterra Pro4X

Next you will have an electric YJ
    "I hope you get hit by a goose, right in the sway bar!" -anon

2015 Tacoma Access 4-banger (aka 'Scratchy') -> 255/85r16 ST Maxx, FJC wheels, 3" OME 887s/full dakar pack, CBI sliders and full skids, Pelfreybilt Hybrid bumper, ****tybilt 9.5 XRC winch, sway bar go by bye, ARB on-board air, many many zip-tie
    1989 Ford Bronco II (aka 'Babe the Blue Pig') -> 31x10.5r15 Cheap ATs, 1.5" lift (RC coils/shocks and WULF shackles), 2.9l hamster-power

Quote Originally Posted by ecgreen View Post
    Next you will have an electric YJ
    Nope, the only conversion for Mary-Anne would be diesel. 8^)

Goat?

Tread Lightly!
    KC1EIJ WQZJ411