Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cutting boggers???

The reason they don't flex well is the size of the tread blocks. Cutting them will allow them to conform to rocks better.
    98 Chevy 2500
    pro rok 60 front, rcv shafts, arb, ORD steering, 4.56
    14bff, arb, disc brakes, 4.56
    VIAIR system, 37 BFG KM 2's

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerman882000 View Post
    Ive been offered a new set of 38 TSL's for em but I want to run Boggers
    i would have done the trade in a heartbeat
    you passed up tires that are know to be good on rocks for tires that you want to work better...?

and to stick with the original posting. just do some research and cut them the way you feel would work best or what has tested best. by asking for opinions your only going to get "Boggers suck" or " sell/trade them for TSL's"

thats what I did, they worked alright

Bigtaco added 0 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

http://forums.exploringnh.com/album....pictureid=3298
    Last edited by Bigtaco; 05-03-2011 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyD View Post
    The reason they don't flex well is the size of the tread blocks. Cutting them will allow them to conform to rocks better.
    Partly. The compound is also hard and cutting won't help with that.

Update on bogger cutting.... I have had these out 3 times (I know, but I have a wife and kids). Each time they impress me even more. It might be all the rain lately but holy sh#t I love these things. I am not going to cut them yet...
    Built by me, for me. If you dont like something about, it keep it to yourself...

88 comanchee, 4.0, sm465, dana 60 chevy front, 14 bolt rear (both full width). 3 link front, 17 inch bilstein tripple rate coilovers. 42.5X13.5X17 boggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerman882000 View Post
    Update on bogger cutting.... I have had these out 3 times (I know, but I have a wife and kids). Each time they impress me even more. It might be all the rain lately but holy sh#t I love these things. I am not going to cut them yet...
    i am running a used set of 33/14.00 on 10" rims, i have run them on my tj and xj, i love them !!!!, i bought a brand new set of 33/13.50 ltbs on 10" rims, the rims are even the same color (wanted a good comparison), the ltbs are better on solid rock but like you said i have been happy with the boggers and they have a cool look, been thinking of cutting mine but didnt want to ruin resale if i wanted to move them, o yeah we have to get together and do a run again, let me know, troy nh area is a lot of fun, i know a ride for you guys but maybe worth it

I would love to get down there. Might be easier for me as I am changing jobs in a couple days. going to work at Team Oneal Rally School. Wont be working alot of weekends...
    Built by me, for me. If you dont like something about, it keep it to yourself...

88 comanchee, 4.0, sm465, dana 60 chevy front, 14 bolt rear (both full width). 3 link front, 17 inch bilstein tripple rate coilovers. 42.5X13.5X17 boggers.

I have had mixed feelings about my boggers, I bought some km2's in feb and run them daily. Ill put the boggers on acouple of times this year and see what happens. I dont think I will get rid of them got a good deal and they are nice to have as a second set.
    "Cant be scared of that skinny pedal"