Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: 2012 Sahara

Default 2012 Sahara

Replacement for my dearly missed Rubicon is a Sahara, which I had before the Rubi.
    54k miles, nav, bluetooth, 115v adapter, hill assist (who knows why with auto), 5 spd auto trans, and new front axle joints and bump stops.
    Interior is black, and the seats are a dream compared to the 08.
    Loving this, and a great deal considering I had no trade in. Had a Rubi with similar miles and similar year been available it would have been a tougher choice.
    Time will tell. Unfortunately have to wait a bit on tires, and these are just Dueler A/T so I don't see much wheeling in it this season. :(
    Not a fan of chrome or shiny trim, but I am loving the Jeep Since 1941 on the dash grab bar.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Gone now :( -2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2" BB, 4.88's, TT F&R, 33x10.5 km2's, xrc8 winch, uniden pro xl520 cb, 4' wilson
    Gone now too :( -2008 Rubicon, uniden pro xl520 cb, 5' wilson Silver Load, JCR engine skid, JCR evap skid
    Present-2012 JK Sahara-KO2's plus neat stock stuff

Buy a Gazetteer

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Cool

Pentastar engine and a much better slush box! :)
    Congratulations Bob ;)
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Pentastar engine and a much better slush box! :)
    Congratulations Bob ;)
    Thanks Shawn! I was at first meh on the difference between the two engines, but then checked under the hood after a two hour ride and found one of the air lines from the intake around to the back, guessing egr, was not connected. :/ It's performance is much improved and smoother now lol

Gone now :( -2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2" BB, 4.88's, TT F&R, 33x10.5 km2's, xrc8 winch, uniden pro xl520 cb, 4' wilson
    Gone now too :( -2008 Rubicon, uniden pro xl520 cb, 5' wilson Silver Load, JCR engine skid, JCR evap skid

Buy a Gazetteer

Awesome! Congratulations on getting back into an adventure rig! I like that color.
    1996 Landcruiser, 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo Grunter, Dawes Boost Controller - 23psi, front/rear ARB lockers, ARB rear bumper, Slinky 3", Wholesale automatics A442f Extreme, 35" Duratracs, home built aluminum belly skid, modified TG Tacoma Sliders
    1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - 2" Alcan springs, 10" travel Gabriel shocks, 30" Yokohama AT/S
    2006 Evo 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb
    2000 Civic - B18C swap (Acura Integra GSR engine, transmission, ECU, Axles, shift linkage)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
    Awesome! Congratulations on getting back into an adventure rig! I like that color.
    Thank you! I agree on the color. It looked much better in person, especially the matching hard top. Online they looked very different, so I was a little concerned going in, but very happy once I saw it because I really like the deep mettalic green. And glad it has the black interior too, never really liked the green and khaki of my 2000 Sahara interior.

Buy a Gazetteer

Huh. Been one of those years; forgot I already did this. Anyhoo, it begins. Though slowly, very slowly. Added new tires, bfg ko2's, stock 255/70r18 because I don't want to deal with the 3.21 gears plus auto. Too many miles per year to want that headache, and 32" tires really are plenty for most of what I would do.
    Lots more to go, but some pretty cool stuff in the Jeep already-hill descent (works cool), 730n with trail record and bluetooth, electric mirrors so I dont spill my umbrella drink when adjusting them to see the curb at the mall. 115VAC outlet for my half mocha latte espresso skinny with poo or whatever the hell it is they drink on those place. Basically, a far cry from my first Jeep.
    Have tobget skids still, and figure out where I want my CB and antenna to mount. All the fun stuff

Buy a Gazetteer

Me-"memo"
    730n nav voice recog-"new memo, saved memos, delete memos"
    Me-"new memo"
    Nav-"begin recording after the beep"
    Me-*bunch or random words, testing out the memo feature*
    Nav-"save, continue recording, delete memo"
    Me-"save"
    Nav-"are you sure?"
    Me-"yes"
    Nav-"memo deleted"
    O_O

Buy a Gazetteer

It's Hill Descent Control on the Autos, Hill Start Assist in manuals. The difference? HSA holds the brake for you for a moment so you can do the 3 footed dance going uphill easier. HDC uses the brakes to overcome the lack of benefit of engine braking going downhill when you've got a torque converter in the drive line. That's your GI Joe moment for the day.
    -- Tundra (yes, really my name, not my truck!) - KC1DQY

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer')
    1952 M38A1 'Old Swampy' - pending reassembly into mostly stock form

Quote Originally Posted by Ivoryring View Post
    It's Hill Descent Control on the Autos, Hill Start Assist in manuals. The difference? HSA holds the brake for you for a moment so you can do the 3 footed dance going uphill easier. HDC uses the brakes to overcome the lack of benefit of engine braking going downhill when you've got a torque converter in the drive line. That's your GI Joe moment for the day.
    Thanks Tundra.
    Yeah, I tried out the HDC thing, remarkably good hold, and as good as using low-low in my old manual TJ Sahara.
    It also has the HSA, though it seems odd for an auto, but it works well too. I guess maybe less stress on auto for takeoff on a hill, so seems reasonable.

Buy a Gazetteer