Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Romp" 2014

Default "Romp" 2014

The trip is going great. The conditions are hard with the deep heavy snow so that makes it slow along with all the different vehicles of different abilities.
    Ive heard of some damage reports rovers and jeep, and all makes and models have needed a tug or to pull cable multiple times.

Everyone is great though and its been a real good group of people.
    Jeff
    88 Suzuki Samurai SOA lift, 6.5 transfercase gearing, 32" Swampers
    2007 FJ Cruiser 6 Spd AWD 6" RCX lift- Sold will be greatly missed

Quick vid from today - small hillclimb in the RR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JLZi...ature=youtu.be

We're you breaking a new trail in the second video? If so, how much snow was there? It looked like you had no problem at all. Great video, thank you.
    10 JKU Sahara. 2" BB, 33" Duratracs, Pure Jeep stubby, Superwinch TS9500, AEV snorkel, Smittybilt src rails, full JCRoffroad skid set, Rugged Ridge LCA and Rough Country f/r diff skids, Cobra 75 CB, JKS quick disconnects.

this is the view from the iPad right now

Glad tapa talk is working again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    1992 RRC Alpine White "Grover" - Gone
    1988 Defender 90 Black "Ralph"- Gone
    2006 LR3 Tonga Green "Greenie"- Gone
    1988 RRC Portofino Red "Randy"
    1992 RRC Eastnor Green "Rocket"
    2000 DII Oxford Pearl Blue Metallic "R2"

Nice. Addison and I just ordered lunch are on the couch under blankets and watching planes until she decides to play princess and then things get crazy up in here. LOL Love the view from your ipad though. Thanks.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Thank you all! I had a great time :)

Nick has a ton of footage, as well as others, so stay tuned ;)

The ENH members there were all great, but we also made some "new" friends that we all hope to see next year.

Makes me want to get a 'Rover' now :O
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not.
    ~Shawn(the correct spelling ;)

I told Joe I am reserving his passenger seat for next year. I respect that is a Rover event and want to ride in a Rover even if it's the wrong side of the rover. LOL.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Quote Originally Posted by FSHJNKY View Post
    I told Joe I am reserving his passenger seat for next year. I respect that is a Rover event and want to ride in a Rover even if it's the wrong side of the rover. LOL.
    You might have to fight Nick over that seat ........ ;)
    Great people--you would have had a great time Paul.

Thank you Don for trying to get me to come for years, and thank you Grant for supplying a seat, and thanks to Dave and Joe for offering up hotel room space :)
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not.
    ~Shawn(the correct spelling ;)

No worries its a great time!! Im excited to see some of the vids and pics!! I took a total of 0.... Yea my bad...
    #SilverGorilla
    08 JKUR lifted skidded bumpers winch bla blah blah

Already told Joe that if he doesn't reserve the seat I will BAN him so... LOL. But to be honest I love the brotherhood and friendships of the group if I had to jump in with a perfect stranger I would gladly do it because I know that we would be friends by the end of the first trail. I can't stop talking to people about how great of a group of people we all are.

Yesterday I went to my in-laws house for a little bit to watch Addison ice skate on the tiny rink her Grandpa made for her and all I talked about was the Romp and how great of a time it must have been. They said do you know everybody that went? Wouldn't that be weird and I said heck no. The people on this forum with a the like mindedness are like none other and it would take no time for me to know everybody. They also noticed that In the last year or so I say the word FRIENDS quite a bit more often and that I am cheerier and more excited to do things and am a lot more outgoing since being on this forum. So you are right Shawn great people and I am sure I would've had a great time. But I definitely want the entire ROVER experience so I want a ROVER shotgun seat for sure.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

Default "Romp" 2014

Thanks Don, and Grant for showing me the way around, and telling me about this. I had an absolute blast. I'm extremely happy with how the old girl handled the snow.

Thanks Nick for the company and for taking all the photos and videos. Im sure he'll post some in good time, but he took tons , and that'll take time to go through.

I'll be back next for sure!
    1992 RRC Alpine White "Grover" - Gone
    1988 Defender 90 Black "Ralph"- Gone
    2006 LR3 Tonga Green "Greenie"- Gone
    1988 RRC Portofino Red "Randy"
    1992 RRC Eastnor Green "Rocket"
    2000 DII Oxford Pearl Blue Metallic "R2"

I didn't break any new trail - the RR wouldn't do it. I have a
    ton of GoPro video I need to review and post the highlights.

Thanks again to Bruce for putting on a great event :)

Well, grendaded my fan when we got there so spent Fri night fixing that
    Never had 4 low except for about an hour the whole weekend
    smoked my accessory battery after leaving my NEW electric fan on all night...
    And almost cut one of my best friend's fingers off with the above fan...

And as always, had an absolute FREAKING BLAST!!!
    Romp is a great event, really glad you guys got to come and check it out. The wheeling is great, the bar/dinner scene is a blast and hot tub RULES!!

I'm collecting pics from all over and I'll post them up in the next couple days. Glad you guys made it. Bruce is definitely limiting the non-rover component next year (to 8 or so I heard) so definitely plan ahead if you want to go.
    Grant
    2006 LR3 and 1973 ERD

Lightbulb

Hi All

First, thanks Bruce for putting on this shindig. The experience alone makes one consider the insanity that is rover ownership.

Second, thanks Joe for being a great chauffeur all weekend. Nothing quite says ENH like Winter Romp'ing with a guy you sorta met that one time a couple months ago.

Third, Paul your doctor told me it'd be better for your back to stay in a prone position so I'll rig up some hand grips on Joe's newly repositioned roof rack for ya on Romp 2015

Fourth, Big G's really is all that they say it is. After that place, next on the itinerary should be food coma on the powerline trail

Fifth, see this attachment for the damage. Apologies in advance but I have literally 1,000 pictures and hours of video. I'll be getting it online but it'd help if you'd all send my wife some flowers and chocolate because she's mad that I always come home from runs with homework

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	romp.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	18611
    -Nick
    14 KL Trailhawk
    18 JLUR

Newfoundland Trip Report