Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566676869 LastLast

Thread: Haven't got a name for it yet

Quote Originally Posted by Ivoryring View Post
    Bumper back on and license plate delete plate plated in to delete the license plate.
    Duct tape would have worked...
    --
    Agnes - 1995 Jeep Wrangler (YJ) - 4 cylinder 35" MTRs, SM465, RockTrac, 3.5" Black Diamond Suspension SUA, Ford 8.8, HPD30 w/vacuum disconnect w/4.88s, ARB lockers front and rear, front shackle reversal, rear revolvers, lotsa skids, Bullet Proof steer modified, flat belly, engine relocation, Mastercraft seats with PRP 5 point harness
    Ruby - 2016 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock Rubicon - bone stock except for Rock Hard skids, diff armor

Quote Originally Posted by NotThePainter View Post
    Duct tape would have worked...
    If it was a YJ, perhaps a cut up old license plate riveted to the tub would be good.
    -- Tundra (yes, really my name, not my truck!) - KC1DQY

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport 'Wheezy Chicken' - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer')
    1952 M38A1 'Old Swampy' - pending reassembly into mostly stock form

If it was a YJ, perhaps a cut up old license plate riveted to the tub would be good.
    MIKE
    Member: Tread Lightly
    Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest.

Mike... if you haven't seen it before, take a careful look at Paul's custom license plate bracket as seen here...

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport 'Wheezy Chicken' - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer')

What indignity is the Wheezy Chicken being subject to now? A rivnut?

It's too dark to finish so I suppose this will just be a spoiler for now.

Mike... if you haven't seen it before, take a careful look at Paul's custom license plate bracket as seen here...
    I don't mean to hijack Tundra's thread but the mounting plate is painted black because I once failed inspection for having 2 license plates on the front!
    --
    Agnes - 1995 Jeep Wrangler (YJ) - 4 cylinder 35" MTRs, SM465, RockTrac, 3.5" Black Diamond Suspension SUA, Ford 8.8, HPD30 w/vacuum disconnect w/4.88s, ARB lockers front and rear, front shackle reversal, rear revolvers, lotsa skids, Bullet Proof steer modified, flat belly, engine relocation, Mastercraft seats with PRP 5 point harness
    Ruby - 2016 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock Rubicon - bone stock except for Rock Hard skids, diff armor

I don't mean to hijack Tundra's thread but the mounting plate is painted black because I once failed inspection for having 2 license plates on the front!
    Only in NH would an inspector consider an old license plate that's folded, unreadable, and obviously used as a piece of sheet metal as "a second license plate".

It does make a pretty classy license plate bracket, it goes along with Agnes' "Queen of Bad-assery" vibe...
    Mary Anne: 1988 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36 DGEV, AX15/231, 4.11 HP-D30 & non c-clip D35 w/Truetrac, 33" KO2's, BDS 2" lift, a bunch of skid plates, Warn 9.5ti

Boomer: 1997 Ram 2500 4X4, Cummins 12V, 47RE, work in progress...

The Ancient and Honorable Society of the Leaf Spring
    Tread Lightly!
    KC1EIJ WQZJ411

Quote Originally Posted by BlueberryHill View Post
    Only in NH would an inspector consider an old license plate that's folded, unreadable, and obviously used as a piece of sheet metal as "a second license plate".
    LOL, it was a MASS inspector, the state that doesn't even care if the brakes work.
    --

LOL, it was a MASS inspector, the state that doesn't even care if the brakes work.
    Them's the priorities.

Now it makes sense. BTW; MA does check brakes, and more than just pads/shoes and park brake, if the pedal "feels" weak you fail.
    Mary Anne: 1988 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36 DGEV, AX15/231, 4.11 HP-D30 & non c-clip D35 w/Truetrac, 33" KO2's, BDS 2" lift, a bunch of skid plates, Warn 9.5ti

Boomer: 1997 Ram 2500 4X4, Cummins 12V, 47RE, work in progress...

The Ancient and Honorable Society of the Leaf Spring
    Tread Lightly!
    KC1EIJ WQZJ411

Another spoiler... That's a broken screw extractor and the hammer and drift punch used after to finish the job. Yeah, I'm starting to hate button head bolts.

Mind you this all while removing a bracket that was temp installed to drill holes. Need to be removed to paint the freshly drilled holes.

One task done - new rear Poison Spyder steel fenders.

Clear coat has been applied to the areas where the paint was scratched off during bolt removal.

In addition to the stripped button head bolt, I also couldn't drill one of the mounting holes even with 90 degree drill head and stubby bit. Oh well.

Screw extractor broken off in situ:

I also dropped a nylock nut inside the tub in the driver side tailgate area. Never found it. Hopefully it falls out harmlessly someplace.
    Last edited by Ivoryring; 07-13-2019 at 04:39 PM.

I noticed a noise when in 4wd in June when I was offroad. I thought/guessed that it was a u-joint going bad. The passenger side was replaced May of 2018 when I had my wheel bearing replaced ( https://forums.exploringnh.com/showt...695#post387695 ). So I figured I'd just throw a new driver side u-joint in (the day before a run, even). 16 hrs later, I had the Jeep back together and the problem persists.

Video demonstrating the problem - the noise from driver seat is louder than the first clip, where it can barely be heard. The noise from under the Jeep is much louder and somewhat different nature than what I hear when driving - but that's the reason to make a video. Sorry about 'sideways' - I'm using a clamp to hold the GoPro in place. Captured on the video are also dust shield noise and a squeek that I have had for years and haven't been able to figure out. The noise is a clunk/click/bump kind of noise. From the underside it almost sounds like something hitting somewhere. It seems from the driver seat to happen when turning, but this video may show otherwise.

Agnes makes that noise all the time. Your tires are rubbing on the leaf springs. :- ) Look for witness marks.

But seriously, that's a nasty sound, I hope you figure it out!
    --

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Unhappy Does not sound good, on video at least

I am sure that you don't want to read this, but I would pull the front differential cover to find your concern :(
    And I suggest doing it before driving it anymore. The damage is done, but you don't want anymore collateral damage than there probably already is.
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not.
    ~Shawn(the correct spelling ;)