Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Taco Thread!

Default Taco Thread!

I'm interested in having a thread dedicated to Tacoma's (or even Toyota's in general.) Be it Tech questions/tips/mods or builds. Is there any interest in this and/or enough people with Yota's. I would love a place to discuss wheel options, mods, maintenance questions and what have you.

Thanks

Sounds good to me!
    "I hope you get hit by a goose, right in the sway bar!" -anon

2015 Tacoma Access 4-banger (aka 'Scratchy') -> 285/75r16 Grabber ATX, FJC wheels, 3" OME 887s/full dakar pack, CBI sliders and full skids, Pelfreybilt Hybrid bumper, ****tybilt 9.5 XRC winch, sway bar go by bye, ARB on-board air, many many zip-tie
    1989 Ford Bronco II (aka 'Babe the Blue Pig') -> 31x10.5r15 Cheap ATs, 1.5" lift (RC coils/shocks and WULF shackles), 2.9l hamster-power, Blue Pig sticker mod

Taco up!!!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yes! I would also enjoy this.

Well lets see your Tacos! I'll start...here is mine. 2015 access cab. Haven't done too much to her yet. CBI sliders, 235/85r16 STT Pros on FJC wheels and a Uniden CB. Up next is an OME lift with 887s and dakar leaf springs. After that is a full set of skids.

Here is a pic on last years freeze run (pre-slider install)

2015 Tacoma Access 4-banger (aka 'Scratchy') -> 285/75r16 Grabber ATX, FJC wheels, 3" OME 887s/full dakar pack, CBI sliders and full skids, Pelfreybilt Hybrid bumper, ****tybilt 9.5 XRC winch, sway bar go by bye, ARB on-board air, many many zip-tie
    1989 Ford Bronco II (aka 'Babe the Blue Pig') -> 31x10.5r15 Cheap ATs, 1.5" lift (RC coils/shocks and WULF shackles), 2.9l hamster-power, Blue Pig sticker mod

Not a Tacoma, but it's got a 3.4...

respect your elders!

Quote Originally Posted by WKDTOM View Post
    Not a Tacoma, but it's got a 3.4...

respect your elders!
    That'll do! Love the tube bumper

Are those 35s?

Nope, 33x10.50. They just look big on a little truck.

edit! 33s not 31, phone autocorrect.
    Last edited by WKDTOM; 03-31-2016 at 08:51 AM.

Cool

WKDTOM- Great build man, loved reading thru. I'm sure I've seen you around as I'm in ManchVegas too.

I tried uploading some pics earlier but for whatever reason it didn't like them, I'll try again. I have a silver 2005 Tacoma Access Cab w/ TRD Off-Road package.

Glad people are interested in this!!

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPeelOut View Post
    WKDTOM- Great build man, loved reading thru. I'm sure I've seen you around as I'm in ManchVegas too.

I tried uploading some pics earlier but for whatever reason it didn't like them, I'll try again. I have a silver 2005 Tacoma Access Cab w/ TRD Off-Road package.

Glad people are interested in this!!
    I wouldn't be surprised, I usually look for a wave from the 4x4 looking Tacos I see and I'm around Manchester every day.

Here's another, my buddy has a 1993 basic pickup and I've been showing him the local stuff. He'll be moving up here from RI this year. This truck has done "The Three Bears", "Lazy Hollow", and the Peak trail in Henniker without any modifications (stock size AT2s). Recently ran "VW Hill" and "The Hills Have Eyes" with 31s.

Thumbs up Tacos

2010 2.7 4x4 access cab here

Currently sitting on stock springs with Billy 5100's set at .85, 265/70/16 grabber at2's
    New 4 pack leaf springs courtesy of Toyota
    And a galaxy DX979 with a 60-some odd inch whip sitting on the tool box

Here's me...

Attached Images Attached Images

Then

Now

Bobbed on Sway Away Coilovers
    Skids/Armor/XD9000i/4.56 Locked Rear
    Sway Away Coilovers/ 33x10.5 KM2/ Bobbed bed

Quote Originally Posted by GregW View Post
    Then

Now

Bobbed on Sway Away Coilovers
    What do you think of the sway aways? How much lift do they give you?

I like them better then the Bilstein 5100 and OME 882's. On the street I used to activate the ABS all the time but not anymore with the SAW's. As for lift, I haven't tried to really crank them up. I think my springs are sagging and need to be replaced. I'd say I'm currently running an inch over stock height to clear 33's.
    Skids/Armor/XD9000i/4.56 Locked Rear
    Sway Away Coilovers/ 33x10.5 KM2/ Bobbed bed