Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barrington voting to close Class VI

I'd be happy to help on a trail clean-up day too. Overall, I'd love to see more activities like that... getting involved to help local communities keep our trail system clean, clear and open for use. I would love to see us connect with towns and offer a resource for them for these activities. Imagine if a town called ENH when they saw trash out on a trail. There's no way they'd change a class VI to something else when the Class VI guys are the ones doing the work to keep trails clean.
    1996 Landcruiser, 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo Grunter, Dawes Boost Controller - 23psi, front/rear ARB lockers, ARB rear bumper, Slinky/Icon 3", Wholesale automatics A442f Extreme, 35" Duratracs, home built aluminum belly skid/Sliders, Costa Fabrications Front Bumper, Rigid D2 Low/Hi beam
    1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - 2" Alcan springs, 10" travel Gabriel shocks, 30" Yokohama AT/S
    2006 Evo 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb
    2000 Civic - B18C swap (Acura Integra GSR engine, transmission, ECU, Axles, shift linkage)

Glad to hear! I haven't been on it as of yet, need to get out and explore more! I'd be down to help for a clean up day as well.

Give them my number. I will gladly talk with them about options for trail cleanups.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

Quote Originally Posted by Scerb View Post
    Correct, the vote failed meaning it will remain a Class VI road! It was a very close vote, within 100-200 if I recall.

Not sure if it swayed any minds, but I did post on the town's FB group about the 2008 Barrington Trail Cleanup that ENH did. I'll post below for prosperity :). Is there a contact at ENH I should provide the group interested in closing this trail in case they need our help again?

The amount if stuff we pulled out that day was crazy.Some of those tires were well over ten years old.Glad that road is still open.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Wink

We did another one on a different road and I went to a scale to weigh my heaping full truck to see just how much it was, as it was sagging a lot. It was almost 800 pounds :o which made for a interesting ride out of the woods ;)
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not.
    ~Shawn(the correct spelling ;)

Quote Originally Posted by FSHJNKY View Post
    Give them my number. I will gladly talk with them about options for trail cleanups.
    If they will move forward on this with us, you have my truck and I can proobably get a 5x8 trailer also...

A cleanup I did last spring with Mohawk the town delivered several large dumpsters for us to fill...
    -TYLER - - Illegitimi non carborundum - -
    '14 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 V6 Auto
    -----3" lift with Nisstec MK84 coilovers & OME leafs, HeftyFab skids & Whiteknuckle sliders, WARN Winch & bumper, 32" Duratracs
    '15 Nissan Xterra Pro4X
    -----Heftyfab skids & Whiteknuckle sliders, 32" Duratracs

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mtyler11 View Post
    If they will move forward on this with us, you have my truck and I can proobably get a 5x8 trailer also...

A cleanup I did last spring with Mohawk the town delivered several large dumpsters for us to fill...
    That is amazing!
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not.
    ~Shawn(the correct spelling ;)

As long as whatever road we decide to clean up is stock friendly-ish I'll show up with the truck.
    Mary Anne: 1988 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36 DGEV, AX15/231, 4.11 HP-D30 & non c-clip D35 w/Truetrac, 33" KO2's, BDS 2" lift, a bunch of skid plates, Warn 9.5ti

Boomah: 1997 Ram 2500 4X4, Cummins 12V, 47RE, work in progress...

The Ancient and Honorable Society of the Leaf Spring
    Tread Lightly!
    KC1EIJ WQZJ411

Let's do it!
    MIKE
    Member: Tread Lightly
    Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest.

To be clear, no one has indicated to me that any Barrington trails need a clean up, but I can checkem out after mud season and see as I don't know either way. I wont be surprised if they try to petition this closure again so it would be good to show to the town we are still here to help!
    ScerbFab LLC
    Offroad Fabrication & Performance - Barrington, NH
    Aftermarket Parts and Installations

(603) 309-2030
    www.scerbfab.com

I've got a long bed 3/4 ton that's run the trail, if you guys do the clean up. Either way I'd be there.
    91ish Ranger 351W Narrowed HP D44 SAS 14 Bolt C&C rear 39s 4.88s Locked F+R
    67 Kaiser/Jeep M715 38s 5.89 gears Running Project