Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JK Tailgate Tire Carrier

I ended up buying the Teraflex with Adjustable Carrier from Extreme Terrain and got the Teraflex License plate delete badge. I got the License Plate Relocation Bracket with LED Plate light and 3rd brake light from JCR. The 5% off from Extreme Terrain was sweet. Hoping It'll all get here in a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by dun_right View Post
    I ended up buying the Teraflex with Adjustable Carrier from Extreme Terrain and got the Teraflex License plate delete badge. I got the License Plate Relocation Bracket with LED Plate light and 3rd brake light from JCR. The 5% off from Extreme Terrain was sweet. Hoping It'll all get here in a reasonable amount of time.
    Glad it worked out. Using the code helps in a few ways. You get a discount and our sponsors see that we are buying from them and in turn keep providing us with support. Like the monthly giveaways and discounts. Love it.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

Quote Originally Posted by FSHJNKY View Post
    Yes it works, but it doesn't mean you should do it. The stock tire carriers have a tendency to crack with heavier tires and wheels. Over time the cracks get bigger and one good bump going down the road and the carrier breaks you are going to be in trouble. The stock carriers aren't designed for that even with adapters.

Check these out. Much cheaper than the insurance bill you will be paying when your 35 smashes into the car behind you on the highway.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/barri...ount-0717.html
    https://www.extremeterrain.com/redro...e-0718-jk.html

And Extreme Terrain is a site sponsor and you get a 5% discount off of those items.
    I purchased the first link, barricade mount, and despite being more than I wanted to spend at the time, it works fine for me. I wish it looked like this though https://genright.com/products/jeep-j...-aluminum.html. But $1.1k, no way, not in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Yipjeep View Post
    I run the Teraflex carrier with the adjustable tire mount. No issues with rust, plus their CB/flag antenna mount screws right on to the carrier. I tuned the antenna and have no issues. I had thought about adding the hi-life mount but haven't yet do to a few folks complaining of antenna interference. There are other accessories for the carrier such as the cargo basket or RotopaX mount.
    The adjustable tire mount provides a 3rd brake light mount that you attach your stock brake light to. Just before purchasing the carrier Teraflex had a deal going where you got the adjustable tire mount free with the carrier. Luckily I saw on another forum that Krawl Offroad was still doing the deal so I contacted Jason. I have also had great service from Jared (member of ENH) at ScerbFab Offroad. He is able to buy a lot of products and offer them at discounts. I do see Extreme Terrain carries Teraflex, so you could also contact them. They offer a 5% discount to ENH members.
    Looks like Teraflex carrier is a good one. Just got to finish installing the new brake kit and fuel wheels on the current truck project before we can work on uncle's JK. Plannig to put 35's on it as well. Gonna take a look at Krawl Offroad for some deals.