Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Everyday WJ

Jeepin is offline Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Project Lead
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Default The Everyday WJ

Made a purchase this weekend...

I needed an all around daily driver / wheeler that I could rely on, you might recognize this rig from another member on ENH.

Took it on the maiden voyage, goes great in the woods, needs some adjustable control arms to correct the front pinion angle for the road, but otherwise its pretty solid.

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WJ) Overland
    4.7L H.O. V8, 97k miles
    Factory navigation, heated leather, sunroof, rock rails, skid plates, tow package, etc...

Current build specs:

3" Old Man Emu coil lift
    3/4" pucks
    Bilstein shocks
    JKS adjustable track bar
    Addco sway bars
    Sway bar quick disconnects
    Fawkes Minimax front recovery system
    Detours USA rear d-ring mounts
    6" IPF lights on front bull bar
    JK Rubicon rims painted black
    32" Goodyear Duratracs
    Rola roof rack (removed for now, wont fit in my tiny garage)
    Custom summer safari doors

Future plans:

Adjustable control arms
    Dont spend a bunch of money
    Go wheeling

Pics:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140929_080507.jpg 
Views:	668 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	21168   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140929_080519.jpg 
Views:	679 
Size:	135.4 KB 
ID:	21169   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140929_080541.jpg 
Views:	673 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	21170   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140927_172416.jpg 
Views:	666 
Size:	172.1 KB 
ID:	21171   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140927_172447.jpg 
Views:	600 
Size:	153.4 KB 
ID:	21172  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140927_172537.jpg 
Views:	666 
Size:	122.7 KB 
ID:	21173   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00505_klXbSRg4jOg_600x450.jpg 
Views:	682 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	21174   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00505_kpfJNUEVhjR_600x450.jpg 
Views:	617 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	21175  
    /_/[]||||||[]\_\
    Crawler: 90' YJ, 4.0L, 35x13.5 BFG Krawlers, MT Wheels, Coyote Double Beadlocks, SOA Lift, Shackle Reversal, HP D30, Ford 8.8, Aussie Locked F&R, Rocky Road OTT Steering, SYE, Bilstein Shocks, XRC8 Winch, Full Cage, Armor and Dents.
    (Oo\||||||/oO)
    Daily Driver / Overlander: 04 WJ Overland, 4.7L HO, 3 OME Lift, 1 Spacers, 32 Duratracs, JK Wheels, Bilstein Shocks, Superwinch, Fawkes Minimax / Detours Recovery, Rola Roof Rack, Safari Doors.

That's the best looking rig you've owned and no doubt the best running one. I love the look of that WJ and am excited to see it up close.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

Nice rig man.
    Can't wait to see it this Sunday.

13 JKR

How about some real skid plates?

MappingNH Project Lead
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Quote Originally Posted by FSHJNKY View Post
    That's the best looking rig you've owned and no doubt the best running one. I love the look of that WJ and am excited to see it up close.
    Coby completely agrees (which means I do too). Thanks Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenXL View Post
    Nice rig man.
    Can't wait to see it this Sunday.
    Thanks! It will be there... I ordered up CB radio parts to put in before this weekend too.
    /_/[]||||||[]\_\
    Crawler: 90' YJ, 4.0L, 35x13.5 BFG Krawlers, MT Wheels, Coyote Double Beadlocks, SOA Lift, Shackle Reversal, HP D30, Ford 8.8, Aussie Locked F&R, Rocky Road OTT Steering, SYE, Bilstein Shocks, XRC8 Winch, Full Cage, Armor and Dents.
    (Oo\||||||/oO)
    Daily Driver / Overlander: 04 WJ Overland, 4.7L HO, 3 OME Lift, 1 Spacers, 32 Duratracs, JK Wheels, Bilstein Shocks, Superwinch, Fawkes Minimax / Detours Recovery, Rola Roof Rack, Safari Doors.

MappingNH Project Lead
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Quote Originally Posted by NOAHVT View Post
    How about some real skid plates?
    A good idea for sure, the factory ones probably cant take much abuse but they are better than nothing, ill have to see whats out there. I need to get some diff guards for it too...
    /_/[]||||||[]\_\
    (Oo\||||||/oO)

That is IFS isn't it? Welcome to the dark side hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepin View Post
    A good idea for sure, the factory ones probably cant take much abuse but they are better than nothing, ill have to see whats out there. I need to get some diff guards for it too...
    Check out Valhalla Fabrication for your rear diff truss/skid. They're the only ones who make anything for it unless you have something custom built. The Dana 44a is a weird rear axle... ask me how I know. lol. You'll definitely want to protect it as the diff housing is aluminum.
    Big Jeep - 1998 ZJ Grand Cherokee 5.2 V8, NP242 ESY transfer case swap, Dana 44A rear axle protected by Mountain Vista Fabrication skid plate, Spartan front locker, reinforced uni-body rails, custom boxed steel rock sliders doubling as air tanks, 5.5" Long Arm lift, 1" DOM crossover steering with Heim joints, 33x10.5R15 BFG Mud Terrain tires, 12000lb Badlands winch.
    Little Jeep - 1997 ZJ Grand Cherokee, 4.0 I6. Completely stock.
    Kermit - 1970 Jeep J-2500 pickup

Nope, the WK (05-2010) was the first generation of Grands to have IFS. The WJ (99-04) came stock with a D30 up front and a 3-linked D44a in the rear.
    Big Jeep - 1998 ZJ Grand Cherokee 5.2 V8, NP242 ESY transfer case swap, Dana 44A rear axle protected by Mountain Vista Fabrication skid plate, Spartan front locker, reinforced uni-body rails, custom boxed steel rock sliders doubling as air tanks, 5.5" Long Arm lift, 1" DOM crossover steering with Heim joints, 33x10.5R15 BFG Mud Terrain tires, 12000lb Badlands winch.
    Little Jeep - 1997 ZJ Grand Cherokee, 4.0 I6. Completely stock.
    Kermit - 1970 Jeep J-2500 pickup

MappingNH Project Lead
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bigshot View Post
    Nope, the WK (05-2010) was the first generation of Grands to have IFS. The WJ (99-04) came stock with a D30 up front and a 3-linked D44a in the rear.
    Noah i am very glad you are wrong on that one haha. Solid axle!! Sorry I cant join your limited ability group ;P. The 4.7 V8 came with the D44a rear as Matt said too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bigshot View Post
    Check out Valhalla Fabrication for your rear diff truss/skid. They're the only ones who make anything for it unless you have something custom built. The Dana 44a is a weird rear axle... ask me how I know. lol. You'll definitely want to protect it as the diff housing is aluminum.
    Ok cool, thanks for the info.
    /_/[]||||||[]\_\
    (Oo\||||||/oO)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepin View Post
    Sorry I cant join your limited ability group ;P.
    Ok, ok, ok.... My IFS is rolling on 35's now, wanna see whose can go farther!!! #shotsfired

MappingNH Project Lead
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Ok, ok, ok.... My IFS is rolling on 35's now, wanna see whose can go farther!!! #shotsfired
    challenge accepted!

Im trying to keep this one in one piece and wheel mildly... although I do like to push the limits which is a problem I have lol. I still have the big red YJ for when i go hard.
    /_/[]||||||[]\_\
    (Oo\||||||/oO)

That's a good rig for TNHX. ;)

Wj's are becoming more and more plentiful is the trails. They're quite capable with a small lift and some aggressive tires. Good buy!

Great Jeep, after looking at the ad for this so many times, it's great to see it go to another ENH member.
    10 JKU Sahara. 2" BB, 33" Duratracs, Pure Jeep stubby, Superwinch TS9500, AEV snorkel, Smittybilt src rails, full JCRoffroad skid set, Rugged Ridge LCA and Rough Country f/r diff skids, Cobra 75 CB, JKS quick disconnects.