Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: ENH Anniversary Run - June 1st 2019 - Registration and Details

Quote Originally Posted by FSHJNKY View Post
    registration is now closed for this event. Thank you for your pre-registrations. We have hit our limits on both stock and moderate groups.
    Damn I kept putting it off. If you start a waiting list can I get on for stock???

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I was the same. Kept thinking we had until tomorrow. Teach me to wait to long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by akd603 View Post

Same here -- came to check on the thread and register -- figured I had till tomorrow

3rd on wait list please -- stock run with barbacue and camping

Thought I had more time, please count me and one additional passenger in for moderate class and bbq/camping if still possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
    Damn I kept putting it off. If you start a waiting list can I get on for stock???

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by akd603 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyopp View Post
    Same here -- came to check on the thread and register -- figured I had till tomorrow

3rd on wait list please -- stock run with barbacue and camping
    We aren't doing a waiting list. We have enough leaders and routes setup at this moment so we had to close off registrations a day or two early. We get that it is a bummer, but we had to close off the registrations to not overload the trail leaders, the routes, the property or the trails. I was hoping to not have to close off the registrations and we held off as long as we could.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zukitup View Post
    Thought I had more time, please count me and one additional passenger in for moderate class and bbq/camping if still possible!
    I apologize but we cannot add you at this time. If we add you we have to add everybody else that is requesting to be added and it isn't fair so we have closed off registrations at this time. Thanks for your understanding.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

I completely understand, if there turns out to be an opening in the moderate class please contact me.

Default Calling all stockers and newbies!

Just a friendly reminder from your travel guides; please make sure you read the required equipment list TONIGHT if you haven't already. There is a link in the first post. There's plenty of time to prepare, don't wait until May 31st.

A couple of thoughts on issues that we've run into in the past.

HARD MOUNTED TOW POINTS: generic tow hooks mounted to sheet metal unibody structure are NOT hard mounted. A tow hook that comes loose while being tugged can kill someone. There are tons of tow fail videos online, watch them if you don't believe me. This is something we will be checking the morning of the run, if your tow points are not sufficient we will not allow you to follow the group.

Your fire extinguisher is not to protect your vehicle. If fire starts in your rig, GET OUT! Your fellow travelers will use theirs for you, as you will if someone else needs it. That's why you must have one (or two)

Current inspection: a rejection that is for safety issues can ruin the day for the group, please don't assume it's okay. Ask us!

Radios, while not required, are so cheap and easy to acquire as to be a must have. FRS works great, most likely that's what we'll be using. Please make sure your radio works, and you know how to use it, ahead of time. Don't be "that guy" breaking open the bubble pack at 9:00 AM on June 1st.

I encourage you to ask any questions you have here, as others likely have the same questions, otherwise feel free to send me a private message.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepin;394397[B
    Vehicle Requirements & Rules: [/B]
    We will follow the ExploringNH required equipment list (LINK).
    Stock = Any capable, true 4x4 vehicle. At a minimum you must have front and rear tow points and the ENH required equipment.
    Moderate = We recommend a lift, 32"+ tires, rock rails, skid plates, winch, etc.. Either have them or assume the risks associated with not having them.
    As with any run, even a moderate class group will travel on some stock trails, to get to harder trails.
    No alcohol is allowed on the trail rides.
    Drivers must be existing members of ExploringNH. If you are a member of this forum, you are good. Do not invite people who are not members.
    We will be traveling on paved roads between Class 6 trails, your vehicle must be registered and road worthy.
    You are responsible for your vehicle and belongings. Organizers, leaders and helpers are volunteers that are here to aid you, but ultimately you know the capability of your vehicle and your driving skills. Please make smart choices. We want everyone to have an enjoyable time.
    Mary Anne: 1988 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36 DGEV, AX15/231, 4.11 HP-D30 & non c-clip D35 w/Truetrac, 33" KO2's, BDS 2" lift, a bunch of skid plates, Warn 9.5ti

Boomah: 1997 Ram 2500 4X4, Cummins 12V, 47RE, work in progress...

The Ancient and Honorable Society of the Leaf Spring
    Tread Lightly!
    KC1EIJ WQZJ411

Also of note... if you have gas spilling out of your rig - get it fixed before the run. While some might think this is obvious, we've had a problem with this on a past run, so now it has to get mentioned.
    -- Tundra (yes, really my name, not my truck!) - KC1DQY

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer')
    1952 M38A1 'Old Swampy' - pending reassembly into mostly stock form

Also also note, battery secured properly...

PLEASE, if you have questions, ask them Now.

You don't want to be the one holding up an entire group while you make a simple repair that should have been addressed 2 weeks prior. It also sucks to be on your back, in a small stream, on top of a bunch of rocks trying to secure a loose pipe/wire/nut....

You also don't want to be stuck, need a tug, and the only safe place to tie to your truck is a suspension component...

A quick rule of thumb... if you wouldn't drive it cross-country or across Death Valley as is, get it checked. (Death Valley is probably a better guide as there are no service stations or cell towers...)
    Last edited by mtyler11; 05-16-2019 at 12:33 PM.
    -TYLER - - Illegitimi non carborundum - -
    '14 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 V6 Auto
    -----3" lift with Nisstec MK84 coilovers & OME leafs, HeftyFab skids & Whiteknuckle sliders, WARN Winch & bumper, 32" Duratracs
    '15 Nissan Xterra Pro4X
    -----Heftyfab skids & Whiteknuckle sliders, 32" Duratracs

I'm psyched for this. I see a lot of old faces and a lot of new ones.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Should be a great kickoff to hopefully another awesome wheeling season!
    '99 TJ, 5.9L Magnum V8, Atlas-4, Waggy 44s, Custom link susp F/R, 37" Pitbulls, etc etc etc, OMG what happened to all of my money?
    She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

'97 ZJ
    , 2" spacer lift on 30's, 'The Beater'

KC1KAX

15 Days away according to the count down. I appreciate all of the trail leaders (volunteers), Anthony for creating routes and getting the trail leaders all lined up and opening his property up for this event and lastly thank you to the members who are coming to the event and continuing to support ExploringNH.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

I would haved love to go but I work that weekend

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BlueberryHill View Post
    HARD MOUNTED TOW POINTS: generic tow hooks mounted to sheet metal unibody structure are NOT hard mounted. A tow hook that comes loose while being tugged can kill someone. There are tons of tow fail videos online, watch them if you don't believe me. This is something we will be checking the morning of the run, if your tow points are not sufficient we will not allow you to follow the group.
    Question on the HMTP's, does an ARB bumper qualify as an appropriate mounting point? What about stock rear step bumper on my Defender? There are two additional two points under the rear bumper so I'm not as concerned with that one but want to make sure my truck is safe and compliant.

Stock photo from ARB site, not my actual truck.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ARBOffRoadIcons0916_Defender_0013-2140x1427.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	33155  

Do you have the eyelets that go in those two openings? Those are specifically for recovery.
    -- Tundra (yes, really my name, not my truck!) - KC1DQY

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer')
    1952 M38A1 'Old Swampy' - pending reassembly into mostly stock form

Quote Originally Posted by Ivoryring View Post
    Do you have the eyelets that go in those two openings? Those are specifically for recovery.
    Tundra do u need a tailgunner?
    "I hope you get hit by a goose, right in the sway bar!" -anon

2015 Tacoma Access 4-banger (aka 'Scratchy') -> 255/85r16 ST Maxx, FJC wheels, 3" OME 887s/full dakar pack, CBI sliders and full skids, Pelfreybilt Hybrid bumper, ****tybilt 9.5 XRC winch, sway bar go by bye, ARB on-board air, many many zip-tie
    1989 Ford Bronco II (aka 'Babe the Blue Pig') -> 31x10.5r15 Cheap ATs, 1.5" lift (RC coils/shocks and WULF shackles), 2.9l hamster-power