Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: New member bringing a new vehicle into the forum

Default New member bringing a new vehicle into the forum

Just found the forum when searching Google for some new places to explore. New to NH offroading, moved from ME not too long ago. Toyota 22re was my previous vehicle of choice, but I jumped when I saw the baby diesel in a sport oriented mid sized so I got a ZR2 to explore with. Through some lurking on the forum looks like a good group of people so I'm excited to learn some new spots.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by newenglands1stzr2; 08-10-2018 at 11:32 PM.

Nice! How long is the bed?
    "I hope you get hit by a goose, right in the sway bar!"
    -anon

2015 Tacoma Access 4-banger (aka 'Scratchy') -> 255/85r16 ST Maxx, FJC wheels, 3" OME 887s/full dakar pack, CBI sliders and full skids, Pelfreybilt Hybrid bumper, ****tybilt 9.5 XRC winch, sway bar go by bye, ARB on-board air, many many zip-tie

1989 Ford Bronco II (yet to be named) -> Stock except for blown head gasket mod

Welcome aboard ENH!
    BLACKDRAFT a 2014 JKU
    http://www.instagram.com/blackdraft_2014jku
    American Tactical Thin Red Line grill insert (Dirty Acres).
    Barricade Trail Force front and rear bumpers
    Truck Lite Heated LED Headlights, Raxiom Smoked LED Taillights
    AEV 2.5" DualSport XT lift with 315/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
    Smittybuilt Gen 2 XRC 9,500lb winch with synthetic rope
    4:56 gears

sharp looking truck ! welcome to ENH !
    Scott / Team Jeep crawl

1997 Jeep TJ ,4 inch rough county x- series lift ,tom woods drive shafts with SYE ,BFG KM 2 33s ,smittybilt bumpers,rock-rails ,winch,skid plates ,stinkys off road full roll cage , ARB snorkel along/ with a few outer moderate add ons ,with a bunch of gear / tools for some moderate class six adventures ...with a Bantam Trailer, for those overland adventures.

Member of : Tread Lightly

Leave no trace / carry out more then you carry in

Thanks guys. Bed is tiny at 5'2, ive already had some trouble with packing for camp. New storage spots are in the works

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Cool

Hello and welcome from another ex-Mainiac :)
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

Welcome! ZR2 looks great, gas or diesel?
    1992 RRC Alpine White - Gone
    1988 Defender 90 Black - Gone
    2006 LR3 Tonga Green - Gone
    1988 RRC Portofino Red
    1992 RRC Eastnor Green

2.8 liters of non-coal rollin power

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by newenglands1stzr2 View Post
    2.8 liters of non-coal rollin power

Ha! The old 2.8 back in the day was such a pos, but I am sure the new one is much better....at least I hope for your sake :)

The diesel reads like it would be awesome though, just sayin'
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

Lol well to tell you the truth I've had some issues. Mostly emissions related, wierd how it all happened the first 7k miles, now for the past 7k it's been a dream and has some woken up after it did GMs little "break in". These new diesels have a f*kin redundancy of sensors everywhere. Once the warranty runs im planning on deleting the emissions which should rid most of the nuisance.

Welcome to ENH! Sharp looking truck! I've been seeing more and more of these around and am really digging the new look and diesel drive train.

If you're interested, we are running 2 days of Offroading 101 classes in mid September. It is a great place to not only gain new driving, offroading, and recovery skills, but to become more comfortable with your vehicle offroad. It is also a great opportunity to meet fellow ENH members! http://exploringnh.com/home/off-road-101-class-session/
    WAGGLER: 1999 TJ: currently in pieces.
    Build thread
    Member: Team Overbuilt
    Shop Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mb523 View Post
    Welcome to ENH! Sharp looking truck! I've been seeing more and more of these around and am really digging the new look and diesel drive train.

If you're interested, we are running 2 days of Offroading 101 classes in mid September. It is a great place to not only gain new driving, offroading, and recovery skills, but to become more comfortable with your vehicle offroad. It is also a great opportunity to meet fellow ENH members! http://exploringnh.com/home/off-road-101-class-session/
    Sorry for the late reply but thank you for the heads up. Unfortunately due to work I'm far away usually in the Fall. But I look forward to checking out the pictures and hope to make the next one if it fits the schedule. Maybe summer time?

Default Sick Truck!

Hey, I have the same Truck! Wish I opted in for the diesel, but the ZR2 is a monster nonetheless.

I was wondering if you have any good recommendations on spots to bring it, it has 2000 miles and itching to taste the dirt.

Best