Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cutting boggers???

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Some people don't like them but I can help make them even better.
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not.
    ~Shawn(the correct spelling ;)

I got a real good deal on them and want to make them work. Everytime I see em in action I am impressed. I just need to make them suit my needs better, shouldnt be hard. My buddy has a groover. just wanted some opinions before I started cutting these things.
    Built by me, for me. If you dont like something about, it keep it to yourself...

88 comanchee, 4.0, sm465, dana 60 chevy front, 14 bolt rear (both full width). 3 link front, 17 inch bilstein tripple rate coilovers. 42.5X13.5X17 boggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerman882000 View Post
    Rangerman882000 added 6 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

Thanks for the REAL replies. thats exactly the kind of info I wanted.
    But I think some people missed the first post... If i wanted to hear my tires are junk I WOULD HAVE ASKED MY WIFE.
    You come onto a forum and ask for "opinions" and that is exactly what you got...so quit your b*tc*in and go get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by shimxtr1 View Post
    You come onto a forum and ask for "opinions" and that is exactly what you got...so quit your b*tc*in and go get it done.

For those of you who didnt read the first post, I said I wanted opinions from people that have cut boggers... very simple. If you cant help me with my post then why reply? unless of course you have way to much free time or want to argue.... thanks again to those that helped.
    Built by me, for me. If you dont like something about, it keep it to yourself...

88 comanchee, 4.0, sm465, dana 60 chevy front, 14 bolt rear (both full width). 3 link front, 17 inch bilstein tripple rate coilovers. 42.5X13.5X17 boggers.

Quote Originally Posted by 1tunk5 View Post
    im happy with my boggers....
    Weren't you looking to trade them for some TSLs a while back? :hmmm:

Quote Originally Posted by higgo View Post
    Weren't you looking to trade them for some TSLs a while back? :hmmm:
    yeah i was but since im trailering most of the time now ive decided to keep running them! i was unhappy with the teeth rattling bone shaking squareness of the ride down the road!!

:banghead Boggers
    Even grooving them wont help much if you like playing on the rocks, they will just slide the rubber is to HARD. Grooving them wont make it any softer. Wasn't someone on here talking about treating there tires with stuff to make the softer not to long ago
    04 TJ Rubicon: 5.5" Clayton Long Arm, Full skids
    King adjustable shocks front 5100's rear
    Currie HD steering, JKS disconnects
    Riddlers, Q78's the list goes on....

build thread http://forums.exploringnh.com/showthread.php?t=8326

That would be why I want to groove them...

Rangerman882000 added 1 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

What about the key word swamper?

This is what I have to work with... so whats the point in showing me other tires?

Rangerman882000 added 6 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

Thanks for the REAL replies. thats exactly the kind of info I wanted.
    But I think some people missed the first post... If i wanted to hear my tires are junk I WOULD HAVE ASKED MY WIFE.
    I think the point to everyone's comments was that perhaps you might want to consider another tire. If they are what you want and you want to use them, great, don't take offense to the suggestions. But if you are looking to have a tire that will work for your desired terrain, then listen, because some of the guys that have made comments have had or have run with guys with Boggers, and even with cutting or grooving they may still not be ideal. Boggers sell pretty easy, and it would be easier to sell them uncut, if you wanted an opportunity to try something else.

But, if you do cut them, post up pics and let us know how they work.

Tim
    It's all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconMatt View Post
    Wasn't someone on here talking about treating there tires with stuff to make the softer not to long ago
    Might have been me. I got some formula V that I am going to try out. I am hoping it will turn my tired old swampers into red labels

go easy with that stuff, a little goes a long way.

Cut em up and run em. Just get out there and have fun.
    Redneck.. Blue Collar.

ExploringNH.com... N.H.'s #1 Forum For The Off Road Enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by NHstomper View Post
    Cut em up and run em. Just get out there and have fun.
    Agreed, I think the bogger is a little underated. I would never run them out west where it's all rock but around here where the tails are loose dirt and mud mixed in with a little rock they can do very well.
    Putting some thought into to which way to groove them can really make the tire come alive.
    To prove this, I will groove up one set of boggers for free to any member here. On one condition that you will push them hard on the trail against other rigs running ltb's,iroks, etc to do a real world comparision. You will also have to give us updates, photo's and videos of these test.
    Let me know who would be interested.

Oh and Tom (Nhstomper) you can help me groove them since you too are such a fan of them

Quote Originally Posted by Scerb View Post
    Its not just the tread pattern that makes boggers suck, its the rubber compound. Theyre way harder than even TSL's which is why they dont flex much at all.
    That would be why I want to groove them...
    What I'm saying is that grooving isn't gonna magically make them flex good. The rubber compound they use in boggers is much harder than other tires. Grooving will obviously make them better, so if thats what you're stuck with def groove them. However, if you are really concerned about conforming to rocks your best bet is a different tire.
    ScerbFab LLC
    Offroad & Performance - Barrington, NH
    Aftermarket Parts and Accessories

(603) 309-2030
    www.scerbfab.com

I am def. gonna groove em, they may not be ideal tire but I have never owned a set and have always wanted to try them. Ive been offered a new set of 38 tsls for em but I want to run boggers. I have heard they are to hard for rocks but I dont wheel in rocks, moslty just old logging roads. If nothing else I will be able to help the next guy in my shoes... And they are real sexy looking. I will keep you guys up to date when I get them grooved and when I test em out.