Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: Bacon to Margaritas 2018

Default Bacon to Margaritas 2018

Pictures and stories from yesterday's run.

Bacon!

Last edited by Ivoryring; 10-07-2018 at 10:45 AM.
    -- Tundra (yes, really my name, not my truck!) - KC1DQY

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer')
    1952 M38A1 'Old Swampy' - pending reassembly into mostly stock form

Great run, it was by far the largest group i have been out with... I think we had 17 rigs and ended with 19. Thats even after loosing one, but he had a spare rig. (I Still have to figure out how to pull that off!).

In any case here a video of the run, trying to capture what i had on gopro... didn't have much time to take pictures of anything else, we covered a lot of ground!

Great meeting some new folks, an as always the chatter on the CB was priceless.

https://youtu.be/WCLJU1uDQek

-Mark
    2016 Rubicon, RK 2.5" Lift, RK steering stabilizer, Metalcloak Skids, FOX 2 Shocks, 35" DuraTrac, Bushwacker Fenders, Spider Diff covers, TeraFlex HD Trackbars, Cobra 75 CB, RI LED HD, Firestick2, Superwinch, GMRS "WRBS559"

Mmmmmmm!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivoryring View Post
    Bacon!
    Thanks for starting this thread, and for all your help Saturday and the scouting parties, it's always fun running with you.
    Mary Anne: 1988 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36 DGEV, AX15/231, 4.11 HP-D30 & non c-clip D35 w/Truetrac, 33" KO2's, BDS 2" lift, a bunch of skid plates, Warn 9.5ti

Member: The Ancient and Honorable Society of the Leaf Spring

KC1EIJ
    WQZJ411

This is awesome Mark! Great editing. I'm going to point everyone that asks what to expect to this video.

Quote Originally Posted by mjm2167 View Post
    Great run, it was by far the largest group i have been out with... I think we had 17 rigs and ended with 19. Thats even after loosing one, but he had a spare rig. (I Still have to figure out how to pull that off!).

In any case here a video of the run, trying to capture what i had on gopro... didn't have much time to take pictures of anything else, we covered a lot of ground!

Great meeting some new folks, an as always the chatter on the CB was priceless.

https://youtu.be/WCLJU1uDQek

-Mark
    Mary Anne: 1988 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36 DGEV, AX15/231, 4.11 HP-D30 & non c-clip D35 w/Truetrac, 33" KO2's, BDS 2" lift, a bunch of skid plates, Warn 9.5ti

KC1EIJ
    WQZJ411

Thanks to all that came out, it was the biggest run I've ever lead; 18 rigs.

Thank you for the donations for The Community Kitchen, this was a very generous group. The total is over $400, a money order is being drafted to deliver to them, we'll post the final tally.

Special thanks to those that pitched in; planning, scouting, mapping, and just general moral support: mtyler11, ivoryring, PAC8062, and NotThePainter. You guys are awesome!

'Till next year... On to Fall Crawl and Freeze Your Gas Off!

KC1EIJ
    WQZJ411

Quote Originally Posted by BlueberryHill View Post
    Thanks to all that came out, it was the biggest run I've ever lead; 18 rigs.

Thank you for the donations for The Community Kitchen, this was a very generous group. The total is over $400, a money order is being drafted to deliver to them, we'll post the final tally.

Special thanks to those that pitched in; planning, scouting, mapping, and just general moral support: mtyler11, ivoryring, PAC8062, and NotThePainter. You guys are awesome!

'Till next year... On to Fall Crawl and Freeze Your Gas Off!
    You did a great job Glenn - both with wrangling a big group and with the fundraiser aspect of it. Thanks for leading this!
    -- Tundra (yes, really my name, not my truck!) - KC1DQY

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer')
    1952 M38A1 'Old Swampy' - pending reassembly into mostly stock form

2015 JKURHR 6MT - Rancho 4" Crawler short-arm w/RS9000XLs, Yokohama G003 35s, Quadratec AL skidplates, Smittybilt X2O 10k

Quote Originally Posted by Flash! View Post

Cool pic of Tundra in the trench
    "I hope you get hit by a goose, right in the sway bar!"
    -anon

2015 Tacoma Access 4-banger (aka 'Scratchy') -> 255/85r16 ST Maxx, FJC wheels, 3" OME 887s/full dakar pack, CBI sliders and full skids, Pelfreybilt Hybrid bumper, ****tybilt 9.5 XRC winch, sway bar go by bye, ARB on-board air, many many zip-tie

1989 Ford Bronco II (yet to be named) -> Stock except for blown head gasket mod

Had a great time, such a fun run,love wheeling in the dark!
    Wish I took some pictures! :(
    Thanks Glenn!
    2015 Rubicon

Meant to post this yesterday...

So Lillyflower and I may have set a first for an ENH event. Yeah, rigs break all the time, and Ruby broke. Her front locker was stuck on. She's on the flatbed, above, going to the Keene dealership for the warranty fix.

But did we give up? No. First we let Tyler hit the diff with a hammer. Second, we went home and got the spare, aka stunt, Jeep!

We started the run in Ruby and finished in Agnes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1188.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	32217  
    --
    Agnes - 1995 Jeep Wrangler (YJ) - 4 cylinder 35" MTRs, SM465, RockTrac, 3.5" Black Diamond Suspension SUA, Ford 8.8, HPD30 w/vacuum disconnect w/4.88s, ARB lockers front and rear, front shackle reversal, rear revolvers, lotsa skids, Bullet Proof steer modified, Mastercraft seats with PRP 5 point harness
    Ruby - 2016 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock Rubicon - bone stock except for Rock Hard skids, diff armor

Quote Originally Posted by NotThePainter View Post
    ...Her front locker was stuck on. She's on the flatbed, above, going to the Keene dealership for the warranty fix.

But did we give up? No. First we let Tyler hit the diff with a hammer. Second, we went home and got the spare, aka stunt, Jeep!

We started the run in Ruby and finished in Agnes.
    Vinny took your advice and ordered ARB's, no Rubicon axles for him.

KC1EIJ
    WQZJ411