Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone with a RHD vehicle?

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Lightbulb

For me, it wasn't so much driving a manual transmission RHD(that was easier to get use to than expected). It was doing so while driving on the right side of the road(merging, toll booths, drive-through's, etc.). I would think the hardest part would be driving on the "wrong" side of the road ;) Especially while driving on the "wrong" side of the vehicle, haha :)
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

Besides what's been said, the other thing to keep in mind is the turn signal and wiper stalks are reversed. In other words, to signal left, move the right stalk up. To signal right, move the right stalk down. Use the left stalk to operate the wipers.

Or, if you're from Massachusetts, don't bother using your turn signals at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ1H View Post
    Or, if you're from Massachusetts, don't bother using your turn signals at all.
    Or as it's properly known here: USE YA BLINKAH

google it, it's a thing!
    Mary Anne: 1988 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36 DGEV, AX15/231, 4.11 HP-D30 & non c-clip D35 w/Truetrac, 33" KO2's, BDS 2" lift, a bunch of skid plates, Warn 9.5ti

As yet unnamed: 1997 Ram 2500 4X4, Cummins 12V, automatic, work in progress...

The Ancient and Honorable Society of the Leaf Spring
    Tread Lightly!

KC1EIJ
    WQZJ411

MappingNH Trail Scout

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BlueberryHill View Post
    Does the fact that my first car had a crank start give it away?
    You got me beat, as mine had luxuries like a 3-speed "on the tree", floor dimmer, manual choke, with an AM(not "stereo") radio ;)
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    You got me beat, as mine had luxuries like a 3-speed "on the tree", floor dimmer, manual choke, with an AM(not "stereo") radio ;)
    Radio? Your's had one?
    Mary Anne: 1988 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36 DGEV, AX15/231, 4.11 HP-D30 & non c-clip D35 w/Truetrac, 33" KO2's, BDS 2" lift, a bunch of skid plates, Warn 9.5ti

Tread Lightly!

KC1EIJ
    WQZJ411

MappingNH Trail Scout

Talking

Radio? Your's had one?
    Okay, it was me just singing actually :p

That's what you took from that post?

Since we can only look in one direction at a time, we look in the direction of immediate concern first. That would be traffic approaching on the near side of the road that you're entering, from your left in the case of US roads. Oncoming traffic from the left is the primary concern, so we look that way FIRST, then we look to the right. That is reversed when the traffic pattern is the opposite of what we're used to.

But you know that and were just kidding, right?
    Of course, I'm being a wise arse

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by onedomino View Post
    Of course, I'm being a wise arse

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
    👍 Haha

Tread Lightly!

KC1EIJ
    WQZJ411