Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: Bob's 2012 JK Sahara

Default Bob's 2012 JK Sahara

Well back to a Sahara. Got some things to do. Put my Rubicon's JW Speaker headlights in so far, and some nice pliable Jeep slush mats.
    Have a Rancho 2" Sport lift w/RS5000 shocks, a Rockhard 4x4 Factory Bumper winch plate and a Warn VR10 to install soon.
    Also have a muffler that never made it onto my Rubicon.
    Last thing on the most current list is figure out where to install my cb and antenna. I have a 5' one, so tire carrier is out. Have some ideas though...
    Gone now :( -2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2" BB, 4.88's, TT F&R, 33x10.5 km2's, xrc8 winch, uniden pro xl520 cb, 4' wilson
    Gone now too :( -2008 Rubicon, uniden pro xl520 cb, 5' wilson Silver Load, JCR engine skid, JCR evap skid
    Present-2012 JK Sahara-KO2's plus neat stock stuff

Buy a Gazetteer

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    Well back to a Sahara. Got some things to do. Put my Rubicon's JW Speaker headlights in so far, and some nice pliable Jeep slush mats.
    Have a Rancho 2" Sport lift w/RS5000 shocks, a Rockhard 4x4 Factory Bumper winch plate and a Warn VR10 to install soon.
    Also have a muffler that never made it onto my Rubicon.
    Last thing on the most current list is figure out where to install my cb and antenna. I have a 5' one, so tire carrier is out. Have some ideas though...
    Oh, here is the pile I found on the porch when I got home today

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bob; 09-14-2018 at 04:28 PM.
    Gone now :( -2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2" BB, 4.88's, TT F&R, 33x10.5 km2's, xrc8 winch, uniden pro xl520 cb, 4' wilson
    Gone now too :( -2008 Rubicon, uniden pro xl520 cb, 5' wilson Silver Load, JCR engine skid, JCR evap skid

Buy a Gazetteer

Phase 1a complete, thanks to a tonof help and wealth of knowledge from @rubicon. Shawn came by today and 5 hours later it was test drive time. Ride is night considerably better than stock Sahara, and wheelnis almost dead straight. We measured and toe also looks to be nearly OEM. Thanks so much Shawn for coming down and giving up the middle of your day, and it was great catching up at the same time!
    Oh, also got my new Amazon keys coded and cut yesterday @lambertauto in Claremont. Was hoping as you never know with aftermarket keys, but both work perfect! Only way it was going to happen as I only had 1 key to work with. Need 2 to self program. So glad they dont mind helping me out down there, awesome service team. Though the techs need some help measuring brake pad thickness lol. 5mm ha!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Buy a Gazetteer

Looking good.
    MIKE
    Member: Treadlightly
    Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest.

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Thumbs up

It was nice to catch up a bit and reminisce too, plus meet your family, so thank you Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by sptrmike View Post
    Looking good.
    It does and it rides nice too :)
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

Looks good Bob!
    What key blanks did you get? I only have 1 key and need to get a few extras.
    2015 Rubicon

Quote Originally Posted by sptrmike View Post
    Looking good.
    Thanks Mike!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    It was nice to catch up a bit and reminisce too, plus meet your family, so thank you Bob!

It does and it rides nice too :)
    I agree Shawn, they said the same, and it was great to meet Erin as well! Hope the trip after was worth the ride down there.
    Quote Originally Posted by 64wildcat View Post
    Looks good Bob!
    What key blanks did you get? I only have 1 key and need to get a few extras.
    Thanks! The keys were from Amazon, a vendor called keyless2go. I just googled the numbers that are on the back of my one OE fob and they came up. Others did too, but price was right and feedback was pretty consistent. My dealer was very up front, they said it doesn't always work, but at least they would do it for ones not bought there. They had a couple options online, I went the two key set just in case one didn't work, and also if I lose one I still have two left so I can code the next one myself.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Buy a Gazetteer

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    ...I agree Shawn, they said the same, and it was great to meet Erin as well! Hope the trip after was worth the ride down there...
    Anytime friends get together to help one another and to talk about the past/present/future is worth the trip, especially for a short 30 minute drive ;)
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Anytime friends get together to help one another and to talk about the past/present/future is worth the trip, especially for a short 30 minute drive ;)

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Buy a Gazetteer

Thanks Bob!
    2015 Rubicon