Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Land Cruiser 200

Default 2018 Land Cruiser 200

In an attempt to break a cycle of looking for the perfect all around vehicle but trading every couple years , I bit the bullet and bought a heavily discounted 2018 leftover 200.

Iíve done my time wrenching on old junk, and I want to spend my time in a reliable vehicle that will be Cush enough for cross country treks.

The build will be mild and mostly for daily use, camping, boat towing, and the like, but it needs to go (almost) anywhere.

My Duratracs from my last WK2 will be swapped onto the stock wheels, for now.

Full 49x84 Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform on Backbone is going on with lots of extra goodies- including my ARB awning with walls.

Redarc trailer brake control and CB will be all hidden in the dash.

I went with a ComeUp 9500 winch with synthetic line - made in USA - wireless- waterproof.

Iím waiting on the hidden mount to arrive from Trail Tailor- and some more protection and recovery points- this week.

Iíll still need sliders and underbody protection, but the current pieces should keep me in the garage for a couple weekends.

The plan is for Slee sliders, ARB underbelly skids, and Slee dual battery...but I need more cash before those get ordered.

Looking forward to seeing people out on the trails. This is going to be for show and go... but itís one of those- ďRemember dummy, this is your only vehicle ď

Thanks for looking.

One shot of my old WK2 from Fall 2018 TNHX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful rig. I haven't gotten up close to a 200 series before so I'm excited to see you out on the trail.
    1996 Landcruiser, 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo Grunter, Dawes Boost Controller - 23psi, front/rear ARB lockers, ARB rear bumper, Slinky/Icon 3", Wholesale automatics A442f Extreme, 35" Duratracs, home built aluminum belly skid/Sliders, Costa Fabrications Front Bumper, Rigid D2 Low/Hi beam
    1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - 2" Alcan springs, 10" travel Gabriel shocks, 30" Yokohama AT/S
    2006 Evo 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb
    2000 Civic - B18C swap (Acura Integra GSR engine, transmission, ECU, Axles, shift linkage)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
    Beautiful rig. I haven't gotten up close to a 200 series before so I'm excited to see you out on the trail.
    Than you. Iím hoping this is my 20 year rig, so Iím trying to build right for the long term. Fingers crossed.

Your WK2 was nice, I'm eager to see where this goes for sure.
    1992 RRC Alpine White "Grover" - Gone
    1988 Defender 90 Black "Ralph"- Gone
    2006 LR3 Tonga Green "Greenie"- Gone
    1988 RRC Portofino Red "Randy"
    1992 RRC Eastnor Green "Rocket"
    2000 DII Oxford Pearl Blue Metallic "R2"

Itís gonna be a big weekend for the Cruiser

Looks good! (Hidden winch mount and roof rack?)
    1996 Landcruiser, 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo Grunter, Dawes Boost Controller - 23psi, front/rear ARB lockers, ARB rear bumper, Slinky/Icon 3", Wholesale automatics A442f Extreme, 35" Duratracs, home built aluminum belly skid/Sliders, Costa Fabrications Front Bumper, Rigid D2 Low/Hi beam
    1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - 2" Alcan springs, 10" travel Gabriel shocks, 30" Yokohama AT/S
    2000 Civic - B18C swap (Acura Integra GSR engine, transmission, ECU, Axles, shift linkage)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
    Looks good! (Hidden winch mount and roof rack?)
    Yup- and CB and Redarc brake controller.

Nice!

All installed.

At this pace you'll definitely be ready for October. I have an upgrade as well but, I am keeping mine a secret till then.....

Democratik Peoples Republik of Massachusetts

Great looking LC. If ecgreen does another yota run this fall you should bring it so we can all drool over it. Are you going to leave the AHC or remove it?
    07 FJ Cruiser -Built for expeditions to daycare and the mall
    11 T4R - Soccer Mom White
    92 toyota pickup - #1 choice of transportation for militants worldwide

Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Great looking LC. If ecgreen does another yota run this fall you should bring it so we can all drool over it. Are you going to leave the AHC or remove it?
    Thanks- Iím still working. Rhino is all accessorized and my Slee sliders are shipping!

I thought AHC was only a Lexus thing. Guess I missed it if I have it.
    Suspension stays stock for now. Iíll see how it goes on the trails this summer.

Iíd love to come to a Toyota event.

Couple recent while loading up the rack. Still need the boards, but the box had to get fit first to see exactly where to put them.

Democratik Peoples Republik of Massachusetts

I thought all 200s had AHC. I could be wrong, might just be an option. Do you have the option to adjust the vehicle height?
    07 FJ Cruiser -Built for expeditions to daycare and the mall
    11 T4R - Soccer Mom White
    92 toyota pickup - #1 choice of transportation for militants worldwide

Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    I thought all 200s had AHC. I could be wrong, might just be an option. Do you have the option to adjust the vehicle height?
    No height adjustment