Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Team Underbuilt: Ecgreen's stocker rig

Quote Originally Posted by ecgreen View Post
    Dude. This post is golden, especially the axle and gear info. Even more so on the air intake. They basically have it pointed at the freekin gorund lol.

So how much of a lift do you get with the f-150 springs? I am only looking to go up 2 inches
    2-3 inches is max with the camber caster bushings. I maxed the adjustable bushings and trimmed the springs until camber was in spec
    91ish Ranger 351W Narrowed HP D44 SAS 14 Bolt C&C rear 39s 4.88s Locked F+R
    67 Kaiser/Jeep M715 38s 5.89 gears Running Project

Progress: swapped in muffler and new tailpipe.
    Realized: there are more holes further upstream. Lots of noise still, exhaust smell in the cab and a severe lack power accelerating. Can you say cat and new manifolds? Whose ready to break some bolts off !?!?!

Someone at some point removed the AC compressor but the left everything else. The condenser was GROSS.

I pulled the condenser and now my radiator can breath again.

Part of the reason I bought this truck was to learn more about working on vehicles. Mission accomplished! From here I'll fix the rest of the exhaust and then see how it runs. Oh yeah, it rides like a jack hammer too lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180918_182104584.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	31896   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180918_184930441.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	31897   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180918_184930441.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	31898   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	136.7 KB 
ID:	31899  
    "I hope you get hit by a goose, right in the sway bar!"
    -anon

2015 Tacoma Access 4-banger (aka 'Scratchy') -> 255/85r16 ST Maxx, FJC wheels, 3" OME 887s/full dakar pack, CBI sliders and full skids, Pelfreybilt Hybrid bumper, ****tybilt 9.5 XRC winch, sway bar go by bye, ARB on-board air, many many zip-tie

1989 Ford Bronco II (yet to be named) -> Stock except for blown head gasket mod

Can you say cat and new manifolds? Whose ready to break some bolts off !?!?!

Someone at some point removed the AC compressor but the left everything else.
    Its old enough no one should bother you for not having a kitty, I never ran one. Cut the flange off the old one, pound it onto the end of a 2-1/2" muffler, weld it and add what you want off the back.

Manifolds suck no matter what you do, but IIRC the exhaust manifold mounts to a flange, you can drill through the thread and put a nut on the backside. That might have been a Ford 4.0... Been a long time. The plus side is the motor comes out real easy, and you can drill the bolts out hanging from an engine hoist. I tore the motor mounts in the Ranger 1st trip out, so I pulled the motor, fixed the exhaust, new(er) motor mounts, and back in. At the end of me running 2.9s I could drive a truck into the garage and have the motor on the floor in 30 minutes

I might still have an AC compressor for that... You know you want engine driven OBA

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    Its old enough no one should bother you for not having a kitty, I never ran one. Cut the flange off the old one, pound it onto the end of a 2-1/2" muffler, weld it and add what you want off the back.

Manifolds suck no matter what you do, but IIRC the exhaust manifold mounts to a flange, you can drill through the thread and put a nut on the backside. That might have been a Ford 4.0... Been a long time. The plus side is the motor comes out real easy, and you can drill the bolts out hanging from an engine hoist. I tore the motor mounts in the Ranger 1st trip out, so I pulled the motor, fixed the exhaust, new(er) motor mounts, and back in. At the end of me running 2.9s I could drive a truck into the garage and have the motor on the floor in 30 minutes

I might still have an AC compressor for that... You know you want engine driven OBA
    I'd buy that compressor off you if you find it. Already got a Cat...I have my ways lol. And Ihe manifold is on a flange. Thanks for the tip on that, I just might need it. The good news is the valve covers have been leaking for a long time and have soaked the bolts over the years. I might get lucky.

Ain't no way I am getting an engine out in 30 min lol. I have a lot to learn

Here's a question for ya. What is this hole in the tranny? Should it have a plug?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180919_181309220.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	31905   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hole.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	190.2 KB 
ID:	31906  
    -anon

2015 Tacoma Access 4-banger (aka 'Scratchy') -> 255/85r16 ST Maxx, FJC wheels, 3" OME 887s/full dakar pack, CBI sliders and full skids, Pelfreybilt Hybrid bumper, ****tybilt 9.5 XRC winch, sway bar go by bye, ARB on-board air, many many zip-tie

Ain't no way I am getting an engine out in 30 min lol. I have a lot to learn

Here's a question for ya. What is this hole in the tranny? Should it have a plug?
    I did too when I started, very easy truck to work on, and parts are cheap and available!

Not 100% on the hole, but probably just a drain for the dripping rear main, and access to the torque converter. I wouldn't worry about it

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    I did too when I started, very easy truck to work on, and parts are cheap and available!

Not 100% on the hole, but probably just a drain for the dripping rear main, and access to the torque converter. I wouldn't worry about it
    Wicked easy to work on. I am having a blast!
    -anon