Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: Sugar Shacks!

Default Sugar Shacks!

Maple Syrup season in full swing! I was out last weekend to visit one of my favorite sugar shacks: Ben's in Temple NH. They were boiling away, making syrup, candy, etc.

I was wondering if others have a favorite sugar shack they like to visit this time of year. Do any of you know of good places for breakfast?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9551.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	19227  

Thanks for starting this thread. Wife wants to visit a place this weekend and I have been trying to think of a place to go. She had mentioned Temple area. I think she really wants to go to Parker's Maple Barn in Mason NH. That place is crowded.

I hit Stuart & Johns in Westmoreland on the snowmobiles last weekend, and soon be we will be making a trip north to Limlaws. http://www.limlawmaplefarm.com
    97 TJ. 4" Trail Master, 35" Krawlers, HP Dana 30 with OX air locker, HP Dana 60 with Detroit and 4.56s, 4.0l, 231 with 2wd low kit, full cage and Sawzall highline fender kit.

We go to a little roadside mom & pop operation on Rt103 in Sunapee. Good people there
    Back In Only Please

I should mention I had a really nice conversation with Ben (owner of Ben's). I had read an article about him in the paper last year and was really hoping to meet him. He took over his family business at 15! He decided that making maple syrup was what he wanted to do then, and has been working hard at it ever since. He is credited for creating a state-wide confederation of these small family businesses which used to be very competitive. He is trying to promote NH maple products to be on-par with the Vermont products. I was very impressed with him. I also found out that he and his head of sales both love to off-road with their lifted F250s. They said they have a couple of the private properties where they tap that they would be happy to take a small group and show. They seem like good people too. I think most of these places are.

Did the place in Sunapee have a restaurant? I was looking for a place where I might get breakfast. :^)

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Would rather find a good sugar mama instead ;)

Still a cool thread though :)
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not.
    ~Shawn(the correct spelling ;)

Jeepin is offline Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Project Lead
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Quote Originally Posted by BillGo View Post
    Maple Syrup season in full swing! I was out last weekend to visit one of my favorite sugar shacks: Ben's in Temple NH. They were boiling away, making syrup, candy, etc.
    I went to high school with Ben, he's a year or two younger, one of my best friends wired most of the generators for his setup. I've got a bottle of his syrup in the fridge, great stuff :) He has definitely made a great business out of it and is always doing something different with the syrup flavor.
    /_/[]||||||[]\_\
    Crawler: 90' YJ, 4.0L, 35x13.5 BFG Krawlers, MT Wheels, Coyote Double Beadlocks, SOA Lift, Shackle Reversal, HP D30, Ford 8.8, Aussie Locked F&R, Rocky Road OTT Steering, SYE, Bilstein Shocks, XRC8 Winch, Full Cage, Armor and Dents.
    (Oo\||||||/oO)
    Daily Driver / Overlander: 04 WJ Overland, 4.7L HO, 3 OME Lift, 1 Spacers, 32 Duratracs, JK Wheels, Bilstein Shocks, Superwinch, Fawkes Minimax / Detours Recovery, Rola Roof Rack, Safari Doors.