Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: State Motor Vehicle Inspections

Quote Originally Posted by m_easty View Post
    ... My mother in law insists that it has to be done by the same shop so I'll have to find it in print.
    Wouldn't it be easier to have her call the inspection station you are thinking of using and asking that very question?

And you should not look for language allowing you to use a different inspection station - you need to look for the absence of any language prohibiting you from using a different station.

Anything not explicitly banned by a law is allowed.
    Last edited by DPM; 05-16-2019 at 08:07 AM.
    2013 JKU Wrangler Sport (Rock Lobster/black), Teraflex 2.5" lift, 35" tires, Magnuson super charger.

good points, but I did call DMV in Concord today and they confirmed that you can re-test at any shop, just may have to pay again since they didn't get the initial fee.
    Back In Only Please

Page 14 of NH Consumer's Source book states "You are under no obligation to have the repairs done at the service shop thatinspected your vehicle." It does say to go back to the station that inspected it but I read that as you should because it won't cost you another inspection, not that you have to.

It also says

WHERE TO GO IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM
    Complaints regarding practices of inspection stations may
    be referred to the New Hampshire Department of Safety.
    NH Department of Safety,
    Motor Vehicle Division
    33 Hazen Drive
    Concord, NH 03305
    603-271-6383

https://www.doj.nh.gov/consumer/sour...sourcebook.pdf

You may need to reach out to the DMV itself, maybe via email

NH.DMVHelp@dos.nh.gov

And ask them directly about the requirement of going back to the original inspection station. That way you would have it in writing to show your mother-in-law....

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Dgagne; 05-17-2019 at 02:19 PM.
    -You should spend 10 minutes in a hammock everyday , unless you are busy, then you should spend an hour.

2006 Jeep Wrangler X (TJ) - Stock.... except the 31" tires... just stock...
    ...oh no, wait, I bought a new top for it and also put up a sticky led light on the interior roof as a dome light and i put my first sticker on the body.