Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bob's 2012 JK Sahara

So I think I am done adding things for the year. Installed jks quicker discos to account for sway bar post lift. Super easy install. Different than TJ. Now the discos come off and you have to strap the bar in place. The TJ ones had a post that you attached them to. But, JK sway is mounted undwr frame, and no room for that post now. Meh, mainly wanted right length links since I remember keeping oe links on my TJ with 2" spacer lift and I popped two out of socket before going jks disco.
    Also installed a Smittybilt oil/trans pan skid. Also, super easy install. Even easier than the one I did on the 08 Rubi. More room to insert the bolt at the frame mount for one thing. That was a biotch with my 08. Also, the Smitty has a much much thicker mounting bracket from frame to front of skid. Like 1/2" thick. The one on my 08 was a JCR and the bracket was much thinner, maybe 3/16. Not sure if it is the result of the thicker bracket or the 3.6 being much smoother, but there is absolutely no engine vibe transferred to the plate and through the Jeep. Much better. Oh, I should note that Smityy also included a flag nut for the last mounting bolt in the crossmember. It would have been good of them to mention it though lol. I happened to have already seen it mentioned though so was prepared. It also has a kink that allows it to easily clear the exhaust, which was another bad point with my JCR, it contacted the pipe until I put nearly 1/2" of spacers in. Looked like crap. Again though, could have been an issue with the 3.8 vs 3.6.
    Still not ready for fall crawl. No CB mounted yet. Can't decide what to do with the antenna. Likely going to be drilling holes through the body though.
    But, all the stuff I wanted to do before underside coating is done. Got 6 cans of Fluid Film waiting, maybe Sunday. Ugh, sheep smell though lol.
    Next spring I get the muffler off and put the high clearance one on that I bouth for the Rubi and never got to install. Finally found a cool tool for getting the mount out of the isolator, that stopped me last month. That is a bear. Hopefully the MAPP gas will give me enough heat to remove the pipe.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bob; 10-19-2018 at 08:37 PM.
    Gone now :( -2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2" BB, 4.88's, TT F&R, 33x10.5 km2's, xrc8 winch, uniden pro xl520 cb, 4' wilson
    Gone now too :( -2008 Rubicon, uniden pro xl520 cb, 5' wilson Silver Load, JCR engine skid, JCR evap skid
    Present-2012 JK Sahara-KO2's plus neat stock stuff

Buy a Gazetteer

Bob, your build is really coming together! Nice work!
    1996 Landcruiser, 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo Grunter, Dawes Boost Controller - 23psi, front/rear ARB lockers, ARB rear bumper, Slinky/Icon 3", Wholesale automatics A442f Extreme, 35" Duratracs, home built aluminum belly skid/Sliders, Costa Fabrications Front Bumper, Rigid D2 Low/Hi beam
    1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - 2" Alcan springs, 10" travel Gabriel shocks, 30" Yokohama AT/S
    2006 Evo 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb
    2000 Civic - B18C swap (Acura Integra GSR engine, transmission, ECU, Axles, shift linkage)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
    Bob, your build is really coming together! Nice work!
    Thanks! Timing has worked right this time, though now I really need to get the Fluid Film on it.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
    Gone now :( -2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2" BB, 4.88's, TT F&R, 33x10.5 km2's, xrc8 winch, uniden pro xl520 cb, 4' wilson
    Gone now too :( -2008 Rubicon, uniden pro xl520 cb, 5' wilson Silver Load, JCR engine skid, JCR evap skid

Buy a Gazetteer

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Red face

We should have a FF party! Want to do Erin's new ride too ;)
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    We should have a FF party! Want to do Erin's new ride too ;)
    Haha! All that FF, it would smell like a Scottish bachelor party!

Buy a Gazetteer

MIKE
    Member: Treadlightly
    Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by sptrmike View Post
    lmao!!

Buy a Gazetteer

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    Haha! All that FF, it would smell like a Scottish bachelor party!

Quote Originally Posted by sptrmike View Post
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)