Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 86

Thread: Joining MappingNH

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lowell, MA
    Posts
    2,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by higgo View Post
    Nice thanks, I never saw that before, much more detailed than stock/moderate/hard.
    1992 RRC Alpine White "Grover" - Gone
    1988 Defender 90 Black "Ralph"- Gone
    2006 LR3 Tonga Green "Greenie"- Gone
    1988 RRC Portofino Red "Randy"
    1992 RRC Eastnor Green "Rocket"
    2000 DII Oxford Pearl Blue Metallic "R2"

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    pittsfield NH
    Posts
    70

    Default

    well the big thing i have running against me is i run a full size chevy 131" wheel base i will run any thing i can get up and make the turns in with out destroying my sheet metal.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lowell, MA
    Posts
    2,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by c4boom View Post
    well the big thing i have running against me is i run a full size chevy 131" wheel base i will run any thing i can get up and make the turns in with out destroying my sheet metal.

    I've spent lots of time exploring trails in a full-size Chevy!
    1992 RRC Alpine White "Grover" - Gone
    1988 Defender 90 Black "Ralph"- Gone
    2006 LR3 Tonga Green "Greenie"- Gone
    1988 RRC Portofino Red "Randy"
    1992 RRC Eastnor Green "Rocket"
    2000 DII Oxford Pearl Blue Metallic "R2"

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lowell, MA
    Posts
    375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joemcd View Post
    I've spent lots of time exploring trails in a full-size Chevy!
    You miss the cup holders?

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lowell, MA
    Posts
    2,894

    Default Joining MappingNH

    Quote Originally Posted by XJ_Dave View Post
    You miss the cup holders?
    Almost as much as I miss the heat!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1992 RRC Alpine White "Grover" - Gone
    1988 Defender 90 Black "Ralph"- Gone
    2006 LR3 Tonga Green "Greenie"- Gone
    1988 RRC Portofino Red "Randy"
    1992 RRC Eastnor Green "Rocket"
    2000 DII Oxford Pearl Blue Metallic "R2"

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    milford
    Posts
    25

    Default

    hi im new here so sorry for the newb question. I wanna take my son on trails this spring and would like to know where hey all are. I saw on another thread that you only needed 25 posts, but on here it says different. The reason I ask is due to the fact I am only in NH every 3rd week and doing a trail run (with a truck that's no yet done) is very hard for me. Hope you can answer my question. (im no here jus for the mapping, I want to get to know others in the area) Thanks. -JJ

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dover, NH
    Posts
    6,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessejames View Post
    hi im new here so sorry for the newb question. I wanna take my son on trails this spring and would like to know where hey all are. I saw on another thread that you only needed 25 posts, but on here it says different. The reason I ask is due to the fact I am only in NH every 3rd week and doing a trail run (with a truck that's no yet done) is very hard for me. Hope you can answer my question. (im no here jus for the mapping, I want to get to know others in the area) Thanks. -JJ
    The information listed in post #1 in this thread is the most accurate. As time has passed we have changed the requirements around to try and find the best balance between open access and restricted access. The 25 post count may have been an old requirement or a requirement that was discussed but never implemented. The more we get to know you, the better your chances of meeting moderator approval, which is a necessary step for many of the possible methods to gain access to MappingNH. :)

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    milford
    Posts
    25

    Default

    awesome. do you guys like beer? haha

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Weare, NH
    Posts
    5,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessejames View Post
    awesome. do you guys like beer? haha
    Do you really need to ask? Lol.

    Welcome to ENH. Thanks to Nemo we've got quite a bit of time left before we're ready to really start wheeling again. Most runs will take place later in the year too, since some towns close their Class VI roads (trails) until as late as June 1st for mud season. So don't worry about the truck not being done... mine is still under the knife (but almost there!). Over the winter we have quite a few non-wheeling events going on if you wanted to try to make it to one of those.
    Big Jeep - 1998 ZJ Grand Cherokee 5.2 V8, NP242 ESY transfer case swap, Dana 44A rear axle protected by Mountain Vista Fabrication skid plate, Spartan front locker, reinforced uni-body rails, custom boxed steel rock sliders doubling as air tanks, 5.5" Long Arm lift, 1" DOM crossover steering with Heim joints, 33x10.5R15 BFG Mud Terrain tires, 12000lb Badlands winch.
    Little Jeep - 1997 ZJ Grand Cherokee, 4.0 I6. Completely stock.
    Kermit - 1970 Jeep J-2500 pickup

  10. #25
    Rubicon's Avatar
    Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lyme
    Posts
    14,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessejames View Post
    awesome. do you guys like beer? haha
    No[sarcasm]

    Hello and welcome :)

    You don't need a truck to be on here or even have to be in NH(we have members from all over). All you need is a computer or a smart phone and some time on here for us to get to know you and of course vise verse ;)
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not.
    ~Shawn(the correct spelling ;)

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    lowell, ma
    Posts
    15

    Default

    completed the tread lightly course, very informative. surprisingly enjoyable. looking forward to hearing back from a moderator. :)

  12. #27
    Rubicon's Avatar
    Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lyme
    Posts
    14,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jferreira24 View Post
    completed the tread lightly course, very informative. surprisingly enjoyable. looking forward to hearing back from a moderator. :)
    Keep a copy of your certificate of completion because we will need to see that.
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not.
    ~Shawn(the correct spelling ;)

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nashua,NH
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Hey shawn,did the Treadlightly on-line also,have a copy of the cert when the time comes.

  14. #29
    Rubicon's Avatar
    Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lyme
    Posts
    14,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 64wildcat View Post
    Hey shawn,did the Treadlightly on-line also,have a copy of the cert when the time comes.
    Cool Dennis :)

    Just to let everyone know, a mapping team has been assembled to help update the mapping section which Matt is feverishly working on, and sorry we do not accept any scouting reports during the winter because you can't give an accurate report when it is frozen with snow/ice covering the class VI roads, so these might be the reasons you aren't being accepted in right now, but please be patient and thank you for understanding that we will start back up with all the new applications that we have on file(so there is no need to resubmit) for trail scouts after the mud season road closures. Thanks again.
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not.
    ~Shawn(the correct spelling ;)

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Weare, NH
    Posts
    5,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Cool Dennis :)

    Just to let everyone know, a mapping team has been assembled to help update the mapping section which Matt is feverishly working on, and sorry we do not accept any scouting reports during the winter because you can't give an accurate report when it is frozen with snow/ice covering the class VI roads, so these might be the reasons you aren't being accepted in right now, but please be patient and thank you for understanding that we will start back up with all the new applications that we have on file(so there is no need to resubmit) for trail scouts after the mud season road closures. Thanks again.
    Yes we're working on re-mapping every road, since Google is 100% discontinuing the old version of Google Maps API that we were working with before. Hope the long downtime isn't turning our current scouts away from the project. It'll be back up before wheeling season!

    Shawn, when will you/other staff be approving applications again? In case people come to me. I can't approve/deny anyone but I can let them know what's going on. I'd say it would be a good idea once the maps are functioning again, since not all towns have a legal mud season.
    Big Jeep - 1998 ZJ Grand Cherokee 5.2 V8, NP242 ESY transfer case swap, Dana 44A rear axle protected by Mountain Vista Fabrication skid plate, Spartan front locker, reinforced uni-body rails, custom boxed steel rock sliders doubling as air tanks, 5.5" Long Arm lift, 1" DOM crossover steering with Heim joints, 33x10.5R15 BFG Mud Terrain tires, 12000lb Badlands winch.
    Little Jeep - 1997 ZJ Grand Cherokee, 4.0 I6. Completely stock.
    Kermit - 1970 Jeep J-2500 pickup

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •