Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: Hey Guys

Default Hey Guys

On a recent motorcycle trip out west myself and wife drove through Colorado down the million dollar highway, found ourselves checking out all these Jeep's heading into the mountain passes in Ouray and Silverton. Sparked an interest, started watching some videos of the incredible wheeling out there and boom we are owners of a 2012 jku. Very interested in finding leagle trails to explore in New England. Any hot tips would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard! Keep an eye on the trip planning section of the forum to join in on a future run. Itís the best way to get the most from ENH.

Welcome to ENH, and congrats on the recent acquisition!

Since winter closes down most of the class 6 roads here in NH, things become a bit quiet around here, with the exception of private land trips. Folks use this time to fix and upgrade their rigs in prep for season opening come Spring.

I'd also like to mention that we run an intro to offroading course in the Spring. It is a great time to meet new and seasoned members, as well as learn the basis of offroading, recovery, and Tread Lightly.

Looking forward to meeting up on the trails!
    WAGGLER: 1999 TJ: currently in pieces.
    Build thread
    Member: Team Overbuilt
    Shop Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Flash9 View Post
    On a recent motorcycle trip out west myself and wife drove through Colorado down the million dollar highway, found ourselves checking out all these Jeep's heading into the mountain passes in Ouray and Silverton. Sparked an interest, started watching some videos of the incredible wheeling out there and boom we are owners of a 2012 jku. Very interested in finding leagle trails to explore in New England. Any hot tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've been going to Silverton and Ouray for the last 5 years. Last August I stayed in Silveton. More hotels and restaurants in Ouray and more trail heads in Silverton. Poughkeepsi Gulch is my personal favorite. Black Bear Pass is fun trail. San Juan Mts are fairly easy trails however, if your not paying attention or have a mechanical failure you die. It's a long way down.

I started going twice a year, one trip to the San Juan Mts the other to Colorado Springs and Moab.

Entrance to Black Bear Pass switchbacks

Around 13k ft on another trail

Half way down BB, structures come down but the wood stays, no termites in the Mts.

I led a group of 8-9 on Poughkeepsie Gulch trail

Up the Mt to glacial lake

I got carried away with pic posting, but its such a beautiful place to wheel I just wanted to share.
    Last edited by Posimoto; 12-07-2018 at 09:45 AM.

Awesome picks Posimoto, makes me wish we had more time to stop out there and rent a Jeep. Mitch i'll keep my eye out for that class, thanks.

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Cool

Hello and welcome!
    Amazing pictures, so thank you for sharing :)
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

wow, love the pics. One will get out there. Welcome aboard, get ready for mud :)
    Back In Only Please

welcome to exploringnh !

Amazing pictures ,thank you for sharing and making me want to even more !

Looks like pictures from a book

Been watching Life Style overland on YouTube ,looks like an area they were in
    Scott / Team Jeep crawl

1997 Jeep TJ ,4 inch rough county x- series lift ,tom woods drive shafts with SYE ,BFG KM 2 33s ,smittybilt bumpers,rock-rails ,winch,skid plates ,stinkys off road full roll cage , ARB snorkel along/ with a few outer moderate add ons ,with a bunch of gear / tools for some moderate class six adventures ...with a Bantam Trailer, for those overland adventures.

Member of : Tread Lightly

Leave no trace / carry out more then you carry in