Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: 2007 Jeep JK Key Problem

Default 2007 Jeep JK Key Problem

I have a 2007 Jeep JK with one key fob and the key fob is not working. I have changed out the battery(still does not work) and I'm not sure if it is the key or the system in the vehicle having the problem. The bigger problem is since the key is not working I cannot not turn the alarm/anti-theft off, which has result in me not being to turn the jeep on. I have a DD so I'm not stuck at the moment, just really annoying.

Does any one know of a way to shut off the alarm system without a key fob?

Also is there a way to fix/program another key fob without a working key fob or should I just bring the problem to a Jeep dealer?
    2009 JKU Sahara. Stock. 33" Goodyear AT w/Kevlar. Hi-lift Jack w/ hood mount.

Most vehicles that vintage will disable the factory alarm if you lock and unlock the driver's door MANUALLY with the key.

Like old school caveman style, put the metal stick in the hole in the door and turn it.
    '99 TJ, 5.9L Magnum V8, Atlas-4, Waggy 44s, Custom link susp F/R, 37" Pitbulls, etc etc etc, OMG what happened to all of my money?
    She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

'97 ZJ
    , 2" spacer lift on 30's, 'The Beater'

KC1KAX

Is it a rubicon?
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

Quote Originally Posted by FSHJNKY View Post
    Is it a rubicon?
    Yes it is a rubicon

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FreakinJeep View Post
    Most vehicles that vintage will disable the factory alarm if you lock and unlock the driver's door MANUALLY with the key.

Like old school caveman style, put the metal stick in the hole in the door and turn it.
    I give that a try. I only just unlocked manually. I figured there was some special thing to do to disable the alarm.

Now I just need to figure out how to get new key fobs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Climb under the front and disconnect the electronic sway bar and plug it back in. Sounds weird but there is a major connector issue there and this happened to us on the trail one day. We tried everything and then I recommended the electronic sway bar disconnect because I used to have tons of problems with mine. Popped it off and back on and everything worked.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't related to the problem at the Fall Crawl with the car locking despite having the key in the ignition and running. I hope Paul's solution works for you!
    Rick (KC1KVZ)
    2018 JLUR Rock Hard Sliders
    (gone) 2017 JKU Smoky Mountain, Rock Hard sliders but otherwise stock
    Completed "Tread Lightly! 101 Online Awareness Course"

Also try this, it might sound dumb but I have a weird issue with my fob too, the only way I can get the fob to work reliably is to open the fob case a little bit -1-2mm on one side. To see if this is related to your issue you can disassemble the key fob and with the rubber assembly with the battery and plastic buttons out of the fob case, see if it works to lock and unlock. I've tried a number of things and I seem to have some kind of clearance issue inside the fob as the assembly works fine when out of the key or with a slightly open fob...
    Jeff
    2012 JKU on 35s with skids
    1997 Jeep TJ lock/lock RIP...
    1970 Jeepster Bone stock