Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deeper down the Rabbit hole with emptier pockets

Default Deeper down the Rabbit hole with emptier pockets

Welp, I did it....I bought the lift, rims and tires this past couple weeks. Feels really good but here's to eating Ramen for the summer lmaooo.

I'll post pics as I go along.

Metal Cloak 4/4.5" Gamechanger

17x9 Pro Comp Series 69 Wheels

315/70/r17 Cooper STT Pros

Cant wait.

Who is doing your installation? You won't be disappointed with the Coopers that is for sure. And Metal Cloak is on point with their new systems. I have all new Metal Cloak Control arms and they are phenomenal.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

Quote Originally Posted by FSHJNKY View Post
    Who is doing your installation? You won't be disappointed with the Coopers that is for sure. And Metal Cloak is on point with their new systems. I have all new Metal Cloak Control arms and they are phenomenal.
    So i remembered you talking about the Coopers so i figured lets do it since they do get rave reviews. I'm going to do the lift install myself. I've watched videos, read directions, done a ton of research and i think this is something my buddy could help me get done in a weekend or so since were both pretty mechanically inclined, keeping track and being careful about how we do things. I got a quote for install and it was enough to shy me away lol. I wanted to really do this the right way instead of running into trouble later on and needing to invest more money into the lift.

I called up Ratchet's about doing an alignment on it after I get it done and they said I just need to call up. If I can get the control arms damn near close to the Spec they give, enough to just drive it easy to Pelham, then I think I'll be good.

I feel like I'm in going to be in the cool kids club after doing this

Just make sure you follow the instructions, don't over tighten, make sure to re torque after a few hundred miles. And don't be too rough on it until you've got some road miles on her to let everything settle in and then re torque again.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

Just make sure you follow the instructions, don't over tighten, make sure to re torque after a few hundred miles. And don't be too rough on it until you've got some road miles on her to let everything settle in and then re torque again.
    Great advice. I'll do all of these things. I'm hoping I can get it installed next month. Thanks!

Ah yes, I know the hole down which you go
    "I hope you get hit by a goose, right in the sway bar!" -anon

2015 Tacoma Access 4-banger (aka 'Scratchy') -> 255/85r16 ST Maxx, FJC wheels, 3" OME 887s/full dakar pack, CBI sliders and full skids, Pelfreybilt Hybrid bumper, ****tybilt 9.5 XRC winch, sway bar go by bye, ARB on-board air, many many zip-tie
    1989 Ford Bronco II (aka 'Babe the Blue Pig') -> 31x10.5r15 Cheap ATs, 1.5" lift (RC coils/shocks and WULF shackles), 2.9l hamster-power

I finally bit the bullet and added up how much I've spent this off-season. Sometimes it's better not to know...
    '99 TJ, 5.9L Magnum V8, Atlas-4, Waggy 44s, Custom link susp F/R, 37" Pitbulls, etc etc etc, OMG what happened to all of my money?
    She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

'97 ZJ
    , 2" spacer lift on 30's, 'The Beater'

KC1KAX

Quote Originally Posted by FreakinJeep View Post
    I finally bit the bullet and added up how much I've spent this off-season. Sometimes it's better not to know...
    I have a running tab with receipts on my laptop for insurance when i go to renew to get a better policy lol. I don't like looking at it hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by dun_right View Post
    I have a running tab with receipts on my laptop for insurance when i go to renew to get a better policy lol. I don't like looking at it hahahaha
    Just Empty Every Pocket!

I've got it all on a spreadsheet, too. It's not fun to look at the totals.
    2015 JKURHR 6MT - Rancho 4" Crawler short-arm w/RS9000XLs, Yokohama G003 35s, 4.56s, Quadratec AL skidplates, Smittybilt X2O 10k

I should probably regear in the future. Itís a D30 with I think 3.21 in the front. Will this be unbearable? I want to see the progression of my build so whatís the thought about waiting? I also donít want to put a ton of money into the D30. Iíll gusset it if need be. Otherwise I can wait.

been checking forums out but you all know how that goes lol

Do you have skid plates yet?
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

Quote Originally Posted by dun_right View Post
    I should probably regear in the future. Itís a D30 with I think 3.21 in the front. Will this be unbearable? I want to see the progression of my build so whatís the thought about waiting? I also donít want to put a ton of money into the D30. Iíll gusset it if need be. Otherwise I can wait.

been checking forums out but you all know how that goes lol
    It's just money, right?

https://www.extremeterrain.com/teraf...uding-rub.html
    2015 JKURHR 6MT - Rancho 4" Crawler short-arm w/RS9000XLs, Yokohama G003 35s, 4.56s, Quadratec AL skidplates, Smittybilt X2O 10k

Do you have skid plates yet?
    Not yet. Iíd rather do those before regearing. If you agree sick lol

Almost everyone will agree skids before everything else. They can be expensive but they're like the only thing that will save you money in the long run other than not wheeling. Hahaha.

Gears are much more noticeable on the road than in 4lo

Sent from my BV9500 using Tapatalk
    '99 TJ, 5.9L Magnum V8, Atlas-4, Waggy 44s, Custom link susp F/R, 37" Pitbulls, etc etc etc, OMG what happened to all of my money?
    She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

'97 ZJ
    , 2" spacer lift on 30's, 'The Beater'

KC1KAX

Quote Originally Posted by FreakinJeep View Post
    Almost everyone will agree skids before everything else. They can be expensive but they're like the only thing that will save you money in the long run other than not wheeling. Hahaha.

Gears are much more noticeable on the road than in 4lo

Sent from my BV9500 using Tapatalk
    Ya so Iíve heard lol. I just wanna get the look going. I wonít be doing any hardcore wheeling to the point Iíd need to use them just yet. ďSaid no one everĒ lol Iím gunna try to hold out as long as I can lol.