Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taco down!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kc88 View Post
    All I know is Iím not paying anything. My insurance cost company even waived my deductible !!
    That's great service. Some would fight you because of the aftermarket parts, even though they saved the truck (and you).

Care to name your insurer and give them a boost?

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Thumbs up

That is good news. Again, I wish good luck with the rest of the process, as it hopefully goes smoothly for you.
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

Wow! Glad to hear you are ok and the repair process is moving fairly smoothly.
    Mike

2009 Taco access cab. Mods: Airaid intake, Magnaflow exhaust, diif breather extended, Budbuilt skid plates, SOS Concept Sliders, SOS Rear Bumper, SOS Front Plate Bumper, OME 3" lift.
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R with Two Brothers exhaust and Juice Box.

Wow glad to see youíre alright! Iím surprised a 40mph hit didnít light your airbags!
    -Nick
    14 JKUR - Sold
    15 JKUR - Sold
    14 KL Trailhawk
    18 JLUR

Newfoundland Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by MassMopar View Post
    Wow glad to see youíre alright! Iím surprised a 40mph hit didnít light your airbags!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I got the news today. My truck is a total loss! After removing the fenders more damar was found. Frame is junk. I spent all day today pulling off 2500.00 worth of mods that will be going on my new Tacoma next spring. I just want to say I had a great time wheeling with ENH this year! I look forward to another build and to do some wheeling with everyone next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc88 View Post
    Well I got the news today. My truck is a total loss! After removing the fenders more damar was found. Frame is junk. I spent all day today pulling off 2500.00 worth of mods that will be going on my new Tacoma next spring. I just want to say I had a great time wheeling with ENH this year! I look forward to another build and to do some wheeling with everyone next season.

TAPS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A whisper from the trees.....*buy a second gen*
    "I hope you get hit by a goose, right in the sway bar!"
    -anon

2015 Tacoma Access 4-banger (aka 'Scratchy') -> 255/85r16 ST Maxx, FJC wheels, 3" OME 887s/full dakar pack, CBI sliders and full skids, Pelfreybilt Hybrid bumper, ****tybilt 9.5 XRC winch, sway bar go by bye, ARB on-board air, many many zip-tie

1989 Ford Bronco II (yet to be named) -> Stock except for blown head gasket mod

Quote Originally Posted by ecgreen View Post
    A whisper from the trees.....*buy a Frontier*
    there ya go, Sean... FIFY

Kevin, I hope they treat you fairly and at least cover the purchase price of all the parts that can't be salvaged... (hope you still have your stock rims...) If you need a set of 265/75r16 tires so you can keep the MTs, let me know (assuming those treads are mostly new).

Between how cars are made today and how the insurance companies operate, I was afraid this might happen. In the grand scheme, with as hard of a hit it must have been to shove that slab of steel ARB like it did, I figured it was done.

And like Sean said, go older than newer. At least even the 18Tacos still don't have a giant iPad of an integrated infotainment to fail in 5 yrs and force the truck into limp mode... too many new cars are too dependent on a glass cockpit. That only works on airplanes because they're worth millions and backed with budgets in the billions.
    -TYLER - - Illegitimi non carborundum - -
    '14 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 V6 Auto
    -3" lift with Nisstec MK84 coilovers & OME leafs, HeftyFab skids & Whiteknuckle sliders, WARN Winch & bumper, 32" Duratracs

Horrible Kevin. Sorry to hear this but better to find out this way instead of after a failure.

I would recommend fighting for every single penny plus some. You shouldn't have to pay for anything to get yourself into a truck that is exactly the same if not better.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

Quote Originally Posted by mtyler11 View Post
    there ya go, Sean... FIFY

Kevin, I hope they treat you fairly and at least cover the purchase price of all the parts that can't be salvaged... (hope you still have your stock rims...) If you need a set of 265/75r16 tires so you can keep the MTs, let me know (assuming those treads are mostly new).

Between how cars are made today and how the insurance companies operate, I was afraid this might happen. In the grand scheme, with as hard of a hit it must have been to shove that slab of steel ARB like it did, I figured it was done.

And like Sean said, go older than newer. At least even the 18Tacos still don't have a giant iPad of an integrated infotainment to fail in 5 yrs and force the truck into limp mode... too many new cars are too dependent on a glass cockpit. That only works on airplanes because they're worth millions and backed with budgets in the billions.
    Thanks Tyler. The stock Wheels are beat up pretty good, so Iím not to concerned about them. The Cooper Mts have 20, 000 on them. I donít have the time to salvage them.

Quote Originally Posted by FSHJNKY View Post
    Horrible Kevin. Sorry to hear this but better to find out this way instead of after a failure.

I would recommend fighting for every single penny plus some. You shouldn't have to pay for anything to get yourself into a truck that is exactly the same if not better.
    Thanks a Paul. The insurance company told yesterday that my settlement will de 28,500.00 for the truck. I was told that modifications cost not included. I have almost all my mods off. The only thing left to take off are the Spc upper control arms, the rear shocks, and the leaf springs. Iím going to take the upper control arms off tonight after work and if I have time Iíll take the rear shocks off and put the stock ones back on. I wonít have time to swap the rear leafs out. They are coming for the truck on Friday. Iím keeping the ARb bumper. The bumper itself is barley damaged. I will have to purchase a complete fit kit from ARB for 600.00 to refurbish it. That includes mounting hardware, brackets,all the plastic trim parts , fog lights and signal lights. My Warn 12 s survived so that will be going back on. Speaking of which. The body shop put the truck in my driveway on Tuesday night. They put everything in the back of the truck. When I got home I noticed the winch was not there. I went down the shop and told them I want my winch. They had it stached in a back room in a plastic crate. Iím like really. Nice try. I do have GAP insurance on my truck so Iím covered for the balance of my loan. I think itís a good deal. Considering I was able to recover most my mods.

That really sucks they won't cover aftermarket parts. I remember hearing there was an insurer that Did cover modded parts (maybe not labor) Anyone know? Could try arguing that if they don't cover (even if its a special exception) that you'll take your business elsewhere.... ? Sucks that it happened and sucks more they won't make you whole. At least you're saving half on the bumper...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    -TYLER - - Illegitimi non carborundum - -
    '14 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 V6 Auto
    -3" lift with Nisstec MK84 coilovers & OME leafs, HeftyFab skids & Whiteknuckle sliders, WARN Winch & bumper, 32" Duratracs

I couldn't help myself, but it fit's Kevin!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The_New_Kevin.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	32472  
    2016 Rubicon, RK 2.5" Lift, RK steering stabilizer, Metalcloak Skids, FOX 2 Shocks, 35" DuraTrac, Bushwacker Fenders, Spider Diff covers, TeraFlex HD Trackbars, Cobra 75 CB, RI LED HD, Firestick2, Superwinch, GMRS "WRBS559"

Quote Originally Posted by mjm2167 View Post
    I couldn't help myself, but it fit's Kevin!

lol!!!! Thatís funny. Nice work Mark!