Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: Fishing from the shore, southern NH

Default Fishing from the shore, southern NH

A friend of mine who lives south of Boston want to take his young kids and father to go fishing. They'll be using fishing poles that his father built a long time ago. Think epic Grandfather, son, grandkids weekend.

This would be from the shore. Kids are small so they don't want to drive a million miles.

Where can they go? What kinds of permits do they need?
    --
    Agnes - 1995 Jeep Wrangler (YJ) - 4 cylinder 35" MTRs, SM465, RockTrac, 3.5" Black Diamond Suspension SUA, Ford 8.8, HPD30 w/vacuum disconnect w/4.88s, ARB lockers front and rear, front shackle reversal, rear revolvers, lotsa skids, Bullet Proof steer modified, Mastercraft seats with PRP 5 point harness
    Ruby - 2016 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock Rubicon - bone stock except for Rock Hard skids, diff armor

They can get out of state day passes. Massabesic in Manchester/Auburn has a ton of shore fishing but you canít touch the water. Mine Falls in Nashua has some good shore fishing. There is also Wason Pond in Chester that is good for shore fishing.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

Quote Originally Posted by FSHJNKY View Post
    They can get out of state day passes. Massabesic in Manchester/Auburn has a ton of shore fishing but you canít touch the water. Mine Falls in Nashua has some good shore fishing. There is also Wason Pond in Chester that is good for shore fishing.
    What do you mean by "you can't touch the water"?
    It's all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by GSSFC View Post
    What do you mean by "you can't touch the water"?
    uhhh, that you can't touch the water? :- )

Massabessic is open to fishing, kayaking, powerboat and dry sailboats. (So no Hobie cats or other wet type boats.)

And absolutely no swimming or even wading.

Why? Massabesic supplies Manchester with its water and it is some of the best water in the country. They don't even chlorinated it!

So the obvious question is "why power boats?" It turns out the removing petroleum products from water is really easy, so power boats are ok. But removing biologics is really hard, so don't touch the water.
    --
    Agnes - 1995 Jeep Wrangler (YJ) - 4 cylinder 35" MTRs, SM465, RockTrac, 3.5" Black Diamond Suspension SUA, Ford 8.8, HPD30 w/vacuum disconnect w/4.88s, ARB lockers front and rear, front shackle reversal, rear revolvers, lotsa skids, Bullet Proof steer modified, Mastercraft seats with PRP 5 point harness
    Ruby - 2016 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock Rubicon - bone stock except for Rock Hard skids, diff armor

I live next to Massabesic, and they're right, good fishing, no swimming.

There is a fire road that you can walk that goes all the way around the lake. There are many fishing spots that are not on the main road.

I'd suggest starting here:

https://goo.gl/maps/7pafnF5N3422

If the trek to Massabesic involves RT 3. I might suggest that they detour at exit 11 and visit King Kong for soft serve ice cream. The ice cream is good and the portion size is absurd so talk to the girls before selecting a size. If you like craft brew Able Ebenezer brewing is just up the road and the taphouse has a nice vibe. Ask for Jim, the brew master, and drop my name....
    J.J. Nissen snack truck minus the snacks.