Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: Trans-New Hampshire Overland Adventure Route

Default Trans-New Hampshire Overland Adventure Route

Not sure if this is the correct thread but I was wondering if anyone has completed the Trans-New Hampshire Overland Adventure Self- Guided Route?

I was planning on planning a small family trip and had a few questions.

I have a Chevy Colorado ZR2 and was wondering if the trail was wide enough to not slap into anything too hard, my width is just under 77 inches.

Also, can you start the route on any day, or is it required to start on a Friday and end on a Sunday. I was hoping to do Saturday-Monday leading up to Columbus Day Weekend.

Thanks so much in advance!

Jeepin is online now Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Project Lead
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Quote Originally Posted by butters95 View Post
    Not sure if this is the correct thread but I was wondering if anyone has completed the Trans-New Hampshire Overland Adventure Self- Guided Route?

I was planning on planning a small family trip and had a few questions.

I have a Chevy Colorado ZR2 and was wondering if the trail was wide enough to not slap into anything too hard, my width is just under 77 inches.

Also, can you start the route on any day, or is it required to start on a Friday and end on a Sunday. I was hoping to do Saturday-Monday leading up to Columbus Day Weekend.

Thanks so much in advance!
    I moved this to general offroading for you.

The zr2 should have no issue doing this route, I would recommend traveling in packs of 2 vehicles or more, or have some recovery gear or winch to be safe. Anytime you go offroad things could happen.

You can start on any day you want. Some people have said they do portions when they have time. The only thing is some attractions may be closed depending on the day or time you come through, such as the Mt Washington autoroad if you decide you want to drive up on day 1 or first thing day 2.

Day 2 and 3 is when you will encounter trails, you will fit width wise without issue. There is 1 trail in particular on the 3rd day that can have some deep water and a few challenging rocks. The water crossings have solid bottoms.

Hope you guys have a great time!
    /_/[]||||||[]\_\
    Crawler: 90' YJ, 4.0L, 35x13.5 BFG Krawlers, MT Wheels, Coyote Double Beadlocks, SOA Lift, Shackle Reversal, HP D30, Ford 8.8, Aussie Locked F&R, Rocky Road OTT Steering, SYE, Bilstein Shocks, XRC8 Winch, Full Cage, Armor and Dents.
    (Oo\||||||/oO)
    Daily Driver / Overlander: 04 WJ Overland, 4.7L HO, 3 OME Lift, 1 Spacers, 32 Duratracs, JK Wheels, Bilstein Shocks, Superwinch, Fawkes Minimax / Detours Recovery, Rola Roof Rack, Safari Doors.

And I will add that there is always a potential for damage. You are putting your vehicle in precarious situations and things move, slide, slip etc... There is never a guarantee, however on this trip it is less likely to happen.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

I was looking at doing that too once I get a winch and recovery gear all set up. Being a Novice, I was really concerned that there might be sections that might be intimidating for me until I find someone to run it with.

I've been keeping an eye out for a guided run.

There are 2 spots still open on the upcoming TNHX guided trip.

http://exploringnh.com/home/trans-ne...pedition-fall/
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

Rule number 1 of off roading is don't go out alone.

How do you find a partner if you're new? Post up on ENH!
    --
    Agnes - 1995 Jeep Wrangler (YJ) - 4 cylinder 35" MTRs, SM465, RockTrac, 3.5" Black Diamond Suspension SUA, Ford 8.8, HPD30 w/vacuum disconnect w/4.88s, ARB lockers front and rear, front shackle reversal, rear revolvers, lotsa skids, Bullet Proof steer modified, Mastercraft seats with PRP 5 point harness
    Ruby - 2016 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock Rubicon - bone stock except for Rock Hard skids, diff armor

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo Sierra View Post
    I was looking at doing that too once I get a winch and recovery gear all set up. Being a Novice, I was really concerned that there might be sections that might be intimidating for me until I find someone to run it with.

I've been keeping an eye out for a guided run.
    Beginner here, still looking for some people to go out with. Was looking at a few clubs around the Boston area. I'd love to try this trail though, or at least sections of it. Definitely can't get work off for all 3 days but I was hoping to do chunks of it over a few weekends