Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Lumpskie's Diesel Land Cruiser Build

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    Nice, glad its working out!

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Bob!
    1996 Landcruiser, 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo Grunter, Dawes Boost Controller - 23psi, front/rear ARB lockers, ARB rear bumper, Slinky/Icon 3", Wholesale automatics A442f Extreme, 35" Duratracs, home built aluminum belly skid/Sliders, Costa Fabrications Front Bumper, Rigid D2 Low/Hi beam
    1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - 2" Alcan springs, 10" travel Gabriel shocks, 30" Yokohama AT/S
    2006 Evo 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb
    2000 Civic - B18C swap (Acura Integra GSR engine, transmission, ECU, Axles, shift linkage)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
    LoL! There's the difference between a hardcore rock crawler and my daily driver. (I won't mention that my Wagoneer doesn't get much better mileage and it is rolling on 30s....)
    Hey, I daily drive the TJ when the weather is nice!

I wouldn't call it a "hardcore crawler", more like "purpose-built" lol.

My ZJ with something like a 2" lift on 30's also has a Magnum V8 and it's not much better. Biggest problem is I live .6 miles from work so I rarely do any highway driving.
    '99 TJ, 5.9L Magnum V8, Atlas-4, Waggy 44s, Custom link susp F/R, 37" Pitbulls, etc etc etc, OMG what happened to all of my money?
    She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

New Hotness: '06 Dodge 2500,
    5.7 Hemi, sitting on LT315/70r/17 Nittos, way too nice for me

'97 ZJ, 2" spacer lift on 30's, 'The Beater' - SOLD

KC1KAX

I ordered what I thought was the Thailand made oil filter from Amazon... got a Japan 90915-30002 instead! Win.

Decided to dig into my turn signals so I cut up the spare housing I had. I cut and bent some poly-carbonate to make a shallow housing. The plan is to mount an LED turn signal to the poly-carbonate.

Without the protective paper... I'll spray the inside with silver once I RTV everything together.

Sloppy side... turns out I didn't need to cut out as much as I thought. Oh well... should work when finished.
    1996 Landcruiser, 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo Grunter, Dawes Boost Controller - 23psi, front/rear ARB lockers, ARB rear bumper, Slinky/Icon 3", Wholesale automatics A442f Extreme, 35" Duratracs, home built aluminum belly skid/Sliders, Costa Fabrications Front Bumper, Rigid D2 Low/Hi beam
    1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - 2" Alcan springs, 10" travel Gabriel shocks, 30" Yokohama AT/S
    2000 Civic - B18C swap (Acura Integra GSR engine, transmission, ECU, Axles, shift linkage)

Made the other stubby turn signal housing with more overlap than the first. I ordered some simple LED turn signals from Amazon and they should get here late this week.

I made more progress on my turn signal housings.

I cut a hole for the wires to pass through

Here's what the LED turn signals look like mounted

Then I RTV'd everything together to seal them up in the rear

Here's a test fit:

Signal off

Signal on

Nice, those came out good

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Gone now :( -2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2" BB, 4.88's, TT F&R, 33x10.5 km2's, xrc8 winch, uniden pro xl520 cb, 4' wilson
    Gone now too :( -2008 Rubicon, uniden pro xl520 cb, 5' wilson Silver Load, JCR engine skid, JCR evap skid
    Present-2012 JK Sahara-KO2's plus neat stock stuff

Buy a Gazetteer

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    Nice, those came out good

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Thanks Bob! They have 1 wheeling trip and one car wash under their belt. Not water intrusion. I'm happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
    Thanks Bob! They have 1 wheeling trip and one car wash under their belt. Not water intrusion. I'm happy with that.
    Can't beat that then. Mine had water straight from the factory lol

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
    Gone now :( -2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2" BB, 4.88's, TT F&R, 33x10.5 km2's, xrc8 winch, uniden pro xl520 cb, 4' wilson
    Gone now too :( -2008 Rubicon, uniden pro xl520 cb, 5' wilson Silver Load, JCR engine skid, JCR evap skid
    Present-2012 JK Sahara-KO2's plus neat stock stuff

Buy a Gazetteer

I made more progress on the Cruiser this weekend. After installing my PDI intercooler with the integrated transmission cooler, my front grill didn't fit quite right. My relocated horns and the transmission cooler lines touched my grill and made it stick out in the middle. I had to zip tie it to hold it on because of this interference. I ground down the grill with a dremel and made clearance this weekend. It's not held on with screws and no zip ties!

You can see how it was before (kind of) here. This middle of the grill stuck out

Here's the after

I need to reapply my plastidip but you can see the ground down areas and the transmission cooler lines here

It's not beautiful, but at least it works. When I get my new grill, I'll copy where I ground this one. But, I'll use a die grinder or something with a larger radius to make the work cleaner.

I got replacement U-Joints for my front driveshaft, from Cruiser Outfitters. Now, I just need the time to pull the driveshaft and have the u-joints replaced.

Did a differential drain/refill yesterday. I used the opportunity to switch the standard drain/fill plugs for the Wits End allen key setup.

Here's why allen keys are handy in the drain. I had to use a hammer and chisel to clean that up a bit.

New drain plug did't require a socket on the outside, so clearance was much easier.

Also, for about a month now, my stereo head unit has been broken... putting out no sound. After trouble shooting a bit and talking with Pioneer, it sounded like the integrated circuit within the deck might be bad. Repair would have cost as much as I purchased the deck for so, despite being a fix-it type guy, I bought a new deck. I got a Kenwood ddx 8905s for a decent price. One cool feature the new deck has is Android Auto (also has Apple car play). Has anyone used Android auto much? I like that I can display Google maps on my screen now. But, other than that, I haven't found anything terribly impressive about it. (maybe that's because I'm not really into all the voice activated stuff?)

Here's my maps setup now... it is nicer than looking at a phone