Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: House Fire Help

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Unhappy

Update to my extended family:

Still not back in our place, nor found a new place to live that is reasonably priced, as it is so expensive up here because of the college and hospital. Though the new new new estimate is for tomorrow to be able to move back in, which is sort of a good thing because the garage/shop stuff is all still there.

Our clothes should be back from the cleaners soon as well.

Homeowners is not covering any of our things, so we need to go shopping for a new mattress tonight. I do have offers of good used mattresses(thanks again), but they are all several hours away, thus too much time and gas right now. Plus we both would prefer to start fresh there with a brand new one anyways. Just in case, I do have an air mattress if need be for now.

Erin wants a brand new sofa couch because she does not want to deal with previously owned issues like odors, stains, etc. and is picky about pattern as well as style. The apartment is small, so we also have a limited amount of room(width) to fit one. If anyone has a lead on a very good to excellent condition/practically like new unit, that is close by, please let me know and I will try and steer here that way. I know Paul did offer to help in this department, but that was way down in Keene, so we are hoping to possibly find something quite a bit closer to save precious time and money. We did stop in to the Listen(yes that is it's name) store up here, which is like this areas Goodwill/Salvation Army/second hand shop, but did not find anything at that time to her liking.

That is all for the moment. Thanks again for all the support!
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not.
    ~Shawn(the correct spelling ;)

If she wasn't as picky about sofas I could probably hook you up with something used. I'm in the opposite situation, downsizing from a house to an apartment, so I'm looking to get rid of a bunch of stuff. I'm not very nearby, either, though could travel. If you have other needs, let me know. Anything to avoid the dumpster...

MappingNH Trail Scout

Quote Originally Posted by KJ1H View Post
    If she wasn't as picky about sofas I could probably hook you up with something used. I'm in the opposite situation, downsizing from a house to an apartment, so I'm looking to get rid of a bunch of stuff. I'm not very nearby, either, though could travel. If you have other needs, let me know. Anything to avoid the dumpster...
    Sorry to read that, and ya definitely not close either, which is the problem living way up here. She is definitely pickier than I am, but if you got a picture of it....
    Will post up if we find out we need more.
    Thank you for the offer and quick response though!
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not.

Dude! I just saw this! So sorry and hope you guys settle in somewhere soon.

Paul thanks for sharing the link!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Steve
    2010 Jeep JKU - Body Armor Front Skid/Rancho D30 Diff Slider/Tailgate Hi-Lift Mount/Smittybilt Rock Steps/Lou's Exhaust/AEV D44 Slider/AEV 2.5" DualSport Coil Lift/KC Trail Lights/Treadwright Guarddog 32's/Rancho Oil Pan Armor/JKS Quicker Discos/F&R LCA skids/Pavement Ends Frt Bumper/Superwinch 8500/Teraflex 1/2" Front Spacers/Oylmpic Rear Bumper/Clutch Bypass Mod/XRC Side Flares/Yukon 4.11 Gears/Centerforce I/National TOB/Sunrider for Hardtop

MappingNH Trail Scout

Quote Originally Posted by drinnt View Post
    Dude! I just saw this! So sorry and hope you guys settle in somewhere soon. Paul thanks for sharing the link!
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No problem Steve and thanks for caring. We just got back in, but it has not been easy, still cleaning and trying to find the time to deal with all the issues. Trying to find a couch that Erin likes and does not "break the bank" has been a concern as well. Hope we can get back to our lives soon, as it has been over two months of this crap.

I just saw this and I don't know if you're still looking at mattresses. BUT, we bought 2 mattresses off of Amazon last year for the cabin. They were under $200 and came compressed in a box. We just opened the box and let them sit for 24 hours and they have been really comfortable. We also bought an inexpensive couch off of Amazon. It came in a few large pieces that we had to assemble. Again, we're happy with it and it has held up to VRBO rental use so far.
    1996 Landcruiser, 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo Grunter, Dawes Boost Controller - 23psi, front/rear ARB lockers, ARB rear bumper, Slinky/Icon 3", Wholesale automatics A442f Extreme, 35" Duratracs, home built aluminum belly skid/Sliders, Costa Fabrications Front Bumper, Rigid D2 Low/Hi beam
    1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - 2" Alcan springs, 10" travel Gabriel shocks, 30" Yokohama AT/S
    2006 Evo 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb
    2000 Civic - B18C swap (Acura Integra GSR engine, transmission, ECU, Axles, shift linkage)

MappingNH Trail Scout

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
    I just saw this and I don't know if you're still looking at mattresses. BUT, we bought 2 mattresses off of Amazon last year for the cabin. They were under $200 and came compressed in a box. We just opened the box and let them sit for 24 hours and they have been really comfortable. We also bought an inexpensive couch off of Amazon. It came in a few large pieces that we had to assemble. Again, we're happy with it and it has held up to VRBO rental use so far.
    We ended up getting a mattress, but are indeed looking for a couch still. We never knew of those take apart style sofas until a visit to Allard's near us. We both liked the fact that it could be carried up to our small apartment easier being in smaller and lighter pieces. Just unsure of how the cushions would hold up over time, though we don't use them as much as some Americans ;)