Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: Really advance planning thoughts: Next year, a Biathlon?

Default Really advance planning thoughts: Next year, a Biathlon?

At dinner after Freeze, there was talk of doing a few different styles of run, to add interest to our hobby.

Glenn and I were tossing the idea of a biathlon back and forwards, so I'm putting it up here for discussion.

How it would work: We'd set up stations on the route(s) where there would be a range safety officer/marshal who'd supervise the shooting, record scores, and initial completed targets. At the end of the day, everyone's totals would be added up and the winner announced.

Potentially we could do this as a food pantry run -- drivers would contribute food to the pantry, shooters would put cash in the kitty. At the end of the day the highest scoring shooter would get 1/2 the cash, the food pantry would get the other half.

There are some interesting logistics and legalities to work out, so... thoughts and suggestions?
    ----
    The Rolling Living Room -- '06 Land Rover LR3. Stock, but still capable :coola

Sort of but exactly not quite like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GByq...ature=youtu.be
    ----
    The Rolling Living Room -- '06 Land Rover LR3. Stock, but still capable :coola

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Cool

Funny I was just thinking about this Jay, though the real thing on skis, but your idea is cool too, and can be done during the warmer spring-fall months instead :)
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Funny I was just thinking about this Jay, though the real thing on skis, but your idea is cool too, and can be done during the warmer spring-fall months instead :)
    I'm pretty sure that the Rolling Living Room does NOT have a "Deploy Skis" button.
    --
    Agnes - 1995 Jeep Wrangler (YJ) - 4 cylinder 35" MTRs, SM465, RockTrac, 3.5" Black Diamond Suspension SUA, Ford 8.8, HPD30 w/vacuum disconnect w/4.88s, ARB lockers front and rear, front shackle reversal, rear revolvers, lotsa skids, Bullet Proof steer modified, Mastercraft seats with PRP 5 point harness
    Ruby - 2016 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock Rubicon - bone stock except for Rock Hard skids, diff armor

There are some "primitive biathlons" up here... snowshoes (bent wood and rawhide, please!), and flintlocks.

I would love to do this and I know several others that would too!
    2004 Ford Ranger 4.0 - Salvage vehicle bought for cheap, currently stock.
    2011 Mustang 3.7 - 3.55s, Lowered ~1", Shorty SS Headers, SS Cat-Back, AIRAID CAI, Tune.